Question to people who identify with griffith

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ELEKTROFUNK

Hi I am rather new. I am a 21year ola Psy student and an anime fan. I liked the tv series and I have also seeked out the manga on the Internet and loved it so far.

Currently I am doing a proyect and I had a question to ask Berserk fans specially Griffith fans and those who identify themselves with him. In my opinion Griffith is the classical representation of the ideal "Prince" (in maquiavelys term in his book the prince).
Since many people seem to identify with griffith and also admire his characters determination to seek out his dream. I wanted to ask you some questions:

Do you identify yourselves with Griffith?

Would you do anything to reach your Goal?

If so would you even Sex with a Rich Man?

In my opinion griffith is a bisexual, since he was so obssesed with gatts...

(I hope I dont get flamed for this one :) )

But do people who identify with griffith tend to have homosexual or bisexual tendencies?

Thanks for the answers in advance.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Bueno mi querido colega... es claro de q las contestaciones no van a ser muy bonitas... pero quiero documentar una cosa....he aprendido algo muy importante en esta orgia cybernetica de Dioses de Berserk..."nunca mezcles arroz con bacalao y empanadillas"
-Gracias

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
ELEKTROFUNK said:
Hi I am rather new. I am a 21year ola Psy student and an anime fan. I liked the tv series and I have also seeked out the manga on the Internet and loved it so far.

Currently I am doing a proyect and I had a question to ask Berserk fans specially Griffith fans and those who identify themselves with him. In my opinion Griffith is the classical representation of the ideal "Prince" (in maquiavelys term in his book the prince).
Since many people seem to identify with griffith and also admire his characters determination to seek out his dream. I wanted to ask you some questions:

But do people who identify with griffith tend to have homosexual or bisexual tendencies?

::) You weren't doing too badly until you got to the part about sexuality. You state that griffith is bisexual for being obsessed with gatts, but the reverse is also true, so is gatts also bisexual? Somehow I don't think so.

At any rate, why do you assume obsession has to be based upon sexual attraction? Why can't two people of the same sex have a great amount of plutonic love for each other?

Oh and do people who identify with griffith tend to have homosexual or bisexual tendencies? I don't know the answer to that but I do know you've managed to nominate yourself for an ip ban after only one post. Good going.

Lauralana

That's Hot
ELEKTROFUNK said:

hmmmmm........ are you sure ur 21?

E

ELEKTROFUNK

waqas said:
At any rate, why do you assume obsession has to be based upon sexual attraction? Why can't two people of the same sex have a great amount of plutonic love for each other?

Oh and do people who identify with griffith tend to have homosexual or bisexual tendencies? I don't know the answer to that but I do know you've managed to nominate yourself for an ip ban after only one post. Good going.

1: I want to start off with this:
a)Fact Griffith had sex with a male... .

b)Gatts was for griffith his precious posession which he "won". It is often said that men have "won" over their women.

c) The way griffith is portrayed is like a man that looks so fragile and his factions are that of a woman... (maybe they are trying to state something else there?) ( he had sex with both man and women in the series also)

2:
I just wanted for mature people to state their opinion. I didnt mean this as statement , it is a question, and just like you did you can either answer it or not.

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
ELEKTROFUNK said:
1: I want to start off with this:
a)Fact Griffith had sex with a male... .

Fact - When griffith slept with Gennon the hawks were just a shitty little bunch of no hopers in midland with no chance of getting anywhere. Griffith was smart enough to realise that if he wanted a better army he would need money. Enter Gennon, a rich peadophile. Griffith used gennon for his money becuase he knew that this was the only way to get a large amount of cash to finance his army.

After the hawks sacked doldrey castle Griffith once again met Gennon, at which point he tells him that he was just a "stepping stone" in his path that helped him get where he needed to go in life. And then he killed him.

b)Gatts was for griffith his precious posession which he "won". It is often said that men have "won" over their women.

When a man believes he has "won" a woman, its only because he got what he wanted and in the process affirmed his masculinity, it has little to do with his love for her (though that love coul be real). Griffith wanted to posses Guts in the same way.

c) The way griffith is portrayed is like a man that looks so fragile and his factions are that of a woman... (maybe they are trying to state something else there?) ( he had sex with both man and women in the series also)

Of I see, Griffith must be gay because he looks it. Ok.

