Do you guys work out?

What kind of physical activity do you do?

• running

Votes: 49 98.0%
  • swimming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • martial arts/kickboxing/boxing

• weightlifting

• tennis

• other gym activity ( stairmaster,etc)

• aerobics

• Nothing...I'm lazy/too busy

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
7milesdown said:
NOw Junk food is another matter all together. You'll never build muscle right that way
Well... when you are "cool" like the guys i'm talking about.. it doesn't matter :) you are the strongest of the gym because you benchpress like an asshole, too much weight and you do only 2-3 repetitions. When you are not pushing the right way you can lift a lot more weight.. i guess you are not one of those guys..
Weight lifting look simple but it's not...

And its annoying to see people do it the wrong way or pathetically. You see people do heavy weights but either dodgy or really quickly, people should learn its not about trying to lift heavy weights, I really take my time when I am doing reps I take them rather slowly; its recommended that you bring them up without too much speed and bring them down twice as slow, as when you are bringing the weights down it is at least as important as pulling them up.

Something interesting I heard recently essential for muscle growth is failure at the very end. In the past I didnt put much into the last rep you know you cant pull up after however many but failure is the most important part of the whole part for muscle growth. I have been told that when you push it until you have absolutely nothing left, even if you fail to finish the rep you muscles essentially panic when put under that much stress and that is the part that really forces them to grow. When I first pushed to the point that I had nothing left at all I could feel the difference.

Shurikn said:
Well... when you are "cool" like the guys i'm talking about.. it doesn't matter :) you are the strongest of the gym because you benchpress like an asshole, too much weight and you do only 2-3 repetitions. When you are not pushing the right way you can lift a lot more weight.. i guess you are not one of those guys..
Weight lifting look simple but it's not...

Yeh, I personally think its stupid to do anything less than 5 reps. I don't think maxing out is that important either. Reps are whats important. I don't know what your gym is like, but there are a lot of people that just stand around at mine, and talk really loud about all the weight they lift so everyone can hear, and grunt like dumbasses on every rep. I find it really annoying when I'm waiting for something and they spend 2 minutes inbetween sets and then do 3 reps. In the same respect, I think its stupid to do say 30 reps with little weight. I try to finish in less than an hour, there is no reason to do so much in one day, unless you do it everyday I guess. There are A LOT of people who do steroids too, mostly frat guys.

It's all in how you train. Light weight and high reps is for toning. Heavy weight with less weight is for building. My set count is four. My reps for those sets are usually 10/8/6/4. Sometimes 12/10/8/6.

What is important is to "feel the burn" when you are lifting weight. I think the max rep should be 20, because it always depend on what kind of results you want. 20 rep is when you want to work your muscles endurence, it doesn't help to get more muscular mass. It's like dwarfkicker explained..

There is a lot of people at the university's gym like those you described Aho411, they just want to show off.. especially when there's a chick doing her step or bike :p

I lift extremly heavy with low reps. It for the mass. Now Drop sets and shit like that, thats perfect for getting the rips u want. Lighter weight and higher repetitions.

NOw with shoulders, u should never go too heavy. Its too dangerous and if you injure it, you'll be out for a long time! :-\

Sparnage, lifting heavy weights at a fast pace is called explosive movements or explosive training. Its purpose it to hit the tiny muscle fibers that are interwoven with the larger ones. Explosive training hits these fibers better than going through the regular motions.

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Neh, I swim and Play Water Polo (which includes three days a week in the gym) in addition to taking Brazilian Ju-Jitsu so right now I'm in pretty good shape.

I'm a mixed martial artist, though my grappling experience is still pretty low. Also did weights for the past year, but switched to a BJJ warmup as my main exercise now, cos it kicked my ass :p

Top Bottom