Important announcement from Toycom

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
I recently spoke with Explosion toys owners and asked why they no longer had the certain select Berserk statues on their online catalog.

They told me that Toycom may not be importing the Berserk AOW statue line any longer. No particular reason, but this sort of sucks if you want to get it here in the US and not have to pay for shipping and commissions over there in Japan.

So now it looks like our sources will be in Japan and ebay. For now anyways.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Thanks for the info, LC. I was wondering why the Previews catalog I used to order the statues from didn't have any of the newer ones listed. Now I know! Sucks, though...

conan

Until next time...
Part of the reason was the cost/benefit ratio.

Toycom wasn't making as much as they thought they would. Plus there has been a lot of reconstruction in their international department.

Toycom is focusing on War Craft, Star Craft and a few other properties.

YEAH...this SUCKS BIG TIME!!!

I was (and still am) a HUGE advocate for the Art of War figures here in the US. I met with Toycom's sales and PR folks back in 2002 and have done numerous reviews of their Berserk figure line for www.Figures.com, for which I am a reporter. This is a big disappointment since I really thought Berserk would take off better than it has.

SexyCharlotte

The statues are expensive...and far more popular in Japan, where people collect every variation they can get their hands on LOL. I was disappointed by the Toycom news but since I get most everything from Japan to begin with...Toycom just took far too long for their US releases of Berserk items.

incognitoX

you fail me
So Toycom are no longer releasing the statues and figures or just the statues?

Either way, this is a big disappointment.

SexyCharlotte

incognitoX said:
So Toycom are no longer releasing the statues and figures or just the statues?

Either way, this is a big disappointment.

The statues. When I went to explosion toys I noticed that the statues were no longer available there. The action figures still are. I don't think having the statues around was very profitable for toycom.

Top Bottom