1000th topic! wh00t!

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
One and a half of a year ago I was the youngest one on skullknight.net, now there are alot of people my age here. What is it that gets younger and younger people into berserk? Was it the domestication of the anime? manga? or was it for an entirely outlandish reason like an ad in DCM?(ad in DCM for me lol)

P.S. it's the 1000th topic, can i get a prize?

Woraug

A credit to dementia
Re:Youngins

Young people go to forums to talk about pokemon, and DBZ and shit like that, and hear about Berserk. They look it up and come across this place.

ShinHell9

Woraug said:
Young people go to forums to talk about pokemon, and DBZ and shit like that, and hear about Berserk. They look it up and come across this place.
uh you're just as young as me ya know...unless you thought i meant kiddies

nir085

Horse and Armor

I doubt the anime has much to do with it. It's not like you see ベルセルク on Adult Swim or anything, and in the stores it's only available in a red cover with plenty of bloody images that may prevent children from picking it up for one reason or another. Also keep in mind that people in this board are from all over the world instead of just America. I too have noticed that there is like a new member per day and I agree with Woraug when he says that that can be attributed to general anime message boards. People who are ignorant about anime/Berserk probably associate Berserk with shows like DBZ and Ranma 1/2 solely because they are both cartoons that originated in Japan.

I'm sure the Dark Horse manga has something to do with it, especially since the level of intelligence evident in those editions is that of a 13-15 year old.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Seriously, How bad are they butchering it?

Please dont say too some general derogatory level but give me a pretty good approximation of how much they are messing up. Like just guess a percentage. Becuase I really cant see this as targeting somenone who could not appreciate it. (and if its that butchered, I'll just get the Japanese version after i finish learning the language)

edit: the way its translated cant be the real reason for the influx can it.

2 edit: It's a general bad idea to associate Berserk with DBZ. ones really far out there and kind of superheroish while the other is dark, harsh, and gritty.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
I dont like young people finding out about berserk. Whenever im shopping with a friend and we are in a store that sells anime, i quickly run find the berserk and hide it. My foolish imature friends would ruin berserk. Imature people should not be able to view berserk because they simply do not understand its beauty. I am in highschool and I find myself with not alot of friends of my age group because they are young in the mind. I like this berserk commmunity becuase no one really is imature about berserk. They usualy respect it. When berserk manga came to america i got kind of angry knowing foolish idiots can get there hands on it. But i notice they rap the manga up in plastic so any random person cant look through it without buying it. thats one good thing.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Are you sure they could ruin Berserk. I've watched complete idiots watch it and come to mature revelations. And those manga are 'not' all wrapped up it matters what store you go to.

Edit: I agree that this particular community seems to have a pretty good maturity level either through attraction or exclusion it has developed a decent level. Much better than others i have seen.

ShinHell9

Aconyro said:
Are you sure they could ruin Berserk. I've watched complete idiots watch it and come to mature revelations. And those manga are 'not' all wrapped up it matters what store you go to.

Edit: I agree that this particular community seems to have a pretty good maturity level either through attraction or exclusion it has developed a decent level. Much better than others i have seen.
better than the hawks

Berserk can only be enjoyed by mature minds. It's entirely impossible to get a moron to sit down and watch/read Berserk. It's a mature and sophicated series with sophicated ideas that the average stereotype wouldn't understand. It's also the best manga I've read to date.

I got my dad to watch Berserk and he loved it. I'm going to get him to read the manga eventually. I've gotten several of my friends into Berserk as well as my 13-year-old brother.

Berserk is in a league of its own. Nothing can rival it!

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I think its less about stupid people reading it, and more about stupid people probably not wanting to read it because, "it makes my brain hurt".

As for sk.net's maturity level, let's just say its about 20% attraction and 100% exclusion. Hey, this site always gives 120%!

Renegade said:
Berserk can only be enjoyed by mature minds. It's entirely impossible to get a moron to sit down and watch/read Berserk. It's a mature and sophicated series with sophicated ideas that the average stereotype wouldn't understand. It's also the best manga I've read to date.

I got my dad to watch Berserk and he loved it. I'm going to get him to read the manga eventually. I've gotten several of my friends into Berserk as well as my 13-year-old brother.

Berserk is in a league of its own. Nothing can rival it!

I've done that with my friends try and get them hook on Berserk. Last year I got at least 10 people hooked on Berserk, 2 of them are girls also. 8)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well i dont really think that theres many young people into berserk. I mean i got into berserk when i was 14 maybe about last summer, and i got into it by buying the whole anime set. I remember saving up my allowance that my dad would give me (which would take like 2 weeks to buy one dvd disk) and trying to search for the next dvd disk of the set. Where i live, Berserk is not that widespread and really only a couple people that i know even heard of berserk. No advertisements or anything got me interested, it was just pure luck that i picked off some anime episodes off the shelf. Who knew this would be my favorite anime/manga of all time ;D.

For all you people who say you don't like young people getting into it, why not? What do you see as "young"? I don't think it should be how young you are agewise, I think it should be ranked how new you are to berserk. Malf, how do you label person "immature"? High school its kinda hard to find someone immature, I mean people dont run around with high price trading cards or talk about it like a 5th grader, do they? Elders could be immature too ;D.

But if your talking about little kids, (elementry), I dont think they should be watching berserk. Dont want some kid running around with a mark on his neck calling himself guts, killing people with a knife, do we now?

ShinHell9

DemonX said:
But if your talking about little kids, (elementry), I dont think they should be watching berserk. Dont want some kid running around with a mark on his neck calling himself guts, killing people with a knife, do we now?
I'll specify it right now, when i say young I mean people in highschool, people near my age.

but anyway I disagree with you about high school bieng mature. I feel they are not at all close to mature, so many people in my school are as intolerant and racist as a man from the KKK. Also so many in my school are caught up "wit bien gangsta". Some high schools though like styvesant are mature because they're schools full of diverse people. Not a school full of white dudes who steal rap culture and make fun of anything they aren't. A friend of mine gets made fun of for always getting drunk, yet thats what they're all doing. at least he does it in dockstreet (rock bar that allows 16yr olds in) instead of them in a dark alleyway with a dimebag in thier wallet....kinda went off on a rant, sorry. no time to even proof read that, screw it. you should get my point.

ShinHell9

Smith said:
I got my friend hooked up on Berserk...

P.S It was my brother that introduce me this manga 8)
souns like me, my older brothers friend is a berserk fan and he told my brother to tell me about it, and i said "well I uh saw an ad in DCM". And I got my friend Juste hooked on it.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Malf said:
I dont like young people finding out about berserk. Whenever im shopping with a friend and we are in a store that sells anime, i quickly run find the berserk and hide it. My foolish imature friends would ruin berserk. Imature people should not be able to view berserk because they simply do not understand its beauty. I am in highschool and I find myself with not alot of friends of my age group because they are young in the mind. I like this berserk commmunity becuase no one really is imature about berserk. They usualy respect it. When berserk manga came to america i got kind of angry knowing foolish idiots can get there hands on it. But i notice they rap the manga up in plastic so any random person cant look through it without buying it. thats one good thing.
I declare that people with shitty spelling and grammar cannot read Berserk, so you better never look at that manga again!

ShinHell9

Kevin Sorbo said:
I declare that people with shitty spelling and grammar cannot read Berserk, so you better never look at that manga again!
dude, who said you could revive my post? I mean it is for a good enough reason but seriously...

Top Bottom