Caska's Crying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauralana

That's Hot
is just me, or was caska crying for some reason in like, every episode of the anime? That was the main thing that annoyed me about her.

M

medievald00d

i mean absolutely no offense when i say this...but you really have to read the manga!!.... you're talking about things that happened 20 volumes ago...

anyways, if you think caska's bad now, wait till you see her after the eclipse...

Schwabe

*cough*
Lauralana said:
is just me, or was caska crying for some reason in like, every episode of the anime? That was the main thing that annoyed me about her.

I mean offense when I would say you seem to be on par with xenacho on a bad day or at the height of a stunning lack of intelect. (although in a previous topic above this one) Do you not fail to realize that although Berserk was made into an animated movie, it isn't a cartoon aimed at young children?

I'm glad to hear that Caska annoyed you though.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Schwabe said:
I mean offense when I would say you seem to be on par with xenacho on a bad day or at the height of a stunning lack of intelect. (although in a previous topic above this one) Do you not fail to realize that although Berserk was made into an animated movie, it isn't a cartoon aimed at young children?

I'm glad to hear that Caska annoyed you though.

Sorry Schwabe but you are in no postion to say someone is suffering from a lack of intelect when you go around using the phrase "Do you not fail to realize" lol. Berserk is also not an animated movie.

I'm not sure why her comment would offend you so much in the first place. Caska did cry alot. I liked it but it might annoy some ppl. It is a valid observation anyway.

Schwabe

*cough*
Re:Casca's Crying

:)

Just like the last thing Judeau could say.

(of course I'm in no position to say such things) But...berserk IS an animated movie in the 25 anime episodes. ...it just...is.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Well honestly I think of most anime more like long movies as well, Berserk is one of those. I was just trying to knock you down a notch :) hehe

You are cool about it though, so all is well.

Lauralana

That's Hot
ya i didn't mean to offend anyone. I really just got into this like 2 weeks ago and the manga that i ordered hasn't come in yet. So all i have to go on is the anime.

Maybe after i read the manga and can understand what is going on on the same level that u guys are, people like Schwabe won't think I'm a complete idiot. Geez, some of you guys are real mean on this board. You're lucky i don't take things personal :-*.

And i don't remember saying or hinting that Berserk was made for young children. Where'd that come from. ??? and why were you happy that i felt caska should stop crying? ( alright Schwabe, no mean answers....just nice statements)

Schwabe

*cough*
heheheh....that seriously made me laugh how no one cares, or even pretends to, that was great.

Anyways, the aimed towards young children was a reference to your thread of whether griffiths torture was nessecary.
Along that line of thought, guts desired revenge on griffith isn't nessecarily nessecary ither.

If you watched up to the end of the anime at least, recall judeuas last words? Classic.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Lauralana said:

Well, I remember watching an interview with one of the anime producers, and it was said that the storyline wasn't like the manga at all. It was aimed to help teenagers to cope and understand their emotions (yea i got a special edition dvd one). So you could imagine that there was alot of emotion in that anime.

Lauralana said:
ya i didn't mean to offend anyone. I really just got into this like 2 weeks ago and the manga that i ordered hasn't come in yet. So all i have to go on is the anime.

Maybe after i read the manga and can understand what is going on on the same level that u guys are, people like Schwabe won't think I'm a complete idiot. Geez, some of you guys are real mean on this board. You're lucky i don't take things personal :-*.

And i don't remember saying or hinting that Berserk was made for young children. Where'd that come from. ??? and why were you happy that i felt caska should stop crying? ( alright Schwabe, no mean answers....just nice statements)

That's one of the main problems on this board. People here expect high knowledge on Berserk and no mistakes made about what you say. If you say something like who's puck or Skull knight BAM you get flame. People need to (corny comment) take a chill pill. :D Points at Schwabe.

nir085

Horse and Armor
I for one find it ironic how Schwabe can't even form a freaking sentence correctly without innumerable grammatical errors, yet he is picking on a perfectly accurate and normal observation.

And yes, Caska's ridiculous temper can be quite annoying at times. She does have some redeeming features, however, such as being the only courageous woman in the series. Farneze isn't that courageous, nor is she much of a leader, she's just a warped individual who attained her position solely because of her heretic burning fetish. I guess Luca is pretty courageous herself...but she doesn't take up a sword and kill people.

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
I guess Luca is pretty courageous herself...but she doesn't take up a sword and kill people.

