The Gods and the hand..

Do you people think that the importance of each God Hand members might be related to their position on the big hand that we see in the festival ? For exemple, Void is on the thumb..

nir085

Horse and Armor
ROFL, I seriously doubt that.
Unless the arrangement was Ubik/Conrad on the index fingers, Femto on the middle fingers, and Slann on the pinky. But even that wouldn't make sense becausethere really is no inferiroity or superiority among the Godhand members, unless you consider Void to be the leader. Besides, I would think that Femto is as important to Godhand if not more important than Void.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Femto= middle finger because hes good at fucking. I mean, he pimped caska and charolette. And before he got his human form, he probably had those hot, kinky, fetish nights with slann too! :eek:

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
DemonX said:
Femto= middle finger because hes good at fucking. I mean, he pimped caska and charolette. And before he got his human form, he probably had those hot, kinky, fetish nights with slann too! :eek:

....... (if there was a smilie with its face in in its hands, I'd be using it)

Anyway, I'm not sure there's much of a pecking order among the Godhand. At most, Void seems to be leader, but after that it gets shadowy. I like to think they're on pretty equal footing, they've all got their talents. ;D

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I thought about this topic myself a few months back. These were my conclusions. Feel free to critique.
Void= ring finger. 'Cause he's the ringleader!
Slann= index finger. Strokin'!
Femto= middle finger. SO GODHAND CAN FLIP YOU THE BIRD!
Conrad and Ubik are the thumb and pinky, respectively; more due to shape than any logical reason.

beh.

Herald of Yama said:
I thought about this topic myself a few months back. These were my conclusions. Feel free to critique.
Void= ring finger. 'Cause he's the ringleader!
Slann= index finger. Strokin'!
Femto= middle finger. SO GODHAND CAN FLIP YOU THE BIRD!
Conrad and Ubik are the thumb and pinky, respectively; more due to shape than any logical reason.

Interesting.. but i'm talking about the place they already have in the festival that make Griffith turning into Femto (vol 13 chapter 6.. almost every pages)... we clearly see that Void is on the thumb, Slann in the middle one, Ubik on the ring finger and Conrad on the pinky, the index is vacant and it's probably for Femto ;)

nir085

Horse and Armor
The conqueror, the newly appointed Godhand member, the fifth and blessed king would not be on the index finger.

If you think there is significance in where the Godhand members are on the hand, then you might as well speculate about the significance of their color or how big they are.

nir085 said:
The conqueror, the newly appointed Godhand member, the fifth and blessed king would not be on the index finger.
Sometimes the index is the most usefull..

If you think there is significance in where the Godhand members are on the hand, then you might as well speculate about the significance of their color or how big they are.
Why i'll have to speculate about their color and how big they are ?? There's no link between all of this in my opinion.. the way they are and the importance they might have has no link... it's not because i'm white and tall that i'm more important and powerfull than my friend who's little and black you know.. Or maybe i should analyse that Slann is a female so she's less or more powerfull/important than the others ? I don't think so.
If you look more carefully each God Hand members they look like their "cloths" have the same texture, look at the black they wear.. it's like rubber or something like that. So they all have something physical in common.

Their position on the hand is random, in the order of their power or in the order of importance/grade, but defenetly not in the order they came.. Femto wouldn't be in the index.
I think you should not stop at the physical they have and the order they came, look further.

Shurikn said:
Do you people think that the importance of each God Hand members might be related to their position on the big hand that we see in the festival ? For exemple, Void is on the thumb..

They played musical fingers.

But seriously...I doubt it represents anything. The hand isn't really complete without all five fingers and the God's are Idea's "enforcing hand" I guess.

nir085

Horse and Armor
Olivier Hague said:
Where does that comes from? ^^;
The behelit that Griffith was given is called "the egg of the king" in addition to "the egg of the conqueror", unless this came from a bad translation or some blunder in the anime, which is possible.

But yeah, I was given that impression somewhere down the line and if Griffith's Godhand position is that of a conqueror, then I would think that he would be the real leader instead of Void, since all Void does (to my knowledge) is brand people and float in Sephira.

nir085 said:
I would think that he would be the real leader instead of Void, since all Void does (to my knowledge) is brand people and float in Sephira.

Then Ubik and Conrad are really useless if you stop your jugment there.. and Slann might be just a Sl**. Like I already said, to make a clear judgment you need to look further than what you see... wee don't see them all the time, we saw them only in the eclipse and with the slug count except for Slann.. each time that we see them(except for Slann) there's a sacrifice or they intend to make one.. so for sure Void is seen as the guy than brand people..

DoM

I'm a llama!
They have the same positions on the hand at the end of Volume 20 too.
I also think that there may be a meaning behind this.
Maybe :
Void on the thumb, as the leader of the hand.
Femto on the index, as the guide of the god hand.
Slann on the middle-finger, as the whore of the god hand.
As for Ubik and COnrad I didn't see anything but i'll think about it ^^

CnC

Ad Oculos
DoM said:
Thanks ^^;, and yep i thought so too ~

You have to admit, was it worth bringing this topic back from the dead just to provide an incomplete thought?
What little you provided is baseless, anyway. I can be pointless, too

Void is on the thumb because he's opposable. Get it? He and SK are mortal enemies. I know that because I know.
Femto is on the index finger because he's Griffith. He's very smart. An index of knowledge, if you will.
Slann is a dirty, dirty whore! ...what was the thread title again? oh, right.
Ubik is on the ring finger, because he, in actuality, is the ring leader. There? see? solved.
Conrad is the pinky cause he was the piggy that went "wee wee wee wee" all the way home.

There, see? pointless. We're all the better for it now. You dont' have to thank me for sharing. My post count being 1 higher all the reward I need...

DoM

I'm a llama!
Well, i was interested in this subject. I read this thread, and thought i might add an information : "the god hand also had the same positions in the episode of griffith's "rebirth" in vol 20" that Shurikn seem to have missed. Then i shared my opinion that since it was drawn the same twice, it might have a meaning.
Then my analogies (i'm not sure about this word in english) were indeed baseless ^^;

Are you looking through every topic to find someone you might turn down in order to make yourself look smart? Just a guess.. since i've seen this in many topics and it seems you are not the only one with that hobby here :p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DoM said:
I read this thread, and thought i might add an information : "the god hand also had the same positions in the episode of griffith's "rebirth" in vol 20" that Shurikn seem to have missed. Then i shared my opinion that since it was drawn the same twice, it might have a meaning.

Their position on the hand is obviously not random, and I think it's to be expected for it to remain constant through the series (i.e. no surprise). Now while it's a nice thing to point that detail out to others, reviving an almost 2 years old thread just for that purpose seems a bit pointless. Especially since it isn't a breakthrough either, most people know this or could easily find out about it if they were interested in the matter.

DoM said:
Then my analogies (i'm not sure about this word in english) were indeed baseless ^^;

Are you looking through every topic to find someone you might turn down in order to make yourself look smart? Just a guess.. since i've seen this in many topics and it seems you are not the only one with that hobby here :p

Are you looking through every old thread to find obsolete posts you can reply to with baseless analogies (quoting you) and then blame people that point it out to you? Really, I don't think anybody's trying to belittle others to look smart here (which would quite a stupid thing to do, achieving basically nothing), we're just being a bit critical in general.

CnC

Ad Oculos
DoM said:

That depends, do you post to make yourself an easy target? Just a guess.

But seriously, being on this board a few years can really make redundancy not sit well in the stomach. As Aaz pointed out, this isn't a new idea. Hell, I'm sure I posted on this very subject years ago. Either on this board or on the previous. And I'm sure either Aaz, Olivier, or someone with more experience was quick to point out I was basing this on absolutely nothing. However, I don't recall ever bringing up year old threads (partly because there were no year old threads, hehe). I'm sure if I had the reprocutions would have been big...
Sad thing was though, I would have deserved it.
Who knows, maybe I would have said that Olivier's only purpose was to belittle me, but then I would have had my account deleted as well as be wrong (more than likely).

Basically, don't take shit on the internet personally. Least of all things said on this board.

DoM

I'm a llama!
Aazealh said:
Are you looking through every old thread to find old posts you can reply to with baseless analogies (quoting you) and then blame people that point it out to you?

Not all ,just the ones i'm interested in. It will be just this one i guess. (Next time i"ll do it only if i have a profound analysis on the subject).
I didn't mean to blame anyone, i agree it was a bit lacking of information to revive this, i didn't realise it was 2 years old (not too used to looking at the dates).

And don't worry CnC, i'll try to be an easy target on other topics so you won't get bored :p

EDIT : btw, i'm not taking it personally don't worry ^^;
I guess i'm not used enough to web boards so i don't understand your worries about reviving threads and all.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DoM said:
(Next time i"ll do it only if i have a profound analysis on the subject).

Well, sorry if this sounds shocking to anybody but in fact that's what I would expect. :SK: Reviving old threads is never a problem if it's really worth it (making a strong point, bringing new content, etc).

DoM said:
I didn't mean to blame anyone, i agree it was a bit lacking of information to revive this, i didn't realise it was 2 years old (not too used to looking at the dates).

It's Ok, don't worry. God knows we all make mistakes, and this certainly isn't the end of the world. :guts:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
HawaiianStallion said:
The giant hand the godhand appeared on during the eclipse should have been in the sign of the devil, thus the godhand really know how to rock... or something.
This further supports my rockin' ending theory, where The Band of the Hawk are soundly beaten in a battle of the bands when Guts goes berserk on his Dragon Slayer, letting out a world ending guitar solo that's so totally narly it blows the Idea of Evil out of everyone's heads, as if they weren't already stoned out of their minds.

Top Bottom