Episode 236

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
Great Chapter...and Guts looks cool...but I didnt get everything...short of time...
Quetion: with this chapter ends Book 27???...or not???

lordofmasks

Bakou

I RIDE a llama!
SaiyaJin - I read the rules thread, but can't figure out what I did wrong... but in any case I'm very grateful and should be thanking you for your previous scans, I was just trying to help out.

Oh and roberto999, what did you use to translate that japanese YA summary page? it seems pretty accurate.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Bakou said:
SaiyaJin - I read the rules thread, but can't figure out what I did wrong... but in any case I'm very grateful and should be thanking you for your previous scans, I was just trying to help out.

I think it might be because he usually posts the link to scans in the first post of the chapter thread, I assume so people won't have to sift through the pages to find the link. Minor infraction I guess, we've got scans!

Oh and roberto999, what did you use to translate that japanese YA summary page? it seems pretty accurate.

Don't know myself, but love the phrase "spareribs of the beach." Thanks Roberto! ;D Thanks to Bakou for the scans also.

roberto999 said:
The thing around Caska neck could be indeed the protective talisman promised by Flora . Remember she was working on two of them for Guts and Caska? Point is I don't remember her giving it to them. Maybe Schierke did found them somewhere out of the panels ?

The shape of this talisman is the repetition of the brand in a 3D shape, like the symbol used by the religion that Mozgus + Farneeze follow and the bottom of Idea.

This is the thread that this is talked about (the new one with the link the the old one at the begining)
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=2810

Thanks for the scans !

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
It's all good Bakuo! ;D Like Kimchan said, I just want people to IM me their scan links so I can post them on the first post of the thread. That way people arnt asking where the scans are. But all is good if you know that now and plan on doing this again. :-*

There was some confusion i have on page 9... Since the armor had been forcefully pull off with all the blood gushing out... Why does he still wear that armor in the first few page? And the spikes? Does it disappear after Scherike pull off the armor, otherwise why Guts is still wearing it?

Woah. The new armour looks awesome. It was nice to see a quite chapter after all the crazy stuff with Griffith and the Neo Hawks. One question, does it mention the fate of Grunbeld in the flashback panel?

Smith, page 9 is Sheirke(sp?) remembering what happened when they first took Guts out of the armour. From the later pages it seems Guts can take the armour off as he would normal armour.

Thanks for the scans!

K, after reading the translation i have finally understood what had actually happen... and the armor he is wearing

dwarfkicker said:
The arc will probably end when Griffith becomes king.

Yup very possible... it may seem that perhap the next arc might be the ending of berserk... Of coz i hope i am wrong :)

P.S How are they going to get to Elfhelm...? there doesnt seem to be any ship or port around...

Renegade said:
Miura never ceases to amaze me. I wonder what he has planned next... and will this arc ever end?
The second chapter of this part just started, so why would you expect this part to end any time soon?

dwarfkicker said:
The arc will probably end when Griffith becomes king.
Well, logically, we should see Falconia before the end of this chapter...

Smith said:
How are they going to get to Elfhelm...? there doesnt seem to be any ship or port around...
That's why they're going to Vritannis...

So Guts has decided to take the armor of his arms.

I think it looks better then being covered in the same armor all the way up to his neck, and is probably more convenient for the sake of his arm cannon, but i hope that doesnt mean his arms will be weaker compared to the rest of his body because of it, probably not.

What happen to those area not covered by the armor... Does it mean that uncovered area can feel pain while the covered area is free from it?

Or the armor must be complete (by mean covering every part of its body, including head and arms) then only will the odo flow out and prevent him from feeling any pain? If that was the case then it mean the berserker's armor he is wearing for the first few pages is basically no different from any armor (except being more tougher and durable)

I would find it hard to believe that Miura have it so he could no longer feel any pain when in battle, after all Guts determination when dealing with physical and mental pain while continuing to fight on is an important part of his character.

If that is the case then surely he would still be getting benefits from the magic of the armor.

M

medievald00d

er...i dont know all the berserk terminology...but...
1. What is Falconia?
2. What is Vittranins?

and where did you get the names for them?

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
pheonixfenix said:
er...i dont know all the berserk terminology...but...
1. What is Falconia?

No idea.

2. What is Vittranins?

That's the port city Guts' group is trying to get to so they can go on to Elfhelm/Skellig/whichever. I've also seen it called Britannis.

and where did you get the names for them?

I assume from the manga itself, they've been mentioned from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom