Caska and Guts

I'm reading the manga again and now i'm in vol 8 when Guts is leaving the Band. I'm wondering about Caska's feelings, when did she start "loving" Guts ? When they falled from the cliff ? When she realized he was leaving ? I just want your opinions... I'm not asking when she realize she love him be when she started loving him.. cause i know she realize it in page 6 of the last chapter of vol 8...

If the topic already exist somewhere.. just point it to me please..

I was always wondering if Guts was just there at the right moment for Caska. When they go to rescue Griffith she seems more focused on Griffith. It's like she's torn between two people. It should be interesting to see if she truly loves him when she regains her sanity.

I think her feelings for Guts started to bloom when he was protecting her and slaying 100 men.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
dwarfkicker said:
I think her feelings for Guts started to bloom when he was protecting her and slaying 100 men.

I agree with you. It's also the first time you really see Guts show any concern for Caska when he protects her while she's feverish. That action probably prompted Caska to realize that Guts is actually very caring and she even tells him about her past.

I don't think she realized that she actually loved him until he left the Band of the Hawks, because all those feelings were underneath the surface. But that's my take on it.

I agree totaly with you Miyu, I also think that it is when they fall from the cliff that she start loving him.

When she knows about Guts taking arrows 2 times to protect her i think that this is pretty much the right moment, and after that in the tent when Pippin Rickert and Judeau ask her if she's going to do something about her injuries and she replied that she didn't get injured.. I think that there's something there also.. in Guts mind.

Well I just had to show the picture on the left of Guts and Caskca because I love that picture...Hope you enjoy it too...!

Well if you noticed Caskca changed progressively through the manga...First I believe she never really had any strong feelings against anyone, but she had strong feels for Griff becasue he gave her pride and the way she could repay that was to be his sword...Well then Guts came along and she developed a strong emotion because of him...whether it is hate, envy, other...She just in my mind never really had anyone take care of her even with Griff she had to be strong and be independent...Now with Guts he actually cared enough to get hurt for her.

So yes like the previous posts she started to notice because he protected her...etc...

Well thanks for reading

Ps Love sometimes just strikes the person with out warning>>>

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
I think caska was actully attracted to him long before they fell off the cliff. I still remember the time when she helped him with the arrow wound right after guts assassinated Julius

Uyennie

Next stop: Bedlam!
DemonX said:
I think caska was actully attracted to him long before they fell off the cliff. I still remember the time when she helped him with the arrow wound right after guts assassinated Julius

Interestingly, I just read that part again yesterday. I don't know if this is the moment that Caska realizes her attraction for Guts but this is the moment that we see the softer side of Caska and the "forces" that will eventually draw them together.

Seeing Guts in so much pain (after he kills Adonis and the memories associated with Adonis' and Julius' relationship) - Miura's brilliance in expressing pure sadness on both Guts' face and body language - she reaches out to him. Such a beautiful and subtle scene! Her dream is dying as she watches Griffith with the Princess. Guts realizing that he can never be Griffith's equal; yet another male figure in his life that will not accept him. Coupled with earlier memories of Gambino, who was a father figure but never saw Guts as a son.

Oh man, now I'm sad!! :'(

Top Bottom