Was griffith's torture necessary?

Lauralana

That's Hot
Ok so we all know that after griffith has sex with the princess, he gets captured and tortured for about a year. My question is: Why the severity of the punishment? I don't think that griffith completly deserved what he got and how he was treated from the Midland castle. They basically dehumanized him. What do u think his official charge was? was it really imperative to cut off his tounge? does anyone else think that the whole thing was a bit harsh?

Also, what exactly did they do to him in there. I watched the anime so i know most of it, but the manga prolly went into better description.

It was a bit harsh... but it was mainly because Griffith knew the king secret... and that he is perverted (if you have watch the manga), the king was of coz furious that Griffith expose him...

What the jailer did was basically cruel, he perform all of of torture imaginable... everday for one whole year ;)

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Smith said:
What the jailer did was basically cruel, he perform all of of torture imaginable... everday for one whole year ;)
Actually, he doesn't perform all of torture imaginable at all. You can't even think of all kinds of turture which exist. Well, that isn't taht important ^^

Guil

Guil-BANNED! said:
Actually, he doesn't perform all of torture imaginable at all. You can't even think of all kinds of turture which exist. Well, that isn't taht important ^^

Guil

Well the jailer briefly said the torture he perform, but for that one whole year i am quite sure he did more than wat he said ;)

Of coz that it just my speculation

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Lauralana said:
Ok so we all know that after griffith has sex with the princess, he gets captured and tortured for about a year. My question is: Why the severity of the punishment? I don't think that griffith completly deserved what he got and how he was treated from the Midland castle. They basically dehumanized him. What do u think his official charge was? was it really imperative to cut off his tounge? does anyone else think that the whole thing was a bit harsh?

Also, what exactly did they do to him in there. I watched the anime so i know most of it, but the manga prolly went into better description.

The manga (warning :serious spoilers) gives a deeper insight as to why Charlotte's father, the King of Midland, had Griffith so severely tortured. Mostly because he desired his daughter for himself and was angrier that Griffith had de-virgined her rather than himself. He was basically jealous that Griffith got there before he did. You have to read the manga and check out this horrible chapter. While Charlotte was a ditz, she didn't deserve what her father did to her. And Griffith, having been not all right in the head after Guts left Taka no Dan, made the horrible mistake of going to her princess quarters that night.

You have to get the manga!! :D

Lauralana

That's Hot
did the king of Midland rape charlotte after griffith had slept with her. or did he punish her in some way since what she and griffith did was consensual?

Poor charlotte, nobody deserives a parent like that...

SexyCharlotte

Lauralana said:
did the king of Midland rape charlotte after griffith had slept with her. or did he punish her in some way since what she and griffith did was consensual?

Poor charlotte, nobody deserives a parent like that...
You have to read the manga to find out. :D

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Lauralana said:

It may have seemed harsh, but as others have already explained, the King felt that Griffith stole his daughter's precious virginity. The King loved Charlotte a bit too much and turned his love of his daughter into rage against Griffith. Also, torture like that wasn't too uncommon back in ancient times for enemies of nobles, kings or emperors.

On another note, it seems fitting for him to be turned from an god-like figure to a desolate invalid just before the eclipse. I think causality had a little to do with that since Griffith was at his weakest point before the Godhands asked him to make the sacrifice. The long year of torture brought him to his most desperate state making it more tempting to sacrifice the Bank of the Hawks and become Femto.

Other than we we can obviously see (i.e. tendons on wrists and feet slashed, tongue cut off) and saw the torturer doing, the rest is speculation. But given Griffith's crime, it wouldn't surprise me if he was castrated.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Miyu said:
It may have seemed harsh, but as others have already explained, the King felt that Griffith stole his daughter's precious virginity. The King loved Charlotte a bit too much and turned his love of his daughter into rage against Griffith. Also, torture like that wasn't too uncommon back in ancient times for enemies of nobles, kings or emperors.

On another note, it seems fitting for him to be turned from an god-like figure to a desolate invalid just before the eclipse. I think causality had a little to do with that since Griffith was at his weakest point before the Godhands asked him to make the sacrifice. The long year of torture brought him to his most desperate state making it more tempting to sacrifice the Bank of the Hawks and become Femto_Other than we we can obviously see (i.e. tendons on wrists and feet slashed, tongue cut off) and saw the torturer doing, the rest is speculation. But given Griffith's crime, it wouldn't surprise me if he was castrated.

Yep yep, as was said, the King was angry more because Griffith got to her first and he knew the King's secret. Also, having sex with the crown princess was pretty much always somewhere around a capital offense (at the least, it would warrant severe punishment) in times like those anyway.

