why didnt Charlotte get pregnant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nir085 said:
This is a little bit offtopic but this last comment brings a question to mind (and I apologize if the answer was already given). When Godhand members become "human"...what do they actually become? Are they able to switch back into their Godhand form at will? An apostle form at will? Or do we not know the answer to this yet?

I think that Femto is the "apostle" form of Griffith, and the Reborn Griffith is like other apostles in their normal form... so if i'm right Griffith will be able to transform at will onto his apostle form, but since he's a God Hand, it's might not be called "apostle form" but "God Hand form" ?
I'm just speculating.. but for the things we know it's plausible...

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Uriel said:
Hate to lower the tone, but we don't exactly know which passage Griffith was raiding :-X

*Flips through Vol. 9* Definitely at least vaginal. Some of those possitions don't warrant entry into the other orifice.

Talking to a friend who's trying to have a kid, she says timing is everything and sometimes it's very hard to get pregnant without going at it for a whole month. Sounds like more fun for her.

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
DoM said:
About Caska and Guts, 1 time was enough right?

It has a lot to do with luck. I know couples who have trying to have a baby for years but can't, and others who keep having kids when they don't want them. Like Miyu said, timing has a lot to do with it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
waqas said:
It has a lot to do with luck. I know couples who have trying to have a baby for years but can't, and others who keep having kids when they don't want them. Like Miyu said, timing has a lot to do with it.
Luck? No. Timing? Yes; Causality.

M

medievald00d

just went through this in biology

menstruation cycle, 4 phases

1. Menstruation-shedding of the endometrium, beginning of the menstrual cycle...(a girls period in layman's terms
2. Pre-ovulatory phase- endometrium builds up, ovarian follicle matures
3. ovulation- ovarian follicle ruptures, releasing an unfertilized egg into the fallopian tube. This is the only time a woman can get pregnant. If the egg is not fertilized within a day or two, the egg disintigrates. This phase only lasts a few days
4. Post ovulatory phase- ovarian follicle becomes corpus luteum, which produces progesterone, that maintains the endometrium. If the fertilized egg does not imbed into the endometrium, the endometrium is shed, and the cycle starts over.

Thus, a woman can only get pregnant a few days of the month.

Lauralana

That's Hot
pheonixfenix said:

Ya, that is true and all. But the female cycle is different for each individual woman. What you learned in class is the way menstration is supposed to work...not the way it always works. Believe me...mine has been terribly off all my life; and it's fine now only b/c my parents put me on medication. So i really wouldn't use the menstration cycle to explain how people do/don't get pregnant.

Whether or not a pregnancy occurs is dependent on soo many factors that are unique to that certain couple. If this wasn't true, there would be no need for fertility doctors (i think that is what they are called) and the like.

So basically timing, body chemistry, genetics, fertility, etc. and of course, Casuality ;D all play a significant role when it comes to making babies.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Lauralana said:
Ya, that is true and all. But the female cycle is different for each individual woman. What you learned in class is the way menstration is supposed to work...not the way it always works.

Only on Skullknight.net ladies and gentlemen 8)

pheonixfenix said:

menstruation cycle, 4 phases

1. Menstruation-shedding of the endometrium, beginning of the menstrual cycle...(a girls period in layman's terms
2. Pre-ovulatory phase- endometrium builds up, ovarian follicle matures
3. ovulation- ovarian follicle ruptures, releasing an unfertilized egg into the fallopian tube. This is the only time a woman can get pregnant. If the egg is not fertilized within a day or two, the egg disintigrates. This phase only lasts a few days
4. Post ovulatory phase- ovarian follicle becomes corpus luteum, which produces progesterone, that maintains the endometrium. If the fertilized egg does not imbed into the endometrium, the endometrium is shed, and the cycle starts over.

Actually, a woman may always get pregnant. And the semen can survive some days in the vagina.

Miyu

xechnao said:
Actually, a woman may always get pregnant. And the semen can survive some days in the vagina.

I think semen can only survive for only 24 hours before a woman's natural immune systems kills it. Also, even if the semen were to survive, if there is no egg discharged from the ovaries, there is nothing for the semen to do but sit around until they die.

Women don't always get pregnant and each woman's body is different. There are some who you could claim always get pregnant because their bodies spit out eggs constantly, but there are also those women who only ovulate once a month.

So when did the board turn into a sex ed class?

nir085

Horse and Armor
I think the real question should be why people are seriously discussing real life fertility considering that Miura is a manga artist, not a gynecologist.

Miyu said:
I think semen can only survive for only 24 hours before a woman's natural immune systems kills it. Also, even if the semen were to survive, if there is no egg discharged from the ovaries, there is nothing for the semen to do but sit around until they die.

Three days. Current knowledge gives it three days. Sometimes it could survive more time.

Miyu said:
Women don't always get pregnant and each woman's body is different. There are some who you could claim always get pregnant because their bodies spit out eggs constantly, but there are also those women who only ovulate once a month.

I never said they do. I said they "may" and this due to irregulations mostly. This "may" suggests a constant chance that we can not eliminate by calculation, not because they say that their bodies split out eggs constantly.

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
who would have thought menstration would deserve its own topic ;D

It feels like that man to man talk sons get...
"Son.. its time to talk about the birds and the bees... you see when a man and woman..."
AHHHHHHH

^_^

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
The_Fetus_Ninja said:
It feels like that man to man talk sons get...
"Son.. its time to talk about the birds and the bees... you see when a man and woman..."
AHHHHHHH

^_^

When a man and a woman what? ???

Please elaborate...

Miyu

xechnao said:
Three days. Current knowledge gives it three days. Sometimes it could survive more time.

I got my wires crossed last night. It's the egg that only survives up to 24 hours. Swimmers do last longer.

I never said they do. I said they "may" and this due to irregulations mostly. This "may" suggests a constant chance that we can not eliminate by calculation, not because they say that their bodies split out eggs constantly.

Then eliminate the "always" in your sentence. The "always" suggests that there is a constant chance of pregnancy.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Nosferatuu said:
i dont think they have abortion methods.

You don't get pregnant just by having sex alone. If that lil egg isn't ready to be fertilized at the right time of the month, then it isn't going to happen.

Miyu said:
Then eliminate the "always" in your sentence. The "always" suggests that there is a constant chance of pregnancy.

My sentence was fair:
Women may always get pregnant.
Means you can't exclude the possibility or chance for any day. At least medically speaking.
"Women may get pregnant" wouldn't be much of informative to say.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
It might be interesting but we know what it would show. How much people disagree about things pertaining to sex. Which is way too much (take a look at this thread.) How is anyone supposed to know the facts when so many disagree. In addition, the subject matter does not lend itself to open public (face to crowd) discussion correctly.

It would be nice if there was something like a pamphlet for the unenlightened. We could title it THE TRUTH ABOUT SEX and give it out for free. and when i say the truth i mean the real truth. Not abstinece propaganda. A real write up with no bias opinion just the facts.

Edit: Also, it should be translated into every language possible.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Gatts got Caska pregnat the first time because he could be the poster boy for Testosterone. Griffith not getting Charlotte pregnat comes without a surprise, unlike Gatts, Griffith doesnt looks to me like the poster boy for testosterone, more like the posterboy for what Michael Jackson was aiming when he started getting under the knife to change his apperance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom