Emotions in Berserk

As we have seen so far in Berserk emotions come into play, but not so much that it becomes a soap opera. The emotions that are made very clear in the series are hate, fear, blood lust, ambition, pride, those are the ones I feel are most present. Well the reason why I wanted to start this post is just to see if there were any parts in the series so far that you felt held emotions that are significant. I first thought of emotions because Slann seems to be desperate for emotions. It seems to me that the monsters feed off emotions.

The part in the story so far that I felt had emotional significance is when the group of hawks go resuce Griff. Specifically the thoughts and attitudes between Guts and Caskca. This is the part that I think shows the most emotion of envy maybe...Hmm well just my thought. It seems that Guts never really shows the emotion of envy/jealousy of Caskca liking Griff...

Is there any emotion that you feel has not come up in the series? or Is there one part where you feel has been over looked?

Well I will leave the topic up for thoughts now. If you have any.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
KC said:
The part in the story so far that I felt had emotional significance is when the group of hawks go resuce Griff. Specifically the thoughts and attitudes between Guts and Caskca. This is the part that I think shows the most emotion of envy maybe...Hmm well just my thought. It seems that Guts never really shows the emotion of envy/jealousy of Caskca liking Griff...

Um, maybe because he was so wrapped up in thoughts of Griffith himself.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Pah, there was alot more love and emotion when guts was talking to caska right before they had sex. About him admitting to killing gambino, and so to say "letting his chains loose". Then it showed a picture of caska and gutts laying togeather sleeping so calmly (the picture i colored of them; it should be in the creation station). That picture was the most touching moment thoughout the whole berserk series to me.

If anything Gripped me emotionally it would have to be in volume 10 when Guts finds Griffith in the dungeon all messed up, it was a sad part that was done well.

nir085

Horse and Armor
The Great Eclipse ending moved me in many different ways...all at once. I found all of the Hawks' deaths to be very sad, but at the same time I knew it would make the story much cooler, since stories based on vengeance always end up appealing to me more than regular medieval/political stories (not that I disliked the Taka no Dan or anything). I found Pippin's death to be sad because he is just such an honorable, gentle giant. I'm glad to see that at least he died a noble death though.
Well I guess Yurius' death was kind of sad just because he was such an unfortunate man, even if he was an arrogant asshole. Serpico burning his mother and the woman who got executed in the Tower of Rebirth too. The rest I could care less about. Some of them even made me laugh.

The saddest part of Berserk is really when you are just getting into the series, because the dark atmosphere requires a little bit more adaptation than any of the animes I've seen.

Lauralana

That's Hot
I agree with all that people have mentioned above. But i also wanted to add that I found vol 22 to be sad. It's painful to watch Guts and all that he does to save/protect caska b/c he loves her; meanwhile, she is oblivious to it all.

Well in 22, after guts hurt and abused caska, it was sad to see how their relationship deteriorated. Ever since then, she won't let him get near her or touch her. If she was sane she would know that it was a mistake, and she would understand all the inner demons that Guts battles on a daily basis.

So i feel one of the sadder aspects of berserk is the Caska/Guts relationship: what it was compared to what it has become.

Just notice the way he looks at her sometimes.....

Top Bottom