Doesn't matter, she takes care of her friends, and saves their lives, even if one of them is a complete asshole(the curly haired girl).
She was even willing to fall to her death so said asshole could escape. Lucky Skull Knight came along.

Lauralana

That's Hot
nir085 said:
I for one find it ironic how Schwabe can't even form a freaking sentence correctly without innumerable grammatical errors, yet he is picking on a perfectly accurate and normal observation.

thank you.....

Pyotr

It is my destiny to lead
Lauralana said:
is just me, or was caska crying for some reason in like, every episode of the anime?

Aren't all women like that? ;D

To tell the truth, though, I never really noticed. I guess the only parts of the anime I remember of her are her yelling at Guts for one reason or another.

For me Caskca cries because that totally sets her apart from many of the characters. When she cries she reminds all the guys that she is a women who was able to stick out and stay with them. It seems that they do that to seperate her. If she doesn't cry than she would just seem to be a cold hearted chick. ::)

Starscream said:
Aren't all women like that? ;D

::)

Early on in the animated series, I hated Caska. How she seemed to always bitch at Guts had turned me off her character.

My view of her changed when she finally began to soften up and explain why she was so stuck on Griffith.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I think that whole tough girl attitude she had in the beginning was neccesary for her. She is after all the only women warrior amongst a band of men. She's also a commander and none of her troops would take her orders seriously if she didn't show herself to be stronger than the average man. Though it may have made her seem bitchy, I actually grew a lot of respect for her.

On the issue of her crying, there are emotional limits that everyone will eventually reach, it's just easier for women to reach those limits (damn hormones). Given the situations she did break down and cry in, I don't blame her.

R

Raftrider

Miyu said:
I think that whole tough girl attitude she had in the beginning was neccesary for her. She is after all the only women warrior amongst a band of men. She's also a commander and none of her troops would take her orders seriously if she didn't show herself to be stronger than the average man. Though it may have made her seem bitchy, I actually grew a lot of respect for her.

On the issue of her crying, there are emotional limits that everyone will eventually reach, it's just easier for women to reach those limits (damn hormones). Given the situations she did break down and cry in, I don't blame her.

I agree.

C

CommanderCasca

Re: Casca's Crying

I started out not liking Casca either in the first anime episodes because i thought she was a whiney bitch....but after she explained her past , i instantly fell in love with her. She cried because she is an emotional woman, but proves you can be emotional and strong at the same time...i think she channeled her tears in strength. Her crying makes her human, vulnerable, yet strong and still a woman. In the beginning when she was young and cold, she wasnt shown as having any emotion but a big chip on her shoulder....as she let more of herself be revealed the more likeanble and respectable she became.

Gurifisu

Sweet dreams, dear child of god.

Well, I remember watching an interview with one of the anime producers, and it was said that the storyline wasn't like the manga at all. It was aimed to help teenagers to cope and understand their emotions (yea i got a special edition dvd one). So you could imagine that there was alot of emotion in that anime.

Are you kidding me? That's what they said... it was to help them cope with their emotions, was this guy on the freaking pipe? Hey, kids the best way to deal with your emotions is to sacrifice your entire band of hawks, and then sleep with your friend's (I believe guts fits griffith's the description of a friend even though it's contradictory to his dreams) girlfriend while he's watching, held down by demons. Then just for the heck of it... brand him so he's plagued for the rest of his life by demons.
Or, give into peer pressure... if your friend asks you to assassinate someone... you better do it.

Sleep with people for political gain.

Throw large pieces of armor at friends when angry... knives if neccessary.

When your friends cold, be bold :casca: :carcus: :guts:

There's more, but I fail to see it... maybe he was just saying that so it could say EXTRA on the dvd.

Gurifisu said:
Are you kidding me?  That's what they said... it was to help them cope with their emotions, was this guy on the freaking pipe?  Hey, kids the best way to deal with your emotions is to sacrifice your entire band of hawks, and then sleep with your friend's (I believe guts fits griffith's the description of a friend even though it's contradictory to his dreams) girlfriend while he's watching, held down by demons.  Then just for the heck of it... brand him so he's plagued for the rest of his life by demons.
Or, give into peer pressure... if your friend asks you to assassinate someone... you better do it.

Sleep with people for political gain.

Throw large pieces of armor at friends when angry... knives if neccessary.

