Low Carb Diets hit a new note

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
The beer industry targets the health conscious.

" After a hard workout...you deserve a Michelob"

Low carb, ( 3 grams), 95 calories per serving.

The ad shows a couple running together, fit and fabulous.

I just love all the diet fads. Even the candy bars and vending machines now state LOW CARB SNACKS.

Screw that. I need my carbs. I find that I take the exact opposite position for alot of these diets. I have little time and money to spend on food to I often find myself in the grocery store looking for stuff with the highest caloric content. Also, if I only eat one meal in a day, I make it a point to eat it before going to bed.

The short version. If it's fattening, it's efficient eating.

Carbs are essential to ones diet for physical gain, even if you can lose weight quicker without them its better to be a tad bigger and get into your body you will probably be healthier.

Im with Faust, i need my carbs also.

SexyCharlotte

Sparnage said:
Carbs are essential to ones diet for physical gain, even if you can lose weight quicker without them its better to be a tad bigger and get into your body you will probably be healthier.

Im with Faust, i need my carbs also.

I think what people don't understand is this low carb thing is yet another one of those 'trends.' While low carb diets can be efficient in some ways, we all need energy sources that use carbs for energy. Since I'm planning on entering a fitness competition, I'm going to need my pasta LOL in addition to lean sources of protein. Like working out, having a balanced diet is a LIFESTYLE, not merely a trend.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Heh, nearly all my friends are doing the low carb thing. It takes a lot not to make fun of the diet around them. I think it's rediculous to demonize a food group like that. Besides, I live off of carbs, I'd probably have starved to death without them.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
I love rice. Id choose it anyday over pasta. Low carb is ok but if your guna burn the carbs, eat as much carbs as you feel necesary.

M

medievald00d

Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
It's an Asian thing with us. We need rice. Period.
Bite me. I'm Chinese and i have rice every night for dinner. Im so sick of that stuff, I'd take pasta over rice any time, any day.

We got that kind of beer to this year.. it's called the Molson Ultra.. in the ad we see people training in different sports and then we see them drink that beer after the "hard day" or at the club just because they want to stay in shape.. i think i'll try one.. for my friend's collection of beer bottles because i know he won't try it :p

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
My whole take on the Atkins diet and low carb diet is that it's good for those who are so heavily obese that they need a way to melt off the pounds as quickly and painlessly as possible because regular exercies just ain't gonna do it. Otherwise, it's pretty foolish for some high school teenager who just wants to fit into her prom dress to do Atkins. This is especially dumb for anyone who's active and athletic.

On the whole eating rice thing, before McDonalds and other fast foods were introduced to Asia, a vast majority of asians were thin and all they ate were carbs. Now it's a bit of a different story since asian kids are getting fat off of McDonalds, but it goes to show that you are what you eat and a majority of Americans are what's on the $0.99 menu at Wendy's.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
It's an Asian thing with us. We need rice. Period.

Got Rice?

gotricecar.jpg

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Bok Choy [Stir-fried with Rice] said:
Got Rice?

http://www.asianjoke.com/pix/images/gotricecar.jpg

Judging from the giant spoiler on that car (among other things) I don't think we're talking about the food rice anymore, are we? ;D

Anyway, I eat rice just about everyday, easy to make, good taste, rarely upsets my stomach, so a plus for me. :)

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Its funny cause the guy who started the atkins diet ended up dying of a heart attack and his health was in question anyways, funny funny stuff. :-*

SexyCharlotte

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Its funny cause the guy who started the atkins diet ended up dying of a heart attack and his health was in question anyways, funny funny stuff. :-*

Well look at Dr. Phil. Now there's a guy who could lose 40 lbs or more and he's telling the world how to 'lose weight and get fit'...yet another marketing venture . However, I noticed no one bought his books yet at the grocery store, and his diet foods remain unsold as well on the shelves. I think they'll be ending up in the bargain bins soon.

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!

?????

Dr Robert Atkins has died, aged 72, a week after he injured his head in a fall.

I don't know where this heart attack came in...

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
LOL

Anyways, I also found this

http://www.lowcarb.ca/articlesb/article341.html

Here's an exerpt...

"NEW YORK, April 25 /PRNewswire/ -- On Thursday April 18, Dr. Robert C. Atkins, the well-known nutrition expert and best selling author, did, in fact, experience cardiac arrest during breakfast. He was quickly revived by an associate and taken to the hospital. As this was not a heart attack (or myocardial infarction), but a cardiac arrest related to an infection of the heart he has been suffering from for a few years. Dr. Atkins experienced a speedy recovery and was released from the hospital on Wednesday, April 24. In fact, Dr. Atkins hopes to return to his responsibilities, including local speaking engagements and as chairman of the Dr. Robert C. Atkins Foundation, within the next week or so. His doctors have advised him to curtail his travel plans for the next 30 days as a precautionary measure.

The cause of this event was cardiomyopathy, not blocked arteries. Over the last couple of years, Dr. Atkins has had an infection of the heart muscle (called the myocardium) contracted during an overseas trip. Coupled with the extreme heat conditions of mid-April here in New York, the 71-year old Dr. Atkins suffered this event."

I guess the cause of his 'true' death will always be in the dark...

incognitoX

you fail me
The weight loss on the atkins diet is only temporarily, odds are you'll end up gaining the weight right back. It's pretty funny, especially since most of the people on this trend diet are people who are looking to lose weight fast and "dont have the time to exercise."

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
incognitoX said:
The weight loss on the atkins diet is only temporarily, odds are you'll end up gaining the weight right back. It's pretty funny, especially since most of the people on this trend diet are people who are looking to lose weight fast and "dont have the time to exercise."
I think that's bullshit. If they are fat they MUST do a lot of sitting on their asses, so why cant they excercise instead of doing nothing and watching TV???

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
eating in moderation and daily excersise are the only cures for obesity, no wonder-diet or weight machine will do it alone. So pass on the second helping of meatloaf and go take a walk :) *goes to walk his dog*

M

medievald00d

accordint to the obese, its genetic that they are lazy and put on too many pounds. Go figure.

Top Bottom