Well, I believe sexuality is a very complicated thing that environment and culture influences have a lot to do about it.
In that sense, every man or woman could be (that is, has the potential) a gay, a straight or a bis or even belong to a more extreme "registred" category (bestiality or other stuff like that).
Anyway, japanesse hentai are full of it. Why ask it over here, to a Berserk fan site, where people are more interested to a totally different aspect of the manga?
And about the question (if we identify ourselves with one character of the story) I don't believe you hit the spot. No one overhere, I believe does such a thing. Berserk has a highly involving story, if you follow it, because of the mysteries and unanswered riddles the writer biulds, but also, it has very nice art with beautiful medieval and dark fantasy drawings, that is from scenery to sword action and gore.
The rest of the questions, I find them stupid or lame to ask. Don't know why, but more I grow older, the more I attain the convinction that university should start from 25 years old. At least when it comes to non technical staff such as psychology.

Lauralana

That's Hot
xechnao said:
The rest of the questions, I find them stupid or lame to ask. Don't know why, but more I grow older, the more I attain the convinction that university should start from 25 years old. At least when it comes to non technical staff such as psychology.

Ya see, this is why i asked if he really was 21. The content in his posts boast a much younger mentaility.

Elektrofunk, i suggest that u read some one the older topic and threads on this site. There is a wealth of knowledge there. Maybe then your questions will be answered and you'll see Berserk as something more than a playground for sexually confused characters. ;).

p.s. I'm just messin with you, babe. :-* I'm not flamin you either, but sexual identity is the last thing you should focus on within berserk. If you do that you're missin the point

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
xechnao said:
Well, I believe sexuality is a very complicated thing that environment and culture influences have a lot to do about it.
In that sense, every man or woman could be (that is, has the potential) a gay, a straight or a bis or even belong to a more extreme "registred" category (bestiality or other stuff like that).
Anyway, japanesse hentai are full of it. Why ask it over here, to a Berserk fan site, where people are more interested to a totally different aspect of the manga?
And about the question (if we identify ourselves with one character of the story) I don't believe you hit the spot. No one overhere, I believe does such a thing. Berserk has a highly involving story, if you follow it, because of the mysteries and unanswered riddles the writer biulds, but also, it has very nice art with beautiful medieval and dark fantasy drawings, that is from scenery to sword action and gore.

Jesus CHRIST! Its not that fucking complicated ;(. Griffith is not gay, or bi. Period. He just has this fem side that portrays his physical appearance. For instance, he killed gennon when he met up with him. Why is this? Its not because of what gennon did to him that night, or even if gennon got mad. He simply killed him because he just wanted to make sure no one finds out about him and gennon, as from the quote in volume 8 "It would be bad for me if you spread any stupid rumers with that big mouth of yours" (probably not 100% precise, because its from the hawk's scanlations).

And dont tell me that griffith wanted guts in a sexual way. In the anime it may have made his voice sound like hes a homo, but its only common sense that he just wanted guts for winning his wars, and as his main "powerhouse" man. It was only later till he developed a friendship with him.

Just so you know im not flaming you xech and Elektrofunk, im just trying to be informative ;D.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

xechnao said:

I disagree with you when you say that sexuality is complex, only people with a stretch point of view make sexuality a complex thing. Sure different cultures have different impacts on people on the terms of "what do descent people do" and this may cause them to repress themselves in many levels.

xechnao said:
In that sense, every man or woman could be (that is, has the potential) a gay, a straight or a bis or even belong to a more extreme "registred" category (bestiality or other stuff like that)

I don’t think that every man or woman can be (quoting you)"a gay, a straight or a bis or even belong to a more extreme "registred" category (bestiality or other stuff like that)".

I don’t think that everybody haves the potential to be "a gay, a straight or a bis or even belong to a more extreme "registred" category (bestiality or other stuff like that)"

You sound like a teacher telling their students they can be anything. You don’t turn in to a homosexual, you are just born that way. I actually feel insulted when you say that everyone haves to potential to be in to bestiality. (even though I just think that you have many grammatical problems when trying to expressing your opinions )

xechnao said:

You seem to have a problem with sexual related topics. I am not in to Hentai and I think berserk is a great work of art with well built characters (griffith being one). I think that berserk attract people for many different Reasons. The characters depth and their deep psychological characteristics being one. ( maybe that’s why I posted it in the characters cove?)

xechnao said:
you follow it, because of the mysteries and unanswered riddles the writer biulds, but also, it has very nice art with beautiful medieval and dark fantasy drawings, that is from scenery to sword action and gore.

That’s your reason for liking berserk. The only thing I agree with you is that the art is nice :).

xechnao said:
Don't know why, but more I grow older, the more I attain the convinction that university should start from 25 years old. At least when it comes to non technical staff such as psychology.