When your friends cold, be bold  :casca: :carcus: :guts:

There's more, but I fail to see it... maybe he was just saying that so it  could say EXTRA on the dvd.

Well when they say that, I could imagine that they are looking at the bigger picture, instead of being too technical about things. For example, Im sure many teenagers

Follow a friend they very well much admire (guts griffith)
Have problems liking a girl thats in love with someone else (guts griffith caska)
See a peer as a mentor, having complex emotions about that mentor (caska griffith)
Having past problems because of past mistakes (griffith... ganon)
Being betrayed by a close friend (guts griffith)
And this list goes on.

They dont exactly have to provide solutions to the problems, but just have the audience connect with it more.

Woah this is sooo old, I dont even remember posting that. Im not even sure if I said it right, i just gave it a shotgun explination, hoping I would hit something.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.

While the anime is different in a couple of different ways, most of them to keep the story self contained, Caska never struck me as weepy.

Think about the first time Guts meets her, all harsh talk and action, she screams at Guts a lot but doesn't really cry untill their confrontation with Zodd.

It should be noted that between Guts meeting the Hawks and their "defeat" at the hands of Zodd, 3 years have passed without so much as a (witnessed) tear shed.

After that, Guts sees her at her worst, afraid for Griffith, angry that Guts became more important to Griffith than she was, pain at seeing Guts leave, and then despair at the fate of the Hawks and Griffith.

I never thought her emotional outbursts uncalled for or blown (much) out of porportion, and endeared her to me as a character rather then make her annoying.

LadyCs

Not all memories are meant to be remembered

I didn't like Caska in the beginning because she was always pissed off at Gatsu, but I started to realize she was just trying to live in a dominant man's world. I respected Caska. So what she cried? Big woop, everyone sheds tears when things get hard. Everyone cries and if you haven't then you've never been through heartache. She had alot of strength and the world on her shoulders. Caska was a woman plan and simple. Not to say woman are more weepy or anything but I'm fairly certain most girls will agree that we are much more expressive in our emotions then men. Not in just sadness but happiness and many other emotions. Caska had to deal with never being with a man she loved and considered a god who later rapes her. She had to deal with the thoughts of him being tortured and possibly dead then when he gets back she realizes how crap I love Gatsu I always have but I can't be with him. She had to deal with acting like a man for respect when all she really wanted was to be a woman. She wanted love for once in her entire life and had gotten it untill it was taken from her. Do you think her parents really loved her? They'd have probably eaten her they were so poor to sell her off to some stingy nobleman. There are a number of reasons she could cry and hey it could be annoying for some if I were a different person I'd think so too. But try and look through her eyes. Berserk isn't just some action gory violent manga, it has alot of psychological issues. Her crying or her outbursts at what she's been through there is nothing wrong with it. If she had been raped she probably would have acted the same way Gatsu acted when we first saw him after the rape.

>.> sorry I kinda went rant central. She's my fav character who I've cried for on quite a few occasions.

Casca hated Guts in the beginning because she couldn't stand that someone who acted so recklessly in battle could quickly become Griffith's favorite, while she had been a loyal subordinate all those years. Even after she and Guts got together, Casca still struggled with conflicted feelings over Griffith, realizing during the rescue mission that she actually felt some jealousy and resentment towards Charlotte. I think that Casca idolized Griffith in a way that transcended any desire to simply be with him as a woman (like Charlotte). Griffith to her was comparable to a God. Casca wanted to best serve Griffith, which in the Band of the Hawk meant being a good soldier. Then Guts "replaced" her and didn't even show proper respect or consideration for Griffith (walking in on Griffith when he was busy talking with the nobles, walking in on the ball after being all bloody while Griffith was talking with the princess, etc.).

I hated Casca in the anime, but my feelings about her changed once I started to read the manga. The anime doesn't really elaborate on why she feels the way that she feels at certain points, so in the beginning you just think that Casca is this really bitchy crybaby.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.

Circe said:
Do you think her parents really loved her? They'd have probably eaten her they were so poor to sell her off to some stingy nobleman.

Aaz has pointed it out before and I have to agree that while her parents selling her off seems cold: It was the best choice in context, I doubt he gave any indication of how avarice-laden his intentions towards her really were. I'm sure they knew that there was a big risk that he would mistreat her but given that she would have had a secure livelihood as a servant: It's fair to argue that that's negotiable in the face of her potentially starving to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom