2nd favourite relation of characters

What's your favourite relation of characters in the manga from the list of the below?

• Puck - Guts

Votes: 33 44.0%
  • Casca - Guts

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • Isidro - Guts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isidro - Schierke

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Farnese - Guts

• Farnese - Serpico

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Farnese - Casca

• Serpico - Guts

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Schierke - Guts

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Schierke - Farnese

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Schierke - Ivarella

• Puck - Ivarella

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Puck - Isidro

• Total voters
It's a tough choice, as several of the relationships in Berserk are really important and complicated. But at the moment I like Farnese-Guts' relationship the most, because how much it's changed over time, how she's been changed over time, and all the crazy situations that came up early on in their interactions with eachother. I like how it's very complicated with Roderick and Serpico in the mix lately, too. The second eclipse also so happens to be my favorite story arc.

kaophyre

a traveler in the beautiful world.
My vote goes to Farnese and Serpico - you gotta love such a seriously screwed-up sadomasochistic, bordering-on-incestual relationship in which the emotional wounds run so deep, and yet so binding. I'm fascinated by characters that injure each other but can't help but lean on each other for support as well.

I like Caska and Guts too, but I'd rather them not ever get the "happy ending". I would find it more interesting if Guts has to continue to depend on her as an anchor, but be repelled out of fear of harming her.

Tragedy is awesome. ^^

Stream

Inousha
I voted for Puck-Guts.
However, that goes mostly regarding the older volumes, before 'the fellowship of the Gatts' and the Puck becoming more of a comedian/caricature than a three-dimensional character, as I saw it in the beginning.
I loved all those feelings floating between Puck and Gatts and the strange closeness they slowly learned to share through troubles.

( *darn, I'm so used to using Gatts, and not Guts. Hope you don't mind :badbone:)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Stream said:
I voted for Puck-Guts.
However, that goes mostly regarding the older volumes, before 'the fellowship of the Guts' and the Puck becoming more of a comedian/caricature than a three-dimensional character, as I saw it in the beginning.
I loved all those feelings floating between Puck and Guts and the strange closeness they slowly learned to share through troubles.
It's not like their relationship has worsened or anything. In fact it's gotten deeper. Especially after Puck finally learns what Guts has truly been through (see volume 17 and 22). It's just the focus of their relationship broadens. They don't have to bicker anymore; they've become comrades.

And saying Puck isn't a three-dimensional character anymore is going too far. You should probably look at it a little less narrow-mindedly. Check this thread if you still want to join in with the other Puck haters: http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=6245.0

( *darn, I'm so used to using Guts, and not Guts. Hope you don't mind :badbone:)
Well, we do mind, Sutriimu. But thankfully, the forum won't allow you to type it the incorrect way.

Stream

Inousha
Oh, no, no. I know that their relationship is actually closer now, what I meant is that I enjoyed it more before when that development was more transparent or had more focus on it.
I don't hate Puck! I'm just a fan of a more-serious-Puck. ;)

Well, good thing for "Guts". Now I don't have to worry about spelling it wrongly out of the habit :guts:

Oh, and yeah, to add: my second favourites would be Casca-Guts and Schierke-Guts, because I wonder the most how these will develop...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Stream said:
Puck becoming more of a comedian/caricature than a three-dimensional character, as I saw it in the beginning.

Puck has always been a humorous character, from his first appearance to his latest. If you don't realize that then I don't think you know his character very well. Your concern seems more like it's about the fact Puck doesn't get a lot of spotlight in the story's development currently, due to the introduction of new characters.

Stream said:
I'm so used to using Guts, and not Guts.

You'll get used to it. Don't just rely on the automatic correction though, learn the character names and try to write them correctly by yourself, it'll pay off in the end.

BiQ_

" ... "
Being the hopeless romantic (and the closet pervert... OH SHI-) that I am, I chose Casca - Guts.

Also, spell checker doesn't know Casca.

Originally it woulda been Casca and Guts, but around the moonchild incident or so. I'm leaning towards Schierke and Guts. Guts and Casca have just sorta drifted I think, atleast until Elfhelm. Maybe it's just felt like a long time. In the manga it's only been a few weeks, but to us it's been months :p

Billybob

Succumb to the will of the beast
I went with Farnese-Guts. The way Guts' has slowly scaled Farnese's responsibilities and his trust in her shows his nature as a good leader of people, and the way she reacts kind of points out that she is better as a follower and her confidence builds everytime Guts' asks her for a little more.

It's interesting to see where it's gone from the beginning when she was hunting him and he was fighting all by himself, up to now where they trust each other and are working together in the group. Even as far as getting Guts to go after her.

Top Bottom