Episode 237

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Well about curing caska, did anybody tought that the only way for her not to go crazy again his to seal or remove any too 'painful' memories of the occultation... Thus we came back to the fact that for her Griffith would only have betrayed all the hawks to get it's dream, but wasn't a complete monster... Well these tought are my two cents...

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Aquedesin said:
Well about curing caska, did anybody tought that the only way for her not to go crazy again his to seal or remove any too 'painful' memories of the occultation...
Not necessarily. She has only to learn to face them if that is what the real cause of her insanity is (I doubt it). However don't worry even having only betrayed all of the hawks (Casca herself included) is more than enough

puella

Berserk forever
roberto999 said:
Ku is not the number 9 (nine) in japanese? ( the series of numbers of chinese origin)

Maybe he is the ninth king of his dinasty to bear that name.

Well, there are several kanji for the pronunciation "ku" other than "nine". But I don't think Japanese people say like that if it means the ninth king. ::)

puella said:
Well, as far as I know, the first three kanji is pronounced "hanafubuki" which means "flowers falling in the wind/ a flower drift/ a storm of falling (cherry) blossoms". But I can't figure out the kana "ku".
The "ku" kana means that it's supposed to be read "hanafubuku", not "hanafubuki".

Griffith said:
doesn't look like Skully took off at the end
According to the dialogues, he's about to.

puella

Berserk forever
Olivier Hague said:
The "ku" kana means that it's supposed to be read "hanafubuku", not "hanafubuki".

Damn Japanese. ;D
Then the last sound "ki" becomes "ku"? some transformed form for some word effect?
Then the meaning is the same or different? ::)

Amazing chapter...

Thanks for the scans Bakou...

I am starting to speculate that their journey to Elfhelm would be interesting... meeting mermaisd or encounter fish monster that is shown on the book in page 3

P.S Now i know how will Guts fight in the future, once he get piss off (especially with Griff), the beast mask would automatically covered his head and change him into the berserk mode...

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Thanks a lot Bakou! And Griffith since Bittorrent never seems to work properly for me in sweden. Just faaaaaar too slow.

This chapter has to have one of the more creepy images in quite some time. I love p18-19, the way the beast just slowly crept into the armour was just bloody awesome.

It is indeed time for Gat.tsu to continue his slow descent into the darkness from the look of things. I think that a revitalized Caske will be need soon, if nothing else because I doubt that there is anyone else that will be able to deal with Gat.tsu when he starts to slip.

And I just can't get rid of the gruesome picture of Skullknight in the berserk armour, dead and rotting, impaled upon all those spikes until only the skeleton is left. After all, if the spirit isn't willing to depart, the armour seems to be able to sustain the body indefinetly. And we already have learned that the armour stregthens the bone and doesn't allow it to break...

I just can't wait to see what happens next. Griffith. Gat.tsu. Caska. They all seem to be starting to come into the true focus of the story again.

Which is fine because that triangle of love/hate/friendship/loyalty was the thing that got me hooked on Berserk from the start.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Olivier Hague said:
According to the dialogues, he's about to.

That's what the little voice in the back of my mind told me you would say when I posted that. =) I don't know why he's going to leave, he's just going to show up in Elfhelm anyway, he'll probably be on the boat they use to get there, the damn creep. ;D

Fishbomb said:
Thanks a lot Bakou! And Griffith since Bittorrent never seems to work properly for me in sweden. Just faaaaaar too slow.

Yeah, even though it technically got the chapter on my computer fast and easy, it just felt... unnatural. ;D It's like a big money shot without even foreplay.

Fishbomb said:
This chapter has to have one of the more creepy images in quite some time. I love p18-19, the way the beast just slowly crept into the armour was just bloody awesome.

It is indeed time for Gat.tsu to continue his slow descent into the darkness from the look of things. I think that a revitalized Caske will be need soon, if nothing else because I doubt that there is anyone else that will be able to deal with Gat.tsu when he starts to slip.

And I just can't get rid of the gruesome picture of Skullknight in the berserk armour, dead and rotting, impaled upon all those spikes until only the skeleton is left. After all, if the spirit isn't willing to depart, the armour seems to be able to sustain the body indefinetly. And we already have learned that the armour stregthens the bone and doesn't allow it to break...

I just can't wait to see what happens next. Griffith. Gat.tsu. Caska. They all seem to be starting to come into the true focus of the story again.

Which is fine because that triangle of love/hate/friendship/loyalty was the thing that got me hooked on Berserk from the start.

Here here. The beast swimming up his back like a shark is one hell of a cool trick, totally unexpected and awesome. Frankly, I can't wait for it to take control of him again. Also, Flora fondly staring at Skully's armor is precious, awwwww. =)

-Griffith

P.S. Fish, censored words have been lifted, you can refer to Guts however you like, call of your punctuation of war. Damn radicals, you've won this round! ;)

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Personally, I find Evarella amusing in the earlier pages... although she needs to be smacked for trying to hook Schierke and Guts up :p~

This is a chapter I'd really love to translate... sadly, I'm almost certain I'll be beaten to it. I have 8 hours of work starting in thirty minutes :(

EDIT: nevermind, I already was. Curse you speed demons... ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
he's just going to show up in Elfhelm anyway, he'll probably be on the boat they use to get there, the damn creep. ;
My bet is that his horse will be the boat to get to Elfhelm. For a price, he can take you to your destiny.

ferry-sotn.gif

Can't you just see it? Oh well...

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Griffith said:
Here here. The beast swimming up his back like a shark is one hell of a cool trick, totally unexpected and awesome. Frankly, I can't wait for it to take control of him again. Also, Flora fondly staring at Skully's armor is precious, awwwww. =)

-Griffith

P.S. Fish, censored words have been lifted, you can refer to Guts however you like, call of your punctuation of war. Damn radicals, you've won this round! ;)

*smiles* yeah, I never ever would have expected that. I reread the whole series last week, and to compare how puny the beast is when it first arrives to this monster it has become now is rather interesting.

I just hopes that Gatts eventually realises that perhaps people can do some things they regret under the influence of their darker selves.

Of course that would depend on Griffith showing even a smidgeon of regret... if he did I think Gatts would crumble. But I very much doubt that he would, he's a stubborn bastard.

I have to admit that Flora and Skullknight being such friends is really something I didn't expect. How old was she anyway?

Do people still think Skullknight is Gasaerik after the recent revelations? Just wondering...

And finally... *grins* Thanks! Thanks a lot for the lifting of the ban! Makes life just a little bit easier.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Fishbomb said:
... to compare how puny the beast is when it first arrives to this monster it has become now is rather interesting.
Or ... vice versa? In volume 17, the Beast is fucking huge. Volume 23? He's a cute lil' runt.

I just hopes that Gatts eventually realises that perhaps people can do some things they regret under the influence of their darker selves.
I think that whole "chocolate stain around Casca's areola" recurring image tells us that Guts is already convinced of this...

I have to admit that Flora and Skullknight being such friends is really something I didn't expect. How old was she anyway?
We knew Skully and her were "old friends" since ep. 203. It's a pretty safe assumption that Flora was ~1000 years old.

Bakou

I RIDE a llama!
sweet fairy love

Graywords said:
Personally, I find Evarella amusing in the earlier pages... although she needs to be smacked for trying to hook Schierke and Guts up :p~

Even fairies know, pimpin' aint easy

But now i'd like to see someone hook ivarella up with pack o_O

Fishbomb said:

I believe there could very well be nothing left in that armour: no bones, just Skully's spirit or that eternal flame of his (as said in translation).
[That is if his current armour is the berserker armour(what do you think?)]
I am still confused about his way to use behelits though.

Griffith

xechnao said:
[That is if his current armour is the berserker armour(what do you think?)]I am still confused about his way to use behelits though.

Okay, I've read this several times about Skully wearing the Berserk's Armor, and I don't really understand where these people's heads are... Guts is wearing it, it's on Guts right now, Skully did wear it, but at some point took it off, now it's on Guts only. The armor that is on Guts can not be on Skully at the samw time. Skully cannot wear the Berserk's armor while Guts is wearing it.

Skully + Armor = Skully Armor - Skully = Armor + Guts = Guts Armor = Armor - Skully

If the Skull Knight takes off 1 Berserk Armor and travels a 1000 years where Guts puts on 1 Berserk armor, how many Berserk Armors are there on the Skull Knight?

Glad we cleared that up.

-Griffith

P.S. Xech, Skully uses the Behelits for his Behelit sword, remember? The one that cuts through dimensions.

