Darkhorse to release Volumes 3 + 4 Translated

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
The first 2 volumes have already been released. I have both and I'm pretty satisfied with the translations. It doesn't seem as though they've kept anything out. (DH said they're going to keep it that way) Volumes 3 + 4 are both liscenced and being worked on. They're set to be released on 04-14-04 and 07-14-04 respectively. Does anybody know if the entire series has been liscenced and the rights bought by DH? I mean, will all 27 volumes be coming out or is still happening on a volume by volume basis?

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
the fact that DH has a handful of other comics they have to deal with, most of which are only about as long as a single chapter in Berserk, I'm suprised they're coming so soon.

you've got 200+ pages that have bubbles made for Japanese characters & you need those characters to be translated accordingly before anything is actually done on the page.

this is all just for starters

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
dwarfkicker said:
They could still release them bimonthly.

Yeah. At this rate, I'll be dead before the entire 26 volume Dark Horse set comes out LOL.

Thanks for the info on Vol 3 and 4. More stuff to look forward to. :D

they look just as if Guts met Gambino after he slay the count... this will likely to cause misunderstanding that the story of black swordsman continue after the count death...

Especially this quote
"the legendary Griffith, warrior leader of the Band of the Hawk, who is eager to test his combat skills against those of the Black Swordsman."

Now, now folks. Just because the summary of the volume is seriously, for lack of a better word, fucked, doesn't mean the translations will be bad, or for that matter, reflect on the summary for the volume.

Oh, god. I thought the summary for volume 1 was bad (Guts is on a quest to avenge a flesh-eating demon ruler and lift his demon curse) but this "hooks back up with gambino" shit takes the cake!

nir085

Horse and Armor
...what?
I'm looking at the DH vol. 1 summary right now and I don't see anything remotely like that.
Did they change the summaries for the second printing?

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
*dies laughing*

Okay. This made my day. Seriously. I was in a shitty mood before but...

aaaah people, you've got to love them sometimes.

Top Bottom