Any pool players here?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Last night I ended up playing my best friend in the final game of a single elimination tournament. Unfortunatly for me, I tried a bank when I should have double banked and he won by default (he's way better than me anyway, my teacher actually, but last night I should have had the bastard =). Either way, it shouldn't have ended like that. I much rather he just run out the table on me. But, it was still lots of fun, we showed up looking to dominant and we acomplished that.

Anyway, I'm just curious if anybody else out there is a pool junkie?

-Griffith

P.S. My new cue is coming today according to UPS! Here's hoping it's not a dud.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Ahh yes pool, I seem to play better when drinking, maybe cause it calms the nerves?? Who knows, but its fun. Especially over here, have a nice big take out of Taco Rice and Cheese, oh snap! Im hungry now! :(

Griffith

Kakkoii_Guts said:
I happen to enjoy the game of pool. Pool makes a great physics lesson. ;)

I'm more an intuitive player, meaning I suck at physics and just do what feels right. ;D

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Ahh yes pool, I seem to play better when drinking, maybe cause it calms the nerves?? Who knows, but its fun.

Yeah, a lot of misses are just a matter of nerves. Plus, if you're good, and you have that invulnerable drunk feeling, who can beat that!? ;) I've stopped drinking at tournaments and important games though. Despite the bonuses, it also gives you an excuse to lose when you start coming down.

ZODDGUTS said:
I play pool too but I'm horrible at it I always lose. >:(

Same thing for everyone, you have to lose hundreds of time before you can really know how to win.

Sparnage said:
Yeah pool is a lot of fun, although i must admit i get the shits up particularly easy and curse more when i go bad in it though.

I've tried just to keep cool no matter what happens. I still let out a "Shit!" every once in a while though when something REALLY goes wrong.

I just got my new cue the other day, this thing is AMAZING!

-Griffith

Pyotr

It is my destiny to lead
We used to have a pool table at my house and my dad taught me how to play. I used to love it when my dad would come home from work and we would shoot a few rounds. Then they donated it cause it took up too much space. I haven't played since, but I still love the game.

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
I would like to fix up my basement (currently: dirt floor) and put a pool table in. Make it a nice spot to just hang out.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I haven't played serious pool in ages. Sophomore year in college I used to play every night and got pretty good. Never could beat my Dad who bascially could clean the table in one round before I even got a chance to hit the cue.

This thread has given me the desire to go hit the pool hall and practice all night until my fingers are so cramped I can't even move them.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I play awesome pool when I'm drunk. I have no idea why. One day we skipped college and get hammered and played pool for the best part of 6 hours. By the end, I was like Jimmy White on acid 8)

Lauralana

That's Hot
I used to play pool with some friends at school...but i had to stop.

Two things i learned while playing pool with guys:
1) don't wear a skirt
2) don't ask for help

;) :p :-*

SaiyajinNoOuji

Lauralana said:

1) don't wear a skirt
2) don't ask for help

Did they "rise" to the occasion?

Griffith

Miyu said:
I haven't played serious pool in ages. Sophomore year in college I used to play every night and got pretty good. Never could beat my Dad who bascially could clean the table in one round before I even got a chance to hit the cue.

Never trust a pool player over 30. ;)

I was taking my new stick out for it's maiden voyage, I wanted to see how long I could run the local table and keep my new cue's stats strictly in the W column. Depending on who showed up, this could be very easy or near impossible for me. I had only gotten to three when the father of the last guy I beat asks if I'd like to play him. This guy was Mr. Casual middle aged man; white hair, bald on type, circular glasses, shorts, sneakers. Now that I think of it, he looked like a younger, thinner Dick Cheney. Anyway, I could sense my run was in jeopardy, but I was curious what the old guy had up his sleeve. So we begin. He makes a shot, misses one, I go on a six ball run and figure I've got it licked. Wrong. This guy forced me to cough up at least three balls in hand by always setting the cue ball up in a position where no amount of regular spin and banking could reach. And I wasn't about to jump or masse with my new cue. Anyway, like the tortoise and the hair, he won the race slow and steady. We exchanged names and a handshake and he complemented my stroke. Best defensive game I ever saw.

-Griffith

SaiyajinNoOuji

I hear ya, my step-dad would just he bitch man slap me every time we played pool.... I was so discouraged I joined the Marine Corps. ;D (not really)

Lauralana said:

1) don't wear a skirt
2) don't ask for help

There was one fine girl at the place where me and my friends were playing pool. Well my friend Hiep almost got beat up because he was staring at the fine girl who was playing pool with his guy and that guy was buff. Well my idiot friend kept on checking the girl out and the guy ended up noticing my friend was staring at his girl.

He came to the place were we were playing pool and told Hiep why the fuck he keeps checking his girl out. Heh my friend ended up saying he was sorry blah blah blah "my bad". So the guy decided not to beat up my friend eventhough he easily could have knock him out with one punch :eek:. Ha Hiep was so fucking quiet through the day. ;D

Any other words don't check out hot girls who play pool chances are they have a guy who will kick your ass. :D

Of course me and my friends wouldn't let my friend get beat up if they ended up fighting and I did have a switch blade that day and I'm not afraid to use it wouldn't be the first time me using on someone. :eek:

Uyennie

Next stop: Bedlam!
One of the things you learn when you live in a predominantly Asian area is not to look at the women who lug around those thuggish looking man-apes with the modified cars.

One of my friend's brother got his car shot at for winking at some girl on the freeway.

It makes me so proud to know that some men still see their girlfriends as possession....

Incidentally, a few years ago, my bf, at the time, took my cousin, brother's girlfriend, and myself to a Vietnamese restaurant. There were a table of Vietnamese men who kept giving us dirty looks and I heard them say "look at that white guy with 3 of our women"....brings a tear to my eye to know that even though I don't know these men, I'm considered "their woman"....

Lauralana

That's Hot
Uyennie said:
It makes me so proud to know that some men still see their girlfriends as possession....

omg, Uyennie....i could tell u soo many stories about some lame-ass guys that i have dated that were overly possesive.....

M

medievald00d

Uyennie said:
Incidentally, a few years ago, my bf, at the time, took my cousin, brother's girlfriend, and myself to a Vietnamese restaurant. There were a table of Vietnamese men who kept giving us dirty looks and I heard them say "look at that white guy with 3 of our women"....brings a tear to my eye to know that even though I don't know these men, I'm considered "their woman"....

http://www.isteve.com/IsLoveColorblind.htm

i found this site quite interesting...

Also, I happen to be an asian guy who has a thing for white girls. Am I screwed? Yes.

Lauralana said:
wow.... maybe i should take u with me the next time i go to dangerous area ;)

Well I do live near downtown Los Angeles and the school I went to the toughest schools in LA and I don't mean in education. :eek:

I have so many stories like having a gun pointed a me at school being a street race that ended in car crash,fights,drive byes,race fights in school, car chases, shots fired in school ,friends family being shot and killed etc yup let's just say it's best to have some protection in my area a switch blade is a good idea to have.

M

medievald00d

how interesting. i might live just 1 or 2 cities away from you, yet, i have a good/decent education and i've never been through the things you've been through. Interesting the way our lives so different.

Top Bottom