Griffith said:
Okay, I've read this several times about Skully wearing the Berserk's Armor, and I don't really understand where these people's heads are... Guts is wearing it, it's on Guts right now, Skully did wear it, but at some point took it off, now it's on Guts only. The armor that is on Guts can not be on Skully at the samw time. Skully cannot wear the Berserk's armor while Guts is wearing it.

Heh, obviously the idea is that maybe there are more berserk armours than just one. It ain't clear to me if it is just one of them or kinda more instead and Skully was a bit dramatic while explaining that he once wore it.

Griffith said:
P.S. Xech, Skully uses the Behelits for his Behelit sword, remember? The one that cuts through dimensions.

Yes, I remember that. I also remember (ain't sure though) that he kinda broke and squeezed the ooze of Roshinu's one into his mouth (or did he swallow it just like that?).
Don't you find the first case a bit strange(that is if indeed this is what happened)?

Olivier Hague said:
It's the same one.

But how can you be sure? I mean do you drive your conviction from the current chapter (what skully said)?
If that's the case couldn't it easilly be that Skully was talking dramatic here as his usual talking is?
"I am wearing one of it right now" would be a bit inappropriate to say for Skully IMHO.
And it would kinda scare the shit out of Guts and Shielke about Guts himself wearing that armour right now.

Griffith

xechnao said:
But how can you be sure? I mean do you drive your conviction from the current chapter (what skully said)?
If that's the case couldn't it easilly be that Skully was talking dramatic here as his usual talking is?
"I am wearing one of it right now" would be a bit inappropriate to say for Skully IMHO.
And it would kinda scare the shit out of Guts and Shielke about Guts himself wearing that armour right now.

Schierke asked him if he used to wear the armor Guts is wearing, and Skull Knight said yes. Why else would Flora look at it dearly? The entire context of the situation says it's the same, and Skull Knight SAID it was. That's a bit more convincing than your "talking dramatic" theory.

-Griffith

xechnao said:

According to the trans we have under our hands (thanks Saiki) Skully clearly said it was this one he wore once

Griffith said:
Skully + Armor = Skully Armor - Skully = Armor + Guts = Guts Armor = Armor - Skully

If the Skull Knight takes off 1 Berserk Armor and travels a 1000 years where Guts puts on 1 Berserk armor, how many Berserk Armors are there on the Skull Knight?

-Griffith
Can you help me with my math probleme Griffith ? You look so good in math :p

Shurikn said:
According to the trans we have under our hands (thanks Saiki) Skully clearly said it was this one he wore onceCan you help me with my math probleme Griffith ? You look so good in math :p

Well, this is what I am talking about. Skully is not so clear when he is speaking.
Anyway I am not trying to say that I am right and you are wrong,
but I still like to defend the case because according to what has been said so far it could so nicely give an explanation of Skully's status right now.
Skully said that there is a flame that never burns out and the light that seems to be glowing inside his eyes made me think of that thing first place.
Anyway if Skully is not in some kinda berserker armour how do you explain him been around in the world of the living?
If you also remember Shielke said that another person kinda died(bleeded to death) in an armour like that.

Nosferatu

BERSERK
xechnao said:
1. Well, this is what I am talking about. Skully is not so clear when he is speaking.

2. Skully said that there is a flame that never burns out and the light that seems to be glowing inside his eyes made me think of that thing first place.

3. Anyway if Skully is not in some kinda berserker armour how do you explain him been around in the world of the living?

4. If you also remember Shielke said that another person kinda died(bleeded to death) in an armour like that.

1. Actually Skully was pretty clear on what he said. I just think that you have a problem comprehending his words.

2. The flame Skully is referring to is the Od in Gut's armour (the Berserk's armour) which never extinguishes. That flame kind of feeds the Beast inside Guts, and the Beast will try to manifest whenever Guts wears the armour.

3. If Skully is not in the Berserk's armour (which he isn't), then one could assume that he is in another armour. As for his prolonged existence, that hasn't been clarified yet. But, it's probably similar to the same reasons that Flora existed so long.

4. No, Schielke simply said that the former owner of the Berserk's armour died. At the time she said this, she didn't know who the Skullknight was. Skullknight was the one she was referring to. If you need more understanding, just re-read all the current translations. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom