Episode 237

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olivier Hague said:
Well, basically...
What we learn:
It was hinted in the previous episode and it's now confirmed: Guts is losing his senses because of his armor. There are colors he can't see anymore or won't be able to see anymore eventually, he's losing his taste, his hands are trembling, etc. If he keeps using his armor, he'll lose many more things. Light, voice, warmth...
The Skull Knight did wear Guts' Berserk armor, a long time ago.

So does this mean he is slowly dying or taking a step closer to losing his humanity? Are the senses he is losing permanent damage?

Thanks for the summary Olivier.

I'm thinking the elf king will cure Caska, for a couple of reasons. I'd doubted Miura would leave her nuts until the end because it would be too boring. Eventually, he'll bring the original trio back together again, in some fashion, and when that happens it will be a lot more interesting if she's sane this time around. And considering what's happening with Guts, as well as with Griffith and Charlotte, the timing is right, story-wise, for her to regain her sanity.

To keep the relationship between Caska and Guts unresolved, it makes sense to have Caska come back to herself just as Guts is beginning to lose himself, and having her deal with his danger will give her something to focus on beyond her inevitable Griffith issues.

Miura has paralleled Caska's and Charlotte's stories in the past, and I think he will continue to do so. Caska's sanity returns and she finds that Guts, the "real" love of her past, has changed, perhaps irrevocably. Charlotte, who'd dreamed for years of Griffith coming back for her, is finally reunited with her idealized dream man, only to find that he's something beyond human. Charlotte is unaware of the horrific acts Griffith committed in order to recreate himself, or what he's capable of in the pursuit of his dream, just as Caska is unaware of the carnage Guts left in his wake during his Black Swordsman phase, or his battle against his inner beast. Both men are potentially dangerous to the women who are with them, but the women don't know that.

And with the events at the Hill of Swords revealing that the trio still have emotional ties to each other, for whatever reasons, things can only get messier. :)

when Guts later hears about Griffith, the armor indeed starts to transform
Hee! Bless the man, he's predictable in that one respect. :)

Griffith attacked Flora because a witch is a bigger threat than a ten thousand men army, as far as he's concerned.
Which adds credibility to the theory that elemental magic will be a balancing force to the God Hand/Apostles.

Apparently, it's not impossible for Guts to remain human, but it won't be easy.
I wouldn't expect anything otherwise, Guts being the ultimate struggler.

He and Flora were still mortal back then, and they were friends (a bit like Guts and Shierke are now)
Makes me wonder what "choices" Flora and Skully made that Guts and Shierke shouldn't make in the future…and makes me wonder if Flora is gone for good.

I'm kinda dissapointed that Farnese, Serpico, and Isidro didn't get to meet Skully
Me, too. But they haven't met Griffith yet, either. Ah, the fun to look forward to…

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Kinda makes me wonder what Caska is gonna do when she "wakes up."
Caska: "WHAT THE HELL! I need a haircut!"

But y'know, if she retains her memories of being insane, she might have reason to fear Guts. Remember her being tied up... and bit...

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
I agree with miruafan. Probably, just when caska comes back, she will be the only person keeping guts from insanity (or somthing close to it). That kinda sucks though that now we are so worked up over the subject but were probably gonna have to wait another 6 months before casca is even cured, IF she even is cured :-[.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Alright... With working 18 hour days and not getting much sleep. Next retarded post or any other post after this gets automatically deleted.

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Alright... With working 18 hour days and not getting much sleep. Next retarded post or any other post after this gets automatically deleted.

I don't understand, what r u so offended by? What's so retarded? Plz explain...

nir085

Horse and Armor
I think Caska being reintroduced to the story as a warrior will be cool for about a chapter or two, but after that it will just drag the plot progression down. Besides, Gutts only really cares about Caska, not much else, so I would think that Caska being healed would get him to care less about Griffith, now that he would have one less reason to hate him.

But if Caska does come back into the story as a warrior, I sure hope she does more than serve as a distraction for Gutts. Maybe now that Farneze is a witch apprentice she could borrow her weapons and kick ass again!

