A translations summary?

Sofus

I serve the God Hand
I was wondering if this is something that the older Berserk veterans can help me out with, or anyone else for that matter. As you might have noticed, I recently aquired all the current Berserk volumes, 1-21, but I did not buy the translations from aclimate solutions since I've heard that they are crap and expensive at that.

Now that I finally have them in my grasp (clutches, claws, tentacles) I urge to read them, especially volumes 13-21, I've managed to stay away from any spoilers so I don't know much of what happens! But although I started frequenting the BSOM bbs almost 2 years ago, and read and followed what followed there, I never got it in my stupid mind to save the occasional translations that popped up through there. For instance, I remember that there existed a page where translations for volume 13-16 (correct me where I'm wrong) were made and maintained by a Berserk otaku, think it was Eiras (again, correct me where I'm wrong), and I would very much like to obtain those translations of someone still has them! I'm asking since I can't seem to find the page anymore :(

Also, what other translations do exist besides the ones featured here (they are GREAT, very precise and exact) and the ones from Yong? Maybe this could be something for the FAQ, "What translations are currently known to exist" or something like that. I'm sure I'm not that only one that would be interested in this.

I can't stop beating my head about this, why the hell didn't I save all the translations I could get when I found them? I guess I figured I'd get them all when I got the manga, but I never thought I would wait this long before buying it.

Baka Sofus :)

Anyway, I'd appreciate any help on the matter, thanks a lot for keeping the Berserk community alive everyone

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the aclimate ones arent THAT bad, they just have bad english and skip around once in a while, and thats fine by me since I already have a pretty broad understanding about whats going on in the first place...andyou being a veteran of BSOM, should also know these things.

A FAQ addition about what trans. are currently available? I dunno...I think my Translations section is pretty complete in telling us that =). Erias translations dont count because theyre not on the net anymore, and from what I recall they were full of errors.

Sofus

I serve the God Hand
Actually the impression I've got is that it's generally better to wait for fan-translations, but if Eiras' works don't measure up I guess I'll have to go for Aclimate anyways.

Oh, and by the way, is there a place that still sells the Skullknight coldcast miniature? I've seen a pair of photos of it and it looks kickass, but animaxis doesn't even have it in their inventorylist anymore :(

Top Bottom