Episode 235

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re:Episode 235?

I really dug it. But then, I had low expectations.

Some really awesome, children's storybook visuals this chapter. Page 07 and 17 take the cake for me. This is a moment I think a lot of us have been waiting for for years now: Griffith's cheat-code ladies' man powers.

Now all that's left is the crowning... Oh and that Ganishka chap.

O

Ozmo

I was very impressed by how Miura didn't drawn Grifith's face on page 4 and didn't make it look horribly weird at all. His lips look totally weird, though. Even Griffith shouldn't be wearing lipstick. :)

Thanks for the scans and stuf.

Dark Wanderer said:
Well, why was he sent there, thne if not to capture Griffith? Perhaps he didn't really know who - or what - would appear there, but it seems to be that his mission was without a doubt to capture soemone. I dunno if the oracle appeared to a lot of people in the same way as for example Zodd - and Guts, to name an example, got his hints from the demon-baby. Perhaps that dream about the White Hawk was sent over the astral plane or something like that and could briefly touch other people's mind of maybe the Hawk, a tower and so on, thus makign a few people puttign two and two together and journeyed to Albion in hope to see the rebirth of the Hawk (unaware of that thye'd become the "fuel" of the Rebirth of the Hawk). But that is just something I'm assuming, based on stuff Flora has said...Sorry for being such a babblermouth then :p. And thanks ^_^.Well, if he seriously intends to collect Griffith's head, then why not? Actually, he may be pushing Gatt's & Company even now (Through this theory is based heavy on the idea on Silat joining or encountering Guts at some point): He tells Bakiraka all that stuff, which in time, maybe even soon, makes Silat and the Tapasa abandoning the Emperor and flee somewhere. In this "somewhere", they enounter Guts & Company. However that meeting ends, Silat tells Guts about the events in Wyndam which might in some way affect Gatt's decision for what to do next - like going after Griffith while he still has other problems to worry about or hurry to Elfheim...
When I was talking about the oracle I wasn't talking about the dream but about some Kushan priest identity that seems to exist. It makes me think of something like Delphi of ancient greece.
About what they were doing there, you see Tarpassa want to capture the hawk before the army and they must also check what's the army doing I guess.

Ozmo said:
I was very impressed by how Miura didn't drawn Grifith's face on page 4 and didn't make it look horribly weird at all. His lips look totally weird, though. Even Griffith shouldn't be wearing lipstick. :)

Thanks for the scans and stuf.

Yeah, it gave me a transexual impression too.
It's not the first time in japanesse manga or anime that the above-human standards major villain has this mix of characteristics.

"The frozen time begins to move"
Have you noticed that?
Could it be more significant than the embarassment and shock of Charlotte?
Remember Griffith's fall from his scope begun at a point like this. Could it be that GH's planning through causality ends up here?

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p

Uriel said:
Another thing that caught my eye was Borcoff/Borkov. Was it just me, or does he look just like the apostle who clamped Guts' arm at the eclipse? Just a thought for you all to tinker with ;)

In case you didn't notice it, I said the same thing earlier in this thread ^^;;. Might be good that we know his name now through. :)

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert

Fucking amazing chapter. The last page is simply brilliant and reminds be that Berserk really is great stuff. I can't wait for more.

M

medievald00d

r2d2111 said:
has anyone posted chapter 235 scanlation at all...?
...why wont people like you die?

fucking little ingrate....thats what happens when people start messing with Saiyan's scans and disributes them....

That being said, Thx for the scans Saiyan!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

I appreciate all the mirror sites you guys put up but please, next time, just PM them to me, that way I can put them on the first post. ;)

r2d2111

I'm a llama!

Thanks Kart for posting that link. Just wanted to see what everyones talking about.

pheonixfenix you shouldn’t get so moody. I guess little girls like you get that way still going through puberty.

P

PsychoJavexx

Well, that's something you're not supposed to do around here. Asking for scanslations is a no-no here. ;)

M

medievald00d

well, obviously he doesnt know the difference between scans or scanslations

He also doesnt know where saiyan posts new scans...Heres a little favor:http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=2626

Dont let the fact that its a sticky with a big title like "RULES for Current Chapter's area" get in your way. We all know its hard to find... ::)

Schwabe

*cough*

Im mildly dissapointed by the chapter, being as Im partial to the princess's character (although he seems to be taking another direction with her which will make her intresting in my opinion) and also just miss the blazing glory of guts.

The last page was damn cool though.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost

Great chapter. How romantic is that? LOL. Zodd flies off with...The Bed. So now, I wonder...which comes first, sex or marriage?

LC

Miura never disappoints me. A great chapter with beautiful art, and it also serves as a reminder that Griffith is, and always was, a tactician -- and that he can be unpredictable.

Lovely moments between Griffith and Charlotte, referencing the history between them. Bittersweet, but still leaves me feeling uneasy for Charlotte's sake.

The gobsmacked expression on Ganishka's face, as Locus packed up and left, was pretty funny (still hate him and he needs to die, but not too soon since he seems like he could provide a decent challenge to Griffith.)

It's so nice to see Charlotte -- and Anna -- again. I'm hoping that with Charlotte reentering the story, there'll be some progress with Caska. It seems to me Miura has paralleled the stories of these two women in much the way he has with Guts and Griffith, and I'd really like to see Caska start to regain her sense of self and sanity.