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
I think that the reason Skull Knight is just a figure of bones is that he wore the armor for so long that it turned him into such a thing. Think about the symptoms the armor gives: loss of taste, loss of sight, voice...
I don't know, but it seems likely since Skull Knight warns Guts about what it does, he must know from first-hand experience.
Another thing, the armor has the ability to transform, so maybe when Gaiseric wore it it was slightly different from when Guts did (this is just in my theory) even before the beast took over. Maybe once Skully gained immortality (maybe from Godhand, but since Skully is technically not an apostle it might rule that out) the armor was removed and he lived on as he is now. Of course I could be sounding like an idiot but oh well...

This has been said before, but i think with what we learned from Olivier's preview summary it should be re-examined.
Elfhelm will be attacked.
Reasons:
Skullknight says a witch is more of a threat than a ten thousand man army.
Puck has said before that many wizards/witches live there and i think Shierke said something also.

So what would be more of a threat than a large community of wizards/witches. If one witch was a large threat than obviously the others that exist would be just as equally a threat. So Elfhelm will probably be under attack around the time Gutts and Co. arrive or soon after.

Also i see that the fairy king will probably ask them to help defend or carry out some kind of task to help defend elfhelm inorder for Caska to be cured. During this fight the armor will probably consume gutts enough to cause great damage to his humanity.

I wonder about is the pics of Gaiseric in his armor with the skull armor (which i guess is the only pic we see of him) is in fact a morphed version of the berserker armor. In Guts case the suit armor didnt change much from how it looked before morphing, so prehaps he wore it after that.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Sparnage said:
I wonder about is the pics of Gaiseric in his armor with the skull armor (which i guess is the only pic we see of him) is in fact a morphed version of the berserker armor. In Guts case the suit armor didnt change much from how it looked before morphing, so prehaps he wore it after that.
I just said the same thing up in my earlier post but I am glad I am not alone in this speculation...

nir085

Horse and Armor
namayias said:
This has been said before, but i think with what we learned from Olivier's preview summary it should be re-examined.
Reasons:

And it is for that reason that Elfheim will not be attacked.
What Skullknight said is definitely accurate. Why else would a huge army of apostles, including Zodd and Grunbeld, attack one old dying witch? Because the witch is powerful. Now imagine a place full of witches, maybe not witches who are as strong as Flora but let's say Schierke. Schierke kicked ass in Inoku village and helped out a lot in other places. So with that said, why would Griffith send an army of apostles to a place like that? It would be lambs to the slaughterhouse. Yes Griffith has been on many daring missions before, but none of them were suicidal. Griffith is smarter than that. Griffith will try to kill them off at some point but he will just not rush into Elfheim like a reckless idiot. At least not until Ganishka is taken care of, reducing the chances of Griffith attacking Elheim to zero.

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
Man, I haven't been this excited about Berserk in quite some time. I've always been pleased to see new chapters, but... too much waiting, not enough major plot developement. I'm really glad that Miura got the main story arc moving swiftly again.

namayias said:
Reasons:
Puck has said before that many wizards/witches live there and i think Shierke said something also.

So what would be more of a threat than a large community of wizards/witches. If one witch was a large threat than obviously the others that exist would be just as equally a threat. So Elfhelm will probably be under attack around the time Guts and Co. arrive or soon after.

Also i see that the fairy king will probably ask them to help defend or carry out some kind of task to help defend elfhelm inorder for Caska to be cured. During this fight the armor will probably consume Guts enough to cause great damage to his humanity.

Well, I don't know about the other elements of your suggestion, but I am looking forward to the Battle of Elfhelm's Deep.

What Skullknight said is definitely accurate. Why else would a huge army of apostles, including Zodd and Grunbeld, attack one old dying witch? Because the witch is powerful. Now imagine a place full of witches, maybe not witches who are as strong as Flora but let's say Schierke. Schierke kicked ass in Inoku village and helped out a lot in other places. So with that said, why would Griffith send an army of apostles to a place like that? It would be lambs to the slaughterhouse. Yes Griffith has been on many daring missions before, but none of them were suicidal. Griffith is smarter than that. Griffith will try to kill them off at some point but he will just not rush into Elfheim like a reckless idiot. At least not until Ganishka is taken care of, reducing the chances of Griffith attacking Elheim to zero.

Well firstly, it didn't seem like they lost a lot of apostles vs Flora, except what Gatts & the SK killed. The gollems did nothing, & her magic did little. So maybe it wouldn't be all that much of a slaughter after all. Besides, Griffith has never been one to back down from a fight, & letting Elfhelm organize a defense by delaying his attack might be just as unwise as rushing in full force.

This all of course assumes that Elfhelm hasn't already been razed. which I'm not at all sure is a safe assumption. They seem like a bigger threat, I think, than Ganiska. But that's useless to speculate on at this point because we've never even seen Elfhelm to know what kind of power they have.

That being said, I think we'll see Elfhelm go down before Ganiska. I don't think Griffith would've withdrawn from battle without good reason. I guess Charlotte MIGHT be construed as good reason, but I doubt it. I think it was just a raid to get her out as it was becomming an emergency situation (assuming she's still useful enough to him to consider her impending demise an emergency, which I think is safe since he did actually rescue her). I personally think Griffith would be able to take that upstart Apostle without too much trouble, if he committed his forces & himself to the effort. Elfhelm, to me, seems like a bigger threat.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Remember Fletch, possibilities aren’t important, Dr. Berserk up there already said the chances of Elfhelm being attacked are zero! ZERO! NEVER! You wouldn’t understand because you like garbage like major character and plot developments. That shit blows chunks. Casca’s only cool as long as she keeps her mouth shut and doesn’t have any negative impact on the story's ass kicking, kick ass, kicking ass!

-Griffith

P

PsychoJavexx

Awww, cmon guys, you didn't laugh at that?

I don't think Griffith is going to go after them at all. They've been there for a while I'd imagine, and if he wanted to kill them all, I think he would have done that before rescuing Charlotte. Unless she is more important, and I can't see why she would be.

And what did Guts' armor start changing into? Back to where the helmet was covering his head, or something different?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Javexx I hope all your posts are deleted >:(.

Anyways, if you notice, Ganiska and Flora had the same type of form, they both changed into this etheral type of being. Maybe ganiska is a wizard, and thats why griffith attacked him, except he used alot more manpower because ganiska has a whole army behind him.

nir085 said:

That reason alone isnt enough for you to say that Elfhelm will not be attacked... Yes Griffith will take note of that threat and he will definitely do something about it, but it will not be so soon... Not any time before defeating Ganiska (But enough time for Caska to recover and Guts to recuperate). If Griffith feel attacking that place is more dangerous than dealing with Ganishka, he himself will lead his army to fight Elfhelm... And if time coincide, Caska (sane), Guts and Griffith will meet each other face to face again...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
DemonX said:
Anyways, if you notice, Ganiska and Flora had the same type of form, they both changed into this etheral type of being. Maybe ganiska is a wizard, and thats why griffith attacked him, except he used alot more manpower because ganiska has a whole army behind him.

Yeah, Griffith attacked him because he's a wizard! Not because he's the Kushan Emperor , occupying Midland, and holding Charlotte hostage! Also, Flora died, Ganishka is alive I'm pretty sure, so I think we're going to need more evidence than that to prove Griff attacked on the basis of his wizardry. Although, he mentioned using magic a couple of times, he's probably both a wizard and an Apostle.

PsychoJavexx said:
Any why is that?

Acting like a stupid jackass maybe? I'm just speculating.

-Griffith

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
If Caska is cured is there any reason to expect her to go charging after Griffith with Guts?

She may deal with what Griffith did during the eclipse in a very different manner then Guts, not with anger, but with resignation. And that certainly would put an interesting spin on Guts' motivations. Up to this point he's been having a hate-on for Griffith for what he did to Casca, but if she refuses to feel angry about it, or take revenge, then what is he really fighting for?

Caska's pain? Or the pain of a boy who couldn't win the one time he really needed to?

nir085

Horse and Armor
He'll probably fight for the memory of the Hawks in that case.

Hehe, or maybe something totally crazy will happen and he will find out that his parents were killed in an eclipse.

And yeah, you'll are right, I shouldn't make absolute predictions like that. I just don't see Griffith attacking Elfheim. It would be mimicking the Flora's death chapter and I don't think that the Elfhelm people may even be that big of a threat to Griffith, considering they haven't done anything to him yet. I for one think that the Ganishka substory has a longer way to go than many of you expect. Rakshas wouldn't have cared so much about him if he was just a regular tough apostle and/or wizard. I envision Elfheim as a safehouse. Like a more intriguing and better developed Godo's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom