Episode 236

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Judging from Saiki's translation, the armor in it's current form is helping Guts with the pain while they travel, but he's still feeling it. Vritannis is the port city as others have pointed out, it's been mentioned here and there since volume 23. And I assume "Falconia" is just another way to translate "Hawk City", the name of the current arc-chapter.

-Griffith

dwarfkicker said:
I think Guts looks cooler with the whole armor on (excluding the helmet).

Yes for sure.. but there was speculation saying that he wouldn't be able to remove it because the armor was supporting his broken body. He look cooler but if he couldn't remove it.. this would have been a step closer to Skull Knight's status.

Griffith said:
And I assume "Falconia" is just another way to translate "Hawk City", the name of the current arc-chapter.

-Griffith
yeah, i just checked the scans. "Falconia" is written above Hawk City or whatever. for a minute there i thought the Hague and Saiki pulled it out of their collective ass.

Griffith

ranemaka13 said:
for a minute there i thought the Hague and Saiki pulled it out of their collective ass.

You mean their wacky, off the cuff predictions they flood the board with? They just always happen to be right! :)

Okay, I hope Skully's in the next chapter since Miura teased already. There's no reason to show Skully following them (except for that badass image), and implying that Guts can even sense it, if he's just going to randomly drop in ten chapters from now. Of course, it is a good way to get people looking forward to the next issue. ;D

-Griffith

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
I also hope Skully is in the next chapter.... ;D
And I find Guts cooler with the whole Armor...but I still dont get why he pulled of the arms of the Armor.... ???

lordofmasks

That shot of SK at the end there also marks for a good end to a volume.

I just hope Guts starts armoring up his arms again. He looks bad ass in that new armor (not to sure about the helmet though).

Guts also needs to hit the gym or something. He's in bad shape. Must've been from all the blood he's lost (i know, way to state the obvious).

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
LordofMasks said:
What has Caska arround her Neck...??? ???

lordofmasks

Like dwarfkicker said, it seems to be something that helps keep away the spirits that normally follow Guts and Casca. Guts mentions it along with the charm Flora put into the armor.

By the way Griffith, love the new avatar. ;D

Shurikn said:
Yes for sure.. but there was speculation saying that he wouldn't be able to remove it because the armor was supporting his broken body. He look cooler but if he couldn't remove it.. this would have been a step closer to Skull Knight's status.

It was truly a miracle that he can survive and recover after removing the armor... I wonder how he can even walk with all the broken bones

Perhap that armor did have the painkiller effect, thus he was wearing it while traveling

BigFire

King King King Gainer
Smith said:
Perhap that armor did have the painkiller effect, thus he was wearing it while traveling

IMHO, a big reason reason he's got to wear the armor while traveling is the brand-concealing-sigil that Flora spend days carving and making is inside the armor itself (positioning right above Guts' brand). So unless Guts & Company wants to attract any more evil than one would normally find, he's got to wear the armor most of the time.

BigFire said:
IMHO, a big reason reason he's got to wear the armor while traveling is the brand-concealing-sigil that Flora spend days carving and making is inside the armor itself (positioning right above Guts' brand). So unless Guts & Company wants to attract any more evil than one would normally find, he's got to wear the armor most of the time.

Good point... But he took it out at the hut, does it attract any evil?

Griffith

It obviously doesn't matter that the charm is near the brand or not; Casca's is around her neck.

-Griffith

B

Beave

Griffith said:
You mean their wacky, off the cuff predictions they flood the board with? They just always happen to be right! :)

-Griffith

;D Damn, you're not going to let that one rest, huh? ::chuckle:: Fair 'nuff.

You know, re: Guts seeming to know that SK was there, I thought that odd-- I mean, his brand has never bled or anything before, .... so why would he seem to just "know" that SK was there? Something with the armor? Or does SK sort of determine if others get to feel his prescence or not?

Oh, and I also had a feeling that, in time, I could see some issues with Farneze learning magic too-- as someone said in the chap, her eyes are scary. Right now, the group is all honky-dory, but that only lasts so long, before things start to build up..... where will the fissure occur (Say.... Serpico seeming a bit bothered by suddenly being put in a sort of second place spot by Farneze, in comparison to Schierke....). Will Guts feel the need to leave the group again too? I often wonder where they're going, as a collective unit. How they will break apart, how they will stay together....

Griffith

kimchan said:
By the way Griffith, love the new avatar. ;D
Lauralana said:
completly off topic...but i have to say that i love ur new avatar Griffith ;D

Thanks, I saw that fancy pants avatar of Griffith from the Berserk card game and thought it was cool, but I wanted to keep the trademark sassy look of the one I had. So I decided it would be cool (and even sassier!!!), to photoshop the face of my Griff avatar over the prissy puss face of the other; creating the ultimate, underground, unofficial, radical, pirate, rebel Griff avatar! Hahahahaha! Neat story, huh? ;D

Doppelganger said:
;D Damn, you're not going to let that one rest, huh? ::chuckle:: Fair 'nuff.

Nah. =)

Doppelganger said:
You know, re: Guts seeming to know that SK was there, I thought that odd-- I mean, his brand has never bled or anything before, .... so why would he seem to just "know" that SK was there? Something with the armor? Or does SK sort of determine if others get to feel his prescence or not?

Guts sensed Skull Knight's presence the first time they met, and that was before the brand. Plus, Flora caused Guts' brand to react as well, so that sets some precedent for this.

Doppelganger said:
Oh, and I also had a feeling that, in time, I could see some issues with Farneze learning magic too-- as someone said in the chap, her eyes are scary. Right now, the group is all honky-dory, but that only lasts so long, before things start to build up..... where will the fissure occur (Say.... Serpico seeming a bit bothered by suddenly being put in a sort of second place spot by Farneze, in comparison to Schierke....). Will Guts feel the need to leave the group again too? I often wonder where they're going, as a collective unit. How they will break apart, how they will stay together....

Well, someone is going to use that Behelit. ;)

-Griffith

Griffith said:
It obviously doesn't matter that the charm is near the brand or not; Casca's is around her neck.

-Griffith

Ok... I think i get it, so as long as Guts stay near the armor (which has the talisman on it), he is virtually safe from all spirits, which also mean he does not need to wear the armor to be protected from those stuff...

wilson

I'm a llama!
Shurikn said:

The skinny Guts reminds me how Skull knight turns into what he is right now. hopefully there will be some explainations on how's that happen in the future chapter.

Ryan

Whale-man, we hardly knew you.
Well, if Guts is anything like a normal human he's skinnier because he lost most of his fat reserves. An athlete can burn more than a thousand calories in an hour of physical activity, and they're not flying through the air wielding a 50 pound chunk of steel. If he fights that way again he'll be using his lean mass for energy and will definitely weaken long-term, as that's what took him years to build up in his Black Swordsman days.

I think the next time we see Guts fight it'll be a pathetic sight to behold. He's either going to win no problem and have his old wounds open up again. Or, he's gonna be struggling to be the opponent much like when he fought Grunbeld in his human form. Guts is probably going to be on the road to recovery for at least a volume or two. But that doesn't mean we won't get to see him fight. I just hope when he goes into battle he armors up his arms again. He looks much cooler that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom