Do you guys work out?

What kind of physical activity do you do?

• running

Votes: 49 98.0%
  • swimming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • martial arts/kickboxing/boxing

• weightlifting

• tennis

• other gym activity ( stairmaster,etc)

• aerobics

• Nothing...I'm lazy/too busy

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
I'm off the heavy weights currently and foccussing more on losing weight and rehabilitating my back from a slipped disc and my left shoulder from a dislocation.

So far I bench 260 lbs
right arm curls 85 lbs (due to arm wrestling)
left arm only 65 lbs (different in arm sizes dosn't look so good :p )
The difference in strength also caused my left shoulder to dislocate, because I ignorantly went over the limit for my left when I tried to maximize my right.

Leg press 960 lbs(both legs) which I stopped cause size was getting out of hand and I get muscle cramps alot.

I do abs-about 700 sit ups at a time, but I neglected my back and that caused a slipped disc.

Lesson, don't strain urself or you get injuries like me. Moderation is fine and know ur limits.

Cause of that, I'm just working out moderately with a strict nutrition plan, hoping to lose 40-70 lbs in six months.

Uyennie

Next stop: Bedlam!
Cause of that, I'm just working out moderately with a strict nutrition plan, hoping to lose 40-70 lbs in six months.

Lose 40-70 pounds?! That sounds so aggressive. Can I ask why?

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
I really need to ease the stress on my back-slipped disc. I know it will never be the same, but losing alot of weight will help it for the better.

What good is all the strength one can get when one factor paralizes the person with chronic pain?

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
The max weight you should lose within 6 months is about 48 lbs. Anything more than 2 pounds a week is dangerous to your health.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Losing all the weight can be dangerous. But some do better with a few less pounds in a specifc region. (Above shoulders). Lop.

My exercise is one word, Lifting. Lift the spoon, lift the remote, lift my ass up and go to other couch, etc. yes, i know it is unvigorating. (No I am not joking, but it is kind of a lame funny)

I train for endurance over anaerobic excercise, people who do large weights at the gym of only 2-5 reps will not get fit easily.
I always do at least 12-15, consequently that along with general training for endurance I am unable to put on bearly any weight and have weighed around 65kg for 2 years.

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
The max weight you should lose within 6 months is about 48 lbs. Anything more than 2 pounds a week is dangerous to your health.

Well, I've already started and am losing about 4 pnds every week. Never saw the danger with what I'm doing currently.

I drink about 4 letres of water a day and for myself, that doesn't leave much room for big meals. That's how I'm generally losing the weight. I'm also taking multi vitamins.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
Basicly stay away from soda and unhealthy foods. Drinking 5-7 bottles of water eachday is good. It also fills you up instead of snacking.

Malf said:
Basicly stay away from soda and unhealthy foods. Drinking 5-7 bottles of water eachday is good. It also fills you up instead of snacking.

When you say bottles do you intend those of 1 and a hald litre? Note I asked you even before but you didn't answer

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
what kind of diet are you on?

The diet I'm on is sort of a semi advance atkins.
1st 2 weeks was detox - I only had protien, water and vitamins, 0 carbs, so no veggies, but I could have little amount of fats.

That allows my body to depend on fats instead of carbohydrates.

All the while I did light weights, many reps during that period.

After the 2 week period, I eat lots of protein but am alowed to eat minimal 'simple carbs' like veggies and certain fruits. I still drink alot of water.
I eat those little carbs for the sake of giving me enough energy for working out with medium weights. During working out, I totally burn of the carbs, so when my muscles are in the process of healing, my body uses my body fat, instead of carbs to fuel the process of healing.

That's how I lose weight. (with cardio excersises you only burn significant amount of fat/carbs during the excersise)

In time(which I'm not at yet) when I lose enough fat, my body would have reached maximum carb intake, meaning that the carbs I eat would be enough to fuel my body for both working out and healing. At that time, I move to heavy weights, where the amount of fuel I would need to heal is considerably higher, so my body would again use my body fat... until my ideal weight.

Then I can just stay with medium or light weights.

I know it may sound insane, but I'm crazy enough to go on this thing.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
ah, i'm on a lifters diet, which i've been off of since sunday, i plan to go back on today, very few carbs, but enough stuff to provide energy so that I can go through my karate training and abit of lifting.

