Comparing Berserk to other great works of fiction

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
I would rather think that griffith (well at least the old, good, griffith) is kinda like tidus in FFX. Carefree, but dead set on the goal, and alot of things he did mimic tidus, like when griffith teachs charlette (sorry if i dont spell right) how to whistle with the leave and tidus teachs yuna how to whistle.

Judo

Midlands finest
nir085 said:
Guts reminds me of Shinomori Aoshi from Rurouni Kenshin.
Caska is like a mix between Chi Chi and Number 18 from Dragonball Z.
Zodd is like Majin Buu from Dragonball Z
The Great Eclipse is like the Oniwa Banshuu massacre in Rurouni Kenshin.
thank god that there are different points of view!!!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
nir085 said:
The Beast of Darkness is like the alien symbiote from Spiderman that infected Eddie Brocker and later Spiderman himself

If anything the Beast reminds me of the Red Dragon. You know from the movies Man Hunter/Red Dragon.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
If anything the Beast reminds me of the Red Dragon. You know from the movies Man Hunter/Red Dragon.
Come on now, Bob. That's just not a fair comparison. The only "great works of fiction" that Berserk can be compared to are lesser works of utter shit. The first post clearly outlines this with a plethora of the "great works" of our (Japan's) time.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
Come on now, Bob. That's just not a fair comparison. The only "great works of fiction" that Berserk can be compared to are lesser works of utter shit. The first post clearly outlines this with a plethora of the "great works" of our (Japan's) time.

Oh shit! I've the realized the errors of my ways. I'm gonna jump out of my window! :eek:

nir085

Horse and Armor
Walter said:
Well my intent was not to just compare Berserk to those series/movies. That's just the way I see it. I didn't expect very many people to agree with me. All I expected was for people to compare Berserk events/characters to events/characters of fiction that they do consider to be great. But I am kind of surprised that you think shit of all of those things. Stuff like dbz I can understand, but Ninja Scroll and Kenshin...oh well, to each their own. lol, sorry that you don't like the thread though

Judo

Midlands finest
it's not that the basical idea of this thread is crap... in my case it's just the stuff that you compared with Berserk. I love the NinjaScroll-Movie(though I don't see Slain and Benisato have much in common)! Kenshin is rather nice but I don't think that you can really compare characters from such different stories. We don't have to talk about DBZ, do we?

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Oh shit! I've the realized the errors of my ways. I'm gonna jump out of my window! :eek:

No Bob! Don't become another statistic!

But Shakespeare. Anything could go with Shakespeare. Like Puck could be see as the Puck in "A Mid Summer's Night Dream," but much funnier. Casca's like your Violia from "Twelfth Night," how she poses as a male. Except I don't think Casca has a noble woman hit on her, but we never know what Princess Charlotte is thinking.

Guts is like the Hamlet or Edgar (from "King Lear") figure who's the struggling hero striving to find his place. Except Guts doesn't have a mother and he doesn't spend several episodes of the manga completely naked.

Griffith is like Iago from "Othello" who seems good but is actually not so good. And Midland's King would be King Lear hands down.

Yay for archetypes! But yeah, I'm drunk right now so take this post and all its contents with a grain of salt.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
Bersrk is like no other. It is simply the best. Guts is like no other person, he is himself like everyone of this world

DemonX said:
I would rather think that griffith (well at least the old, good, griffith) is kinda like tidus in FFX. Carefree, but dead set on the goal, and alot of things he did mimic tidus, like when griffith teachs charlette (sorry if i dont spell right) how to whistle with the leave and tidus teachs yuna how to whistle.

You compare Griffith to that whiny bitch ass tidus you make me sick. >:(

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
nir085 said:
Griffith is like Xar from Death Gate Cycle
-once a noble leader of his people, but eventually an evil man who led more monsters than people loyal to him

Hmm, I personally dunno if that's a good comparisation. Xar was, or so I feel, more misguided than evil. Griffith is more "aware" of the evil he's doing and is also only chasing his own dream, while Xar wanted to save his people, but he couldn't until before the very end, realize who the true enemies were...

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
Guts is very similar to Wolverine (from X-Men for those that live under rocks :) ). He's loyal to the end, crushes all in his path, is seemingly always distant from others emotionally, (at least unable to fully accept thier friends as friends and realize what they have) and goes berserk in battle. Thier personalities are very similar too, both have harsh exteriors that allow for little more than a few words to be exchanged when talking to most people, however, only certain individuals are ever able to be close to them.

Membrax

Some beast eating its heart in the desert
Guts is like Super Mario cause he's a man.
Caska is like Yoshi cause she doesn't have long hair.
Griffith is like Link cause of his ears.
OMG Miura is a Nintendo fanboy :eek:

come on

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Membrax said:

come on
HAHAHA I like you man, your crazy... But I like you man! ;D

Lauralana

That's Hot
Membrax said:

come on

LOL ;D

I feel the same way about this topic :p

E

ELEKTROFUNK

griffith is the typical maquiavelic prince.

gatts is like Hercules/Odisseus that fights against the odds and is able to forge his destiny.

caska shows the weakness in women no matter how stronger they are "hamlet- is women another word for weakness"

puck gives a funny tone to the story just like in a midnight summers dream from shakespear

Zodd - Virtous Villian (maybe like Ashram in record of loddos war)

Void (mars attacks alien like someone implied before hehe)

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
For me berserk could b a combination of the book "Utopia" in the realistic aspects of how we could look on things when emotions are deeply envolved, and deffenetly the Book "Imperio" by: Armando De Lanoy... in terms of how far men and woman can go when love turns to hatred...But so far, Berserk has been the only story wich really brings emotions in my mind.

I know, I know, corny but true...

E

ELEKTROFUNK

nomad said:
For me berserk could b a combination of the book "Utopia" in the realistic aspects of how we could look on things when emotions are deeply envolved, and deffenetly the Book "Imperio" by: Armando De Lanoy... in terms of how far men and woman can go when love turns to hatred...But so far, Berserk has been the only story wich really brings emotions in my mind.

I know, I know, corny but true...

awwwww

Top Bottom