I wish the story would stick with Griffith for a little longer, but Miura tends to keep Grif's appearances brief in order to maintain suspense.

I do want to see how Guts is doing, though, and learn more about his new armor. With Griffith seemingly more vulnerable now than he was as Femto and Guts newly powered-up, I'm thinking they're on more equal footing than they have been for quite some time.

Lots of interesting stuff happening, lots of questions being raised. A good time to be a Berserk fan...

Um, first post. I've lurked for a long time but this latest arc made me want to voice my appreciation for this series.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

This doesn't surprise me, Miura has strayed from Guts for more than 6 chapters before and it looks like he doesn't intend to now. 236 would have been a record with 7. =)

-Griffith

miurafan said:
Lovely moments between Griffith and Charlotte, referencing the history between them. Bittersweet, but still leaves me feeling uneasy for Charlotte's sake.

It's so nice to see Charlotte -- and Anna -- again. I'm hoping that with Charlotte reentering the story, there'll be some progress with Caska. It seems to me Miura has paralleled the stories of these two women in much the way he has with Guts and Griffith, and I'd really like to see Caska start to regain her sense of self and sanity.

Do you remember Gennon, the ruler of Tuder? Other than Caska, I parallel Charlotte with that man too.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost

miurafan said:
Miura never disappoints me. A great chapter with beautiful art, and it also serves as a reminder that Griffith is, and always was, a tactician -- and that he can be unpredictable.

The gobsmacked expression on Ganishka's face, as Locus packed up and left, was pretty funny (still hate him and he needs to die, but not too soon since he seems like he could provide a decent challenge to Griffith.)

I wish the story would stick with Griffith for a little longer, but Miura tends to keep Grif's appearances brief in order to maintain suspense.

I do want to see how Guts is doing, though, and learn more about his new armor. With Griffith seemingly more vulnerable now than he was as Femto and Guts newly powered-up, I'm thinking they're on more equal footing than they have been for quite some time.

Lots of interesting stuff happening, lots of questions being raised. A good time to be a Berserk fan...

Um, first post. I've lurked for a long time but this latest arc made me want to voice my appreciation for this series.

It just seems too easy to me that Griffith 'gets the girl' and they all fly away courtesy of Zodd...something's bound to happen, or the storyline will take a turn back to Guts, as Griff just said in his post.

I definitely think...well..who knows? Charlotte might change her mind?

Nice avatar. I like that.
LC

That was... Awesome!!! :eek:

Griffith appear like it was some sort of fairy tales, especially that last page... Can anyone kindly coloured that page for my wallpaper or screensaver ;D

That apostle which bit Guts hand off (or similiar type) make me think of rhinoceroes that seem to smash everything with his head...

P.S Anna does look cute when she was still half asleep ;)

Oh... Before i forget, thanks for the scans :D

Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
It just seems too easy to me that Griffith 'gets the girl' and they all fly away courtesy of Zodd...something's bound to happen, or the storyline will take a turn back to Guts

As Griffith already noted, Miura doesn't keep Guts off the main stage for very long since he is the hero of the story. :)

I doubt the Griffith/Charlotte story line is resolved one way or the other, though. It's far too early for that, and since I personally feel Griffith is unlikely to survive the end of the series, that doesn't leave much opportunity for fairy tale endings.

Guts' revenge and Griffith's dream have been motivating factors from the beginning, so I think it's unlikely either character will be achieving his goal until Miura starts to wrap up the story. I just don't feel it's time for that yet. It took Miura 26 books to get these characters where they are now, and while it's possible he's moving all his players into position for the series ending, there's still a lot of ground to cover, including the whole Gaiseric saga, origin of the God Hand, Idea's plans, Guts' eventual fate, Griffith's plans, and all the little side stories involving the other characters.

Miura probably has a few surprises in the works for Griffith and Charlotte. Really, there's so many directions he could take their story, and I'm happy to just sit back and wait to be entertained.

Nice avatar. I like that.

Thank you! It's what I'd have said on first seeing Zodd...

Do you remember Gennon, the ruler of Tuder? Other than Caska, I parallel Charlotte with that man too

Yup, I remember the guy. Griffith had sex with Gennon and Charlotte in order to advance his own plans (although the results both times were not quite as he expected), but that's the only relevant parallel I see between those two particular characters.

Schwabe

*cough*

I felt a hint that charlette is going to turn into a perfectly good evil mistress.

While anna was flipping out the (awakening) princess simply stared at the world as they flew away in her bed. She seems to idolize griffith that he can reveal himself to her and she will only adapt to suit him as a bride.

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thank you very much, SaiyajinNoOuji. :)
And also many thanks to Kart and MajinTenshi.

Finally, the diversion has succeeded and Ganishka the Great lost his valuable hostage. Gani, I think your great electrifying ability costs you too much. You need to transform your body to cloud or fog in order to electrify your enemy. But I wonder your brain also need to be vaporized. ;D
You should have thought why only a part of Griffith's army instead of the whole force invaded your base.

BTW, Zoddy, how about changing your name to Zeep. ;D
Your action this week reminds me of a general with his jeep in the army.

Vries

mentat-assasin

Oh I'm so late...so late...
Hmm nice chapter. Diversion plan succeeded, princes was rescued and everyone were happy. Ble... I truly hate that kind of happy endings ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom