Gate watcher?

nir085

Horse and Armor
In the Great Eclipse, while Skull Knight is conversing with Zodd, he mentions Zodd watching the gate. I've read several translations of this one line. In one translation SK says "Skull Knight: You are assigned to be a Gate Watcher, Immortal thing.", another says "You have been commanded by the Gate Keeper.
Undead thing!", and a third one says "I take it you've been assigned as gatewatcher?"
The thing is, I don't know which line is accurate...
If Zodd is indeed a "gatewatcher", then that may mean that some apostles have actual positions, outside of the Godhand monsters. Perhaps this line hints at Zodd being the highest ranked apostle (next to Godhand of course). Also, before SK saw Zodd, Zodd was considered immortal because it was rumored that he had fought/lived for 300 years, but SK acknowledging him as an immortal may really mean that he is immortal. And if the second translation is accurate, was there some special apostle who was gatewatcher? Of course, all of this could just be bad translating, since I doubt there will be another eclipse to discuss the "gatewatcher" position", but if it is an accurate translation,then maybe Zodd has an even bigger role than we imagined.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Re:gatewatcher?

Nosferatu is another way of saying immortal, literaly. :-* That is why some vampires are called that, because they tend to live for ever, but dont start jumping to conclusions that Zodd is a vampire. ;) ;D

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Nosferatu is another way of saying immortal, literaly.

I checked to yahoo dictionary and didn't have the word. So have you seen this in a dictionary or are you just supposing it would literaly mean this because of nosferatu the vampire title combined with the knowledge that vampires are immortal?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

It means it, I have seen it many times, if you remember from the anime when they say Nosferatu Zodd, the translation says Immortal Zodd, with that also, i have asked my girlfriend if Nosferatu means immortal, and she says yes.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"

"Nosferatu" is German, and literally means "not resting" it refers to the undead, as opposed to the living or the dead. There doesn't seem to be an undeath expectancy the way that there is a life expectancy, so nosferatu are immortal creatures-unless you burn them to ashes. ;D

So could it actually be that Zodd's weak point is fire?
I would love to see Isidoro kill Zodd. :p
Then he could shout it and name it for the rest of his life-... reaching happiness ;D

Silicon Creature

Maybe on earth. Maybe in the future.

If Zodd is indeed a "gatewatcher", then that may mean that some apostles have actual positions, outside of the Godhand monsters.

I don't think he was actually the gatewatcher, it looks like Zodd was just waiting for the Skull Knight.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Silicon Creature said:
I don't think he was actually the gatewatcher, it looks like Zodd was just waiting for the Skull Knight.
I agree. Actually in volume26, when Skull Knight and Zoddo meet each other anew, I believe they say the both of them have different reason to fight than before ( have Flora's head/fight for Flora ). I think Zoddo could have thought earlier SK could be the USO, but he now knows it isn't the case. AS for the reason for SK to fight against Zoddo before Flora's event, I'd say he just wanted to interfere with the God Hand and Zoddo was there to make him stop.

Guil

Guil-BANNED! said:
I agree. Actually in volume26, when Skull Knight and Zoddo meet each other anew, I believe they say the both of them have different reason to fight than before ( have Flora's head/fight for Flora ). I think Zoddo could have thought earlier SK could be the USO, but he now knows it isn't the case. AS for the reason for SK to fight against Zoddo before Flora's event, I'd say he just wanted to interfere with the God Hand and Zoddo was there to make him stop.

Guil

Count me in too. Maybe that tornado or whirlwind could also blow away any human trying to enter, like real life whirlwinds. Thus no need for a gatewatcher.
IMHO Zodd was waiting Skully outthere. Zodd is an apostle we allready knew and had to be in the eclipse. But he was different. Miura didn't want him propablly to put him with the others eating humans and so he left him fight with Skully.

Top Bottom