Malf

yes a little carbs are good for you, i think no carbs isnt good for you becuase you need energy and it was 20oz bottles like the size of a bottle of coke or something, the ones you get in the vending machines, thats size bottle of water

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Hi_There said:
1st 2 weeks was detox - I only had protien, water and vitamins, 0 carbs, so no veggies, but I could have little amount of fats.

After the 2 week period, I eat lots of protein but am alowed to eat minimal 'simple carbs' like veggies and certain fruits. I still drink alot of water.
I eat those little carbs for the sake of giving me enough energy for working out with medium weights. During working out, I totally burn of the carbs, so when my muscles are in the process of healing, my body uses my body fat, instead of carbs to fuel the process of healing.

That's how I lose weight. (with cardio excersises you only burn significant amount of fat/carbs during the excersise)

In time(which I'm not at yet) when I lose enough fat, my body would have reached maximum carb intake, meaning that the carbs I eat would be enough to fuel my body for both working out and healing. At that time, I move to heavy weights, where the amount of fuel I would need to heal is considerably higher, so my body would again use my body fat... until my ideal weight.

That is unhealthy. Atkins diet is a bunch of bullshit and is very unsafe in the long scheme of things. You need carbohydrates to stay healthy, and people only get fat because they are so lazy. Also, weightlifting will not cause you to lose fat. Sure, stronger muscles burn calories more BUT when your muscles heal it is not using fat, it is using the protein you consume.
What you need to do is aerobics/anaerobics, and get lots of carbs to burn for those, and if you do aerobics for a long time, like say a full hour every day, you will burn off all the carbs you consumed and start buring fat. The way you are losing weight right now is idiotic and unsafe.

Malf

I agree atkins is a buncha crap. I Think the starter of atkins just died. To lose weight go on long walks, some jogs, and hikes to burn off fat. When one goes to the gym he should do cardio and some weight lifting.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
Atkins can help in short bursts, it's like suprising your body by raping it with a katana (note i had a very bad day there will be lots of violence in this post) slashing and ripping at your bodys way of production, so you're bodys like "WTF! WHORE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!" and it thinks you arn't getting enough of what you need so it burns body fat to keep you running, but then your body gets used to it and changes the way it functions and goes "FUCK CHU I WIN" and you begin feeling fine, maybe even better but really your body just changed and isn't running the same way which can be dangerous, herion makes you feel good but it isn't good for you.

It's ok to do it in a burst, suprise your body get a few lbs off, or even for awhile if you really need to ditch some weight, but don't live on it, otherwise it probably can be dangerous.

Hi_There said:

You seem to know exactly what you are doing bu like theblakeman i dont agree with that much. You want to lose weight, run or do long endurence training, you wont need to stick with just protein, you can eat almost all you want and lose weight.

Long distance running is probably the best thing for it, when you get used to doing more then 4km regually you will lose weight for sure.
My uncle weighed 115kg (something like 250 pounds) got into running until he could do 8km, then 12km runs regually and he lost at least 25kg. With long endurence you get fit and burn a fucking lot of calories, its the way to go. i eat alot of fatty food and sweets along with healthy food, all in large doses and drink specialized protein/carb drink made to help put on weight, so far no luck, most of the reason would be because i have choose endurence over just strength, but being fit is more important to your health anyways.

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
Perhaps some read me wrong... I've completed the 2 weeks detox and am taking in carbs at this point, but for the sake of providing energy for working out.

Sure, stronger muscles burn calories more BUT when your muscles heal it is not using fat, it is using the protein you consume.

Protien is the 'building materials,' used, but the body needs energy from either fats or carbs to fuel the actual process of 'rebuilding/healing'.

In odd days, I do some cardio. Perhaps do 2 hrs on the stairmaster or run 12k or so forth.

BOB

poruno sutâ
Majin Tenshi said:
Maxs: (lbs)
Bench Press: 160
Leg Press: 500
1 Arm Curl: 40

Reps:(lbs)x(times)
Leg Extension: 150 x 15
Leg Curl: 150 x 15

Body Weight: 140

1.5 mile: 17 minutes (more of a sprinter really) :p

Why do you americans refuse to use the metric system?

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
We're so damn used to the nonmetric system and to be honest, I wish we weren't. Metric is so easy and much more accurate. We do have grocery products ( haha) that use litres and kgs occasionally, but I always thought the US was pretty backwards. I had a hell of a time when I was in Europe with calculations.

Top Bottom