Do you guys work out?

What kind of physical activity do you do?

• running

Votes: 49 98.0%
  • swimming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • martial arts/kickboxing/boxing

• weightlifting

• tennis

• other gym activity ( stairmaster,etc)

• aerobics

• Nothing...I'm lazy/too busy

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
I had an Olympic Boxing training program for two years and i was doing about 14-18 rounds per week, but i stopped because i don't have time for this anymore because of university.. I wish i had more time for this because it's really hard for the body. Now i'm only doing weight lifting and a bit of running, i think it's boring..

I lift monday through friday and take saturday and sunday off for recovery days. The key to getting big/bigger quick is to lift twice a day, at least 6 hours apart. The trick, lifting only one muscle group a day. And you really gotta kick your body's ass when you're training. But doing this kind of training you need to work out 6 days a week and have one day for rest.

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Legs (quads, hamstrings, calfs)
Day 4: Shoulders (delts, traps)
Day 5: Triceps
Day 6: Biceps
Day 7: Rest, but don't neglect your diet

In one sitting(eating) the body can only digest 40-50 grams of protien every 1.5 hours. Any more and it just gets wasted. For a diet, forget those three big meals and focus on 6 smaller meals. Don't eat vegetables before 4PM. They work best for the body after that point. And don't eat fruit after 4PM. The sugar is more likely to be stored as fat instead of being burned off. To get into shape you need motivation and dedication. Training partner who's on your level or close to it wouldn't hurt either.

Can you tell that I want to be a personal trainer?

For those of you who truely want to get into shape I suggest checking this site out. You wont regret it.

www.abcbodybuilding.com

dwarfkicker said:
In one sitting(eating) the body can only digest 40-50 grams of protien every 1.5 hours. Any more and it just gets wasted. For a diet, forget those three big meals and focus on 6 smaller meals. Don't eat vegetables before 4PM. They work best for the body after that point. And don't eat fruit after 4PM. The sugar is more likely to be stored as fat instead of being burned off. To get into shape you need motivation and dedication. Training partner who's on your level or close to it wouldn't hurt either.

I am trying to put on weight so I do little methods that would help me store fat, like eating carbs before you go to sleep that is said to be responsible for storing fat in your body while you sleep which would not be good for people who are trying to lose weight but its all good to me.

Up until recently I had always believed that eating carbs or protein before training would benefit you, though that is the case for carbs, protein should only be taken after training for recovery and body growth, otherwise your body may get used to having it in your system while you are training. If that happens and you dont have a protein amount in your system your body doesnt like that at all and weaken you. I doubt anything terrible would come from this but thats enough to keep me away from it until afterwards.

I slam a protein shake for breakfast, immediately after my workout, and a couple hours before I hit the sack. WOrks for me. Muscle Milk is my choice of protein ;D

Aconyro

REVENGE!
I remember this thread, I voted that i was too lazy. But in all actuality, I'm very busy but I find time here and there to do different things. I use a heavy bag, for aggression, and weights, when I have time.

However, I do one thing that I am sure is not healthy but to make sure I thought I'd ask. I use a bookbag with all my books for college in it and an additional 30 lbs. of extra weights I put in it (to make sure it doesn't go anywhere without me) nearly every day. And everyday, I wear this bookbag at least an hour a day and it weighs around 60-70 lbs. (I have more stuff other than books and weights. Stuff like supplies, trinkets, etc.). I actually weighed it once at about 64. So what do you think this will do to me in the long run?

Aconyro

REVENGE!
I deserved that. It was a stupid question. ;D

Hopefully, I'll think of a better and safer way to tote my books around.

I was just being honest with you. I have uncles that worked blue collar jobs and carried things on their back for 20+ years. They are either all hunchback or have major lower back problems.

If you have or get a bad lower back then get one of those machines where you hang upside down and slowly tilt yourself up and down for a while, does wonders for a sore lower back and keeps it strong.

PCH24W_FFO.jpg

Something that has you moving in that kind of motion.

7milesdown said:
I slam a protein shake for breakfast, immediately after my workout, and a couple hours before I hit the sack. WOrks for me. Muscle Milk is my choice of protein ;D

I don't trust protein.. you only get artificial muscles and if you stop your training for too long, your muscles you worked for a long time are gone too easily...

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Shurikn said:
I don't trust protein.. you only get artificial muscles and if you stop your training for too long, your muscles you worked for a long time are gone too easily...

What about natrual protein? (meat, peanuts, etc.)

I agree, the natural way is better. But for those of us who don't get enough protein in one day then shakes are all good. FYI to maintain what you have you need to get your weight in grams of protein a day. If you weigh 165 pounds then you should take in 165 grams of protein a day. To actually build muscle to get bigger and not maintain then you need to take your desired weight in grams. So if you want to weigh 225 pounds then you need to take in 225 grams of protein a day.

It's nice to see other people who are as passionate about bodybuilding as much as I am.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Since your a bodybuilder I was wondering does...hmmm trying to say this in the least vaulgar way possible. Does excrement derive protien from your body??

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Shurikn said:

Might as well not work out in the first place, yes?

I say use steroids and end up like this young child whos not even a teenager yet. Aside from the fact that it will fuck you up for the rest of your life, steriods are cool!

http://www.sportachievements.com/Baza/Kropotov/2002/nov/list/kropot_02_novv.html

Seriously though, I saw this a couple min. ago while surfing on the internet. Dont you find this a little... disturbing? I mean its just not right to have young kids who are becoming cut and musculer.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
quite disturbing actually... has anyone here seen the Howard Stern Show???... They had a kid once... Im telling ya' this kid looked extreeeemly build. It was pathetic...

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
dwarfkicker said:
What are we talking about here? Be vulgar.
If you masturbate does it derive protien from your body because the excrement is made mostly of protien.

If you masturbate does it derive protien from your body because the excrement is made mostly of protien.
Ok that's what I thought you were talking about but I didn't want to make an ass out of my self if I was wrong. To answer your question, no. The fluids are made up of a protein that your body creates. The protein that builds muscle is found in the food we eat.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
DemonX said:
Might as well not work out in the first place, yes?

I say use steroids and end up like this young child whos not even a teenager yet. Aside from the fact that it will fuck you up for the rest of your life, steriods are cool!

http://www.sportachievements.com/Baza/Kropotov/2002/nov/list/kropot_02_novv.html

Seriously though, I saw this a couple min. ago while surfing on the internet. Dont you find this a little... disturbing? I mean its just not right to have young kids who are becoming cut and musculer.

I've heard that if you put this much strain on yourself at a young age it will stunt growth.

M

medievald00d

dwarfkicker said:
Ok that's what I thought you were talking about but I didn't want to make an ass out of my self if I was wrong. To answer your question, no. The fluids are made up of a protein that your body creates. The protein that builds muscle is found in the food we eat.
correct me if im wrong, but arent the fluids mainly carbohydrates?
I could pull out my bio book to double check....

Top Bottom