And as Miyu mentioned, this is likely causality at work. Griffith is tortured to the point where he meets a crossroads: stay the same and give up this dream he's been living for or sacrifice everything and gain back what he's lost, including his chance for the dream. The torture and resulting disability brought him to the the point where he was willing to sacrifice the Band of the Hawk and become the next God Hand.

SexyCharlotte

It can be safely said the torturer took great pleasure in what he did...he cut Griffith's tendons, cut out his tongue, ripped off his skin...you know, the usual shit they did during the Middle Ages dungeon torture. In any case, it was all along the flows of karma so Griffith could make the sacrifice he did.

N

Nasferatu Zodd

Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
he cut Griffith's tendons, cut out his tongue, ripped off his skin...you know, the usual shit they did during the Middle Ages dungeon torture.
What surprised me though was that he didnt smash his balls with a hammer or something. Which one king did to his victims when they wouldn't tell the enemies position. ;D

Scarface

It can be safely said the torturer took great pleasure in what he did...he cut Griffith's tendons, cut out his tongue, ripped off his skin...you know,

He also seared him and scale him with boiling water... i am really amazed that he can actually survived this

SexyCharlotte

Lauralana said:
ya i was also amazed that he lived throught that. it must be a testament to how strong his will and character are.

I just remember the look of horror on Guts and Judeau's faces when they took the iron mask off Griffith. If GUTS had a look of horror, imagine what Griffith's face must have looked like. You just get the feeling that the torturer ( and I think it was even mentioned in the anime and manga) loved disfiguring someone so young and pretty.

i feel that the torture for griffith was nessecary. Of all the people, Griffith just earned the rank of white within the midland army. Having slept with the kings daughter, Why wouldn't the king do this. Griffith was a person who the King trusted, and the fact that he had sex with his daughter would seriously put the king in a bad position if word leaked out onto the streets of the city. That is why the king told the gaurds not to tell anyone in the manga. So the king decided to torture Griffith extensively because Griffith had found out the king's secret. Since he is the king of the strongest nation at that time, why couldn't he kill torture someone who just insulted him that harshly. I feel that it was somthing a regular king would do in these circumstances

Lauralana

That's Hot
ya u're all right. It was soo sad to see what he was reduced too. he such a strong man even though he had his problems. I think this is the first time that any main character in a series/manga was reduced to such a sad state like that. Muira's story lines are genius.

If GUTS had a look of horror, imagine what Griffith's face must have looked like

Ya especially since guts have seen so many grossy scene before and his expression doesnt even twitch, so if he have horror on his face he must have been really bad...

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Anyway, he couldn't do otherwise than go sleeping with Charlotte that night. Well, he had to test the merchandise before any possible marriage ;D
Thus, they now know they are sexually compatible^^
Guil

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Scarface said:
What surprised me though was that he didnt smash his balls with a hammer or something. Which one king did to his victims when they wouldn't tell the enemies position. ;D

They probably did, just didn't go into detail about it. If I were a guy, I wouldn't want to draw that into the manga, I mean, would you want to see that? :eek:

But if the torturer knows what he's doing, he can maximize the pain of an individual without actually killing him. That was what the King ordered. You can survive burns from boiling water and having pieces of your skin ripped off as long as the way is done is implemented correctly so not to kill.

nir085

Horse and Armor
(This is a little late but oh well)

I think it all balanced out in the end, because although Griffith doing Charlotte wasn't that bad in and of itself, Griffith was responsible for the death of the King's younger brother and second wife, so he basically harmed everyone the King cared about to further his ambition. So this is basically fate's work at hand. It also was fate that Griffith was tortured as much as he was because otherwise he may have not sacrificed the Band of the Hawk (since the BOTH could have probably taken over Midland easily by force lol, if Griffith was in a good state)

also, do NOT buy the manga volume that covers this scene for two reasons:
1)the significant part of this scene is covered in the TV series
2)there is a really, really disgusting scene between Charlotte and the King in the manga...and that is all I will say. But yes, do read the manga, but read the taka no dan volumes last because they follow the anime pretty well for the most part with the exception of a few unnecessary explicit scenes

nir085 said:
also, do NOT buy the manga volume that covers this scene for two reasons:
1)the significant part of this scene is covered in the TV series
2)there is a really, really disgusting scene between Charlotte and the King in the manga...and that is all I will say. But yes, do read the manga, but read the taka no dan volumes last because they follow the anime pretty well for the most part with the exception of a few unnecessary explicit scenes

You speak like if taka no dan was around 100000 pages to study.

nir085

Horse and Armor
naw man, I know it's all simple stuff, I'm just telling her why the manga equivalent of that scene is disgusting (since she has only seen the Taka No Dan episodes, not the manga chapters)

Top Bottom