Author Topic: Episode 236  (Read 43710 times)

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
Re:Episode 236
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2004, 02:17:29 PM »

The thing that makes me seriouslly think about this is also his horse.
JESUS MAN!

You assume that Skullknight was human. Are we absolutelly sure about it?
"I'd like to think that you've retained a bit of your humanity still..." - Flora, Episode 203.

Puck was percieving the dwarf curse-magic (of Skully's armour)
Can't we just label that as common knowledge at this point?  I think Miura has established it pretty well.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2004, 02:55:40 PM »
Oh, yes, I had forgotten about that quote. So it seems that Skully has had in his origins a human part.
Anyway, what's that fuss about what I said considering his horse?
It could very well be a spirit with no real world origins, maybe something of the same nature of Puck's and of dwarves'. Or maybe it once was a real horse. We don't know that or do we?
And, heh, don't snob this one, I find it a fascinating particular of the manga.
And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.
Pay attention people. Watch your back!

Online Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2004, 06:01:54 PM »
My point about Gaiseric being human or not was just to point out how useless arguing Skully being human or not is. There's no point to it at all, it just seemed like a random, "Do we know FOR SURE!!!???"

-Griffith

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2004, 06:44:50 PM »
My point about Gaiseric being human or not was just to point out how useless arguing Skully being human or not is. There's no point to it at all, it just seemed like a random, "Do we know FOR SURE!!!???"

-Griffith

Yeah, we settled that with Walter's saying on some Flora's quotation.
Just above.
And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.

Online Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2004, 07:17:14 PM »
Yeah, we settled that with Walter's saying on some Flora's quotation.
Just above.

I mentioned it as well, then you went off on the thing about Skully and his magical horse creature. =)

-Griffith

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2004, 09:40:32 PM »
I mentioned it as well, then you went off on the thing about Skully and his magical horse creature. =)

-Griffith

Yeah, sorry about that, but you hadn't been  clear enough for my "perfectionist" curiosity.

Anyway, what about the thing I mentioned about his horse? It could be some spirit like Puck or the unicorns for example, no? In the mythology there is the nightmare beast which I think it strongly resembles it. Or do you think it once was a normal real world horse?

Offline miurafan

« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2004, 12:38:57 PM »
A little late, but I wanted to say thanks for the scans. My copy of YA arrives some 7 to 10 days after the scans are posted, but I appreciate getting an early look at them.  :)

I really enjoyed this chapter. For some reason, my favorite panel was the one with Guts wearing that mulish look on his face (in the part where Isidro is commenting on his hair.) It's been a while since I've seen that look. Nice to see Casca enjoying herself, too. I do want her to come back to her old self, but I think I'll feel badly when she loses that safety of her craziness and remembers what happened.

Beave

« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2004, 01:41:38 PM »
It's true, you know, .... how safe the craziness is for her.  Being half lost in your own mind, and probably half hiding.  Yeah, it'll be a sad day for her when she remembers.

Offline nir085

« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2004, 02:20:31 AM »
Casca will be deposited in Elfhelm, along with Farnese...hopefully.

Offline Nomad

• Of the Vortex
  • "Bring the light of day"
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2004, 05:19:55 AM »
I wonder if we haved seen all the capabilities of Guts new armor or not... ( I probably missed some info on the manga ::)...

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
  • This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2004, 07:41:21 AM »
Sometimes these threads are a ball. It fills the entertainment gap until the scans and translations have arrived ;D