Griffith and the Anti-Christ?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
darkbladez said:
Did I say anything wrong?

Don't mind him, he's eitheir mocking the other guy or feels the same as the other guy, or maybe he feels you said to much to make your point...but don't mind him, if you mind his little comments then you're gonna have to find out alot of useless opinions

This is history in the making. For now on, I will never explain myself again, instead I will have eddie do it for me!

YES! Less work.

Oh and the jesus christ thing goes for the whole thread, how people are relating a picture book to religion.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
DemonX said:
Oh and the jesus christ thing goes for the whole thread, how people are relating a picture book to religion.
okay, I'rr pray arong

Well by this he means that he feels it's a stupid thing to relate a manga with a book like the bible, or maybe he is downgrading berserk to that oh so comic book level.

Actually I feel Religion and Berserk have alot in common, you know, in both theres alot of prosecution, alot of hatred, alot of intolerance, alot of greed, alot of incompetence, and also they both leave so many questions unanswered.

Eddie said:
Actually I feel Religion and Berserk have alot in common, you know, in both theres alot of prosecution, alot of hatred, alot of intolerance, alot of greed, alot of incompetence, and also they both leave so many questions unanswered.
That's life, not religion.

Nevermind that...
Let me put it this way. Religions were and are use as an inspiration for all kinds of entertainment. Movies, books, comic books, music etc. In Berserk the different aspects of it, especially the negative ones, like prosecution of wiches, so called heretics and so forth... You could interpret this as criticism, or you could just take it as what it is. A reflection of things that happened in the real, in our world, too. The other aspects, like the power of the church among the common people and in the kingdomes highest ranks is just like the negative aspects only a reflection of the real world, the real church. But that all is just used as an instrument to tell an interesting story. Unlike in EVA, in Berserk the religious aspects and especially the knowledge of the bible e.g., help not to understand the mysteries in Berserk. The similarities between the religion in Berserk and ours are therefore not as interesting as in EVA. But that's just my opinion on it. ^^"

Top Bottom