And one last thing you need to learn to express yourself better. For someone who thinks so highly in means of opinions you have poor grammar and disorganized ideas. While I was reading your post I found myself asking myself if Tarzan wrote this down when i read lines like: "but more i grow older" and "at least when it comes to non technical staff"(<- fallic simbol) and this is only 2 lines of your post ;).

P.S. By the way its spelled conviction not convintion.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Lauralana said:
p.s. I'm just messin with you, babe. :-* I'm not flamin you either, but sexual identity is the last thing you should focus on within berserk. If you do that you're missin the point

Berserk is very sexually charged. If it is that way maybe Griffith portrays bisexuality also. BErserk has already portrayed rape, pedophile, bestiality. I don't think it would be out of the question that Griffith could be a Bisexual (as i said before he has had sex with both men and women in the series)

E

ELEKTROFUNK

DemonX said:
Jesus CHRIST! Its not that fucking complicated ;(. Griffith is not gay, or bi. Period. He just has this fem side that portrays his physical appearance. For instance, he killed gennon when he met up with him. Why is this? Its not because of what gennon did to him that night, or even if gennon got mad. He simply killed him because he just wanted to make sure no one finds out about him and gennon, as from the quote in volume 8 "It would be bad for me if you spread any stupid rumers with that big mouth of yours" (probably not 100% precise, because its from the hawk's scanlations).

And dont tell me that griffith wanted guts in a sexual way. In the anime it may have made his voice sound like hes a homo, but its only common sense that he just wanted guts for winning his wars, and as his main "powerhouse" man. It was only later till he developed a friendship with him.

Just so you know im not flaming you xech and Elektrofunk, im just trying to be informative ;D.

You have a good point of view.

DemonX said:

By the time Gatts beated Griffith. Griffith hadn't as much need of him as before (since he already burned everyone needed to at the time and he already had a good title and already charmed the princess), as you know Griffith had been cold and calculative in the whole series, yet gatts beats him and for the first and only time so far he fucks up. As we all know if griffith would have been in his cold calculative mind he would have left the king had sex with his daughter and then griffith would have gone off to marry her with the kings blessings. Griffith had no friends he would forget his dream for not for a moment(hell he sacrificed them all) but when gatts left him he did sort of freak out. Perhaps that shows that he "loved" and "desired" gatts?

Guts and Griffith were like brothers. They were the best of friends. Griffith was devastated when Guts left because he came to rely on him, as a brother or a good friend might do sometimes. No need to bring psychology into the mix, especially if you're gonna call a character gay when they aren't.

nir085

Horse and Armor
You're a moron. ELEKTROFUNK is absolutely right. Berserk is a psychoanalytical yaoi manga. Gutts sword was created to symbolize something very nasty, which is why everytime he thrusts his sword into another man's head it is to represent the nasty. It's no coincidence either that Gutts never killed a female character; the only reason his sword even pierced Slann was because she is bisexual, but she lived on because she is a woman.

I identify with Griffith instead of Gutts because I sacrificed 200 comrades the other day because I want to rule Great Britain, causality's new Midland.

ELEKTROFUNK said:
I don’t think that everybody haves the potential to be "a gay, a straight or a bis or even belong to a more extreme "registred" category (bestiality or other stuff like that)"

You sound like a teacher telling their students they can be anything. You don’t turn in to a homosexual, you are just born that way.
I could agree with you but do you have any proof of what you are saying?
I mean that people are born homosexuals?
On the other hand I have lots of true examples from nature and culture (and society) that indicate exactly what I said.

ELEKTROFUNK said:
(even though I just think that you have many grammatical problems when trying to expressing your opinions )You seem to have a problem with sexual related topics. I am not in to Hentai and I think berserk is a great work of art with well built characters (griffith being one). I think that berserk attract people for many different Reasons. The characters depth and their deep psychological characteristics being one. ( maybe that’s why I posted it in the characters cove?)That’s your reason for liking berserk. The only thing I agree with you is that the art is nice :).And one last thing you need to learn to express yourself better. For someone who thinks so highly in means of opinions you have poor grammar and disorganized ideas. While I was reading your post I found myself asking myself if Tarzan wrote this down when i read lines like: "but more i grow older" and "at least when it comes to non technical staff"(<- fallic simbol) and this is only 2 lines of your post ;).

P.S. By the way its spelled conviction not convintion.

Did I press a wrong button or something?
Anyway about the language prob, english is not my native so you'll have to do with this.

