Author Topic: How Rich Is Miura?  (Read 5185 times)

Offline Sparnage

How Rich Is Miura?
« on: February 21, 2004, 11:04:01 AM »
This may sound like a dumb question but i have been arguing with my brother about it, how rich would Miura be?

He probably isnt as mainstream as Love hina seeing its an adult manga, yet with the job as both the artist and writer, along with royalties from young animal, dark horse and the volumes it would be safe to assume he is fairly well off, but does anyone have any accurate facts or figures on how much he is worth?

Offline Smith

Re:How Rich Is Miura?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 01:49:19 PM »
I guess no one can answer that except Miura himself, a stupid question indeed

Yet i got the answer, he will not be richer than bill gate  ;)
It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline Tzur

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 02:25:31 PM »
I guess no one can answer that except Miura himself,
Or Olivier Hague.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 02:26:39 PM by Neo Genesis »

Offline Sparnage

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 02:49:40 PM »
I guess no one can answer that except Miura himself, a stupid question indeed
People can get an idea of how much someone who makes money in the entertainment industry is worth, actors or otherwise its not unheard of. At least its a different question from what is usually asked around here, but that aside i am not interested in peoples opinion of if its a good question or not.

Yet i got the answer, he will not be richer than bill gate  ;)

I figured that much
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 02:59:56 PM by Sparnage »

Offline Lauralana

• Of the Interstice
  • That's Hot
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 03:26:38 AM »
Or Olivier Hague.

how does oliver know so much anyway?
" you have to be the change you want to see in the world"

medievald00d

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 06:02:53 AM »
thats like asking the meaning of life... ;D

beats the hell outta me...but the Hague knows everything Berserk, so his word is generally final...

Offline TheSkyTraveller

• Of the Interstice
  • Monster adventures on the high seas!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 06:57:23 AM »
I have no idea how rich Miura is, but some manga artists are very well off.  It seems like the artists that are really in the money are the ones with multiple ore extremely popular titles.  I remember that artists like Rumiko Takahashi and Akira Toriyama are pretty well off based reports like this:
http://www.animenation.net/news/index.php?id=4904
A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
-Robert Frost-

Offline ZoddGuts

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2004, 08:02:39 AM »
This may sound like a dumb question but i have been arguing with my brother about it, how rich would Miura be?

He probably isnt as mainstream as Love hina seeing its an adult manga, yet with the job as both the artist and writer, along with royalties from young animal, dark horse and the volumes it would be safe to assume he is fairly well off, but does anyone have any accurate facts or figures on how much he is worth?

I say his millionaire. His manga is in the top ten most bought manga in Japan and the manga selling well here in the U.S. selling out it's first printing. Getting some royalties (money) from the anime also which sold really well here in the U.S. and I expect it did well in Japan also thus more $$$. With the new PS2 Berserk game being made I expect it to sell more than two hundred thousand in Japan and probably also do well here in the U.S. because Berserk has gain some popularity in the US.which again = $$$. In other words his one rich mutha fucker.  :D

Offline UrashimaSenpai

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »
Hrm, I'd say he earns somewhere around 80k-120k usd a year at most. Definately not a millionaire. Berserk isn't really a best seller as it is so geared towards a particular interest group.
Member since April 17th, 2002. My 873 posts were lost due to admin abuse.

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
  • I'm still better than you
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2004, 09:21:41 AM »
I wish I could speak the language better, then it would give me an excuse to go on the high school grounds and do some "reporting" and ask all the hot girls if they read berserk and if they would go to a love hotel with me  ;D
"Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!"

Offline ZoddGuts

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2004, 10:05:07 AM »
Hrm, I'd say he earns somewhere around 80k-120k usd a year at most. Definately not a millionaire. Berserk isn't really a best seller as it is so geared towards a particular interest group.

On Newtype magazine they have the top ten most bought DVD and manga. In june Berserk vol 25 was # 10 in most bought manga in Japan.

Offline Sparnage

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 10:16:10 AM »
Berserk was 10 of all manga? are you serious? I had no idea it was that big seeing it was mostly for an adult audience.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 10:17:28 AM by Sparnage »

Offline ZoddGuts

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2004, 10:53:40 AM »
Berserk was 10 of all manga? are you serious? I had no idea it was that big seeing it was mostly for an adult audience.

Yes I'm serious I'm looking at the page where it has the manga top 10 sells. I was quite surprise it was that popular since it's aimed at an adult audience. The issue I'm refering to is Newtype USA November 2003. Heh I thought everybody knew here that Berserk is very popular in Japan.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 10:59:01 AM by ZODDGUTS »

Offline Smith

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2004, 01:53:59 AM »
manga top 10 sells.

Really? Can you give me the list of top10? I am curious to know what are the rest
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 02:42:45 AM by Smith »
It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline ZoddGuts

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2004, 02:45:47 AM »
Really? Can you give me the list of top10? I am curious to know what was the rest

#9 Angel Hear 7
#8 Ah, Megami-sama! 26
#7 Himitsu 2
#6 Peach Girl 16
#5 Bleach 8
#4 Vagabond 17
#3 Hikaru no Go 22
#2 Fruits Basket 12
#1 HUNTER x HUNTER 17

Offline ixupi

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 04:54:17 AM »
#9 Angel Hear 7
#8 Ah, Megami-sama! 26
#7 Himitsu 2
#6 Peach Girl 16
#5 Bleach 8
#4 Vagabond 17
#3 Hikaru no Go 22
#2 Fruits Basket 12
#1 HUNTER x HUNTER 17

Wow....just wow.  THOSE made top ten?  It's very much a surprise to see Berserk there.  Score one for the over seas team?

Offline chugoku sensei

• Of the Interstice
  • Too good!
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2004, 05:16:26 AM »
Miura san probably doesn't make that much compared to other manga-ka. Especially people with the crazy Shonen Jump contracts. Even those guys don't make that much either. It's all about the respect, though.
Gnoh hai zong go si fu, WONG FEI HONG!

Offline Aquedesin

• Of the Interstice
  • See you soon my dear...
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 02:37:37 PM »
beats the hell outta me...but the Hague knows everything Berserk, so his word is generally final...

He doesn't only know lot of things about berserk. To a stroll to gamefaqs.com and you may find that his name appear every now and then...

Thou art nothing against the might of the Bloody McCoy!