Lauralana

That's Hot
ELEKTROFUNK said:
Berserk is very sexually charged. If it is that way maybe Griffith portrays bisexuality also. BErserk has already portrayed rape, pedophile, bestiality. I don't think it would be out of the question that Griffith could be a Bisexual (as i said before he has had sex with both men and women in the series)

Everyone is entitled to make their own opinion/ speculation/questions/ whatever when it comes to Berserk and what the future storyline will be. But what you are focusing on is both irrelevant
and ungrounded.

If you truly believe that griffith is bisexual/ gay or whatever b/c of his relationship with Guts and Gennon, u prove that you truly know nothing about his character and his motives. If you are basis all of your opinions on the anime or some shitty Hawks translation(which it seems like you are) you really need to read the manga.

And do u even know what a bisexual is? A bisexual is an individual that receives pleasure from having sex with both males and females. Yes, Griffith had sex with a man; No, he did get pleasure from the act. Please take this idiotic topic over to the Hawks bbs.

I really wish an administrator would lock this topic; or maybe use it as reference to new members as "stupid ideas you should not make new topic for".

You're not at thehawks anymore, Lauralana. Your account's been deleted...
What happened?

This topic has no chance of succeeding so I thought I'd drag it off course.

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
Well umm... my view is pretty open and subject to change anytime but currently this is what I remember in Berserk that may address some of your points...

I don't know how relevant it is that Griffith having slept with Gannon could indicate that he may be bi/gay.

-After he slept with Gennon, he bathed in the river and started scraping his skin with his finger nails. It seemed that within that moment, that he was ashamed/angry with himself for sleeping with Gennon. Unless it's some sort of psycological repression that he just discovered about himself, or whatever, it really seemed that he hated sleeping with Gennon. So to me, that case in point concerning Gennon himself is nul.

-I don't know how far you are in the manga but Griffith went to rescue Charlotte, when he could basically take over the kingdom through means of conquering the Kushan army. Seems like he really has a genuine 'warm spot' for her.

-Well it seems that Muira gave his answer through Caska as to why Griffith practically broke down when Gutts defeated him and left.
(unless the trans I read was way off) Caska said that Griffith needed to be stronger than everyone.
And as I see it...
Gutts showed that he was stronger physically, and skill wise.
Also, Griffith's ambition for his dream was also a part of his strength, and his dream was the 'bonfire' compared to the sparks, therefore his dream was stronger than anyone else, he was strongest... That is until Gutts chose to follow his dream and to do so, had to contest against Griffith's own. Gutts broke away, and that may seem to Griffith that Gutts' was stronger than him in that aspect aswell, and that aspect defined Griffith.
Gutts was once Griffith's possession, and the possession surpassed its possessor.
IMO Gutts didn't break his heart, he broke Griffith.
Gutts was the only one that made Griffith forget his dream... IMO meaning Griffith saw Gutts as above it, above him...
Gutts wanted equality to Griffith, but in the process of doing so, surpassed Griffith in Griffith's eyes.

The thing is, whatever Griffith's sexual basis is... His dream took presedence over that sexual part of him.

Whatever, that's how I see it...

Lauralana

That's Hot
Renegade said:
You're not at thehawks anymore, Lauralana. Your account's been deleted...
What happened?

This topic has no chance of succeeding so I thought I'd drag it off course.

Haha, ya this is a good way to drag it off course.

Ya i deleted it. I wasn't posting at all, and there is no point in having an account that i don't use. i think my post count was like 3 or something. Plus another member there kept pming me....So i got rid of the account.

It's nice to know that your stalking my bbs movements, Renegade. :p I'm flattered :-*

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
Lauralana said:
Haha, ya this is a good way to drag it off course.

Ya i deleted it. I wasn't posting at all, and there is no point in having an account that i don't use. i think my post count was like 3 or something. Plus another member there kept pming me....So i got rid of the account.

It's nice to know that your stalking my bbs movements, Renegade. :p I'm flattered :-*

Thats what happens when attactive girls post their pictures on geek message boards.

BTW, why didn't you reply to my messages? ;)

E

ELEKTROFUNK

waqas said:
Thats what happens when attactive girls post their pictures on geek message boards.

BTW, why didn't you reply to my messages? ;)

Example of a stalker :O.

Who you calling a moron nir085. If that was direct at me let me try to enlighten you to what I ment. There's no need to bring psych into a fantasy world with characters that aren't real. Anyone can say that these people are messed up in some way without the need of psychoanalyzing them. It's just a manga, it's not life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom