Episode 238

Status
Not open for further replies.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Doppelganger said:
One question I had though-- what is the stage after the Warrior, QUeeN typhonblue? Seriously. I'm curious where you think that is heading.

The Magus archetype is the next stage. A Magus does as he wills because he wills it and doesn't use ideologies, expectations or other people as explainations for his actions.

Muira always forshadows significant plot events, a smaller, parallel incident preceeds a larger, more significant incident, building the story up like a spiral. These smaller incidents often provide insight into possible resolutions of the larger incidents where the larger remain unresolved. For instance, Griffith's rape of Caska was forshadowed by Griffith forcing himself on her in the tent when they were encamped and waiting for the rest of the band. Caska reacted to that by forgiving and embracing Griffith. This may provide a clue as to how she will react to Griffith's attack during the eclipse when/if she is cured. Another clue to Muira's next move, is Caska's reaction to Guts after he saved her in the Berserker Armor. Once again she withdrew from him. Guts reacted by smiling, but what if she withdraws from him after being cured? That will be the true test of his resolve to stay a Warrior, and also another step on the path to becoming a Magus.

Because of that I predict if Caska is cured she will reject Guts' desire for revenge. Perhaps not initially(although I'm sure her ambivalence will be made obvious), but at the crutial moment she won't be able to stand with Guts and may actively oppose him in killing Griffith.

All we can do is wait and see.

OK, so...

Guts is happy to hear that Casca may be cured, but the Skull Knight reminds him that it won't be that easy... and that what Guts wants may not necessarily be what Casca wants (I wonder if Guts heard that one...?).
Meanwhile, Casca discovers a very young child on the beach. They all wonder who the kid may be (Schierke senses something strange about him, but... oh well... (oi)).
They then all discuss the news about the Fairy king. Of course, they ask Puck why he didn't tell them anything about that, and when he doesn't answer, Evarella and Isidro conclude that he probably didn't know (hmm...).
Guts, Casca and the child kinda look like a family to the others (some of them are a bit... troubled by the idea).
Guts then thinks about his child and how he saw him for the last time at Albion ('looks like he doesn't know that he became Griffith's vessel)...
The episode ends with a crocodile-looking Apostle (?) appearing in the sea...

Hmmm... Tsukkomidokoro mansai...

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Olivier Hague said:

Yeah... this chapter IS chock full of things to delve into, isn't it... o.o

A: Puck is definitely hiding some kind of knowledge relating to the elf king.

B: There must be a point to this random child, and a reason why something is "strange" about him...

C: I wonder if Skully meant it wouldn't be easy to cure Casca, or just that it wouldn't be easy to deal with her once she's cured... ^-^; Or maybe both.

D: Insane Casca recognizes her child, most likely... will she recognize Griffith as her child when she's sane, or will her head implode? And if she does know, what will Guts think when she tells him?

E: On top of all this... MORE FIGHTING!

This is the kind of stuff that makes peoples' brains stretch in all directions at once. It hurts, but it hurts good. =)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yes, thank you Olivier!

Olivier Hague said:
OK, so...

Guts is happy to hear that Casca may be cured, but the Skull Knight reminds him that it won't be that easy... and that what Guts wants may not necessarily be what Casca wants (I wonder if Guts heard that one...?).

The foreshadowing continues to move in a direction I like. Thanks Miura. =) I can’t wait to see Guts brush that one off.

Olivier Hague said:
Meanwhile, Casca discovers a very young child on the beach. They all wonder who the kid may be (Schierke senses something strange about him, but... oh well... (oi)). ...?).

Yes, my shock and awe speculation payed off, I totally guessed that one!!!

Griffith said:
The only other thing I can think of (besides something purely speculative; a new character, just a moon metaphor, etc.) is that it has to do with her child and Griffith somehow?

Look at that, right on the nose; exactly! ^_^;

Anyway, kidding aside, I’ll be the first to say that it actually is Guts’ and Casca’s child somehow. A perfect world where dreams come true can do that. Any other takers on what the hell is the deal with this kid besides obvious symbolic meaning?

Griffith said:
They then all discuss the news about the Fairy king. Of course, they ask Puck why he didn't tell them anything about that, and when he doesn't answer, Evarella and Isidro conclude that he probably didn't know (hmm...).

All hail Prince Puck!

Griffith said:
Guts, Casca and the child kinda look like a family to the others (some of them are a bit... troubled by the idea).
Guts then thinks about his child and how he saw him for the last time at Albion ('looks like he doesn't know that he became Griffith's vessel)...

Very cool direction, unexpected as fuck too (at least at this point).

Griffith said:
The episode ends with a crocodile-looking Apostle (?) appearing in the sea...

Expected as fuck, but no less awesome. ;D

-Griffith

P.S. Gray is right, sounds like this has everything.

Graywords said:
I'm not sure. It could just be a gag.
('kinda reminds me of the "it's MY Beherit" scene...)
Well, we'll have to wait and see the actual episode, I guess... Hopefully, it'll clear things up (this time)...
C: I wonder if Skully meant it wouldn't be easy to cure Casca, or just that it wouldn't be easy to deal with her once she's cured...
The former. They must get to Elfhelm first.

do you think Puck could have exiled from Elfheim, and thats why he doesnt divelge knowledge of it. or possibly that he was just an on-looker around the outskirts of the city, and the city was either too brutal, or too yuppie for the little guy, and he ran off without knowing what really happend there.

and the strange child.....i hate to say hes obviously not an apostle, or a spy, but im afraid i cant rule anything out. personally i think hes just some creature, or altered human thats going to get them in trouble in Elfhiem

PS: i apologize about possibly mis-spelling Elfheim

sorry for the edit; but i just thought maybe the Elf King is a deviant trickster, and that could possibly the difficulty behind curing Casca and the reason behind Puck leaving. Could be that Puck left because as elf mature they do become deviant and Puck left because thats not how he is. i know thats involved, but it just fit for me to say that Puck also had some level of tragic past, like _everyone_else_ in the story, and that hes not purely comedic relief

Another one with forsight like Sonia? Maybe this child had something link with Guts/Caska/Griffith...?

Who is the hell is this boy?

Btw izzit a crocodile apostle or it is the crocodile man it appeared in chapter 230...?

More fighting of course in the next chapter, but then maybe that boy have something up on his sleeve ;)

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
or maybe the baby is a way of introducing ganishka in guts world... (Since our lovely berserker is unaware of him)

Its an advanced daka that can transform between human and daka form. It and the crocodile man are apart of a unit in Ganishka's army to lay waste to the outskirt towns and cities to spread Ganishka's influence as well as prevent people from leaving his kingdom.

All joking aside, i have no idea what this new kid is. As for the croc/apostle I would think that most apostles would be in griffith's army now leaving the likelihood of guts running into just one be very slim, but who knows maybe my joke is right on the dot. ;D

Graywords said:

I tought someone speculated that some elves didn't know the existence of that king since they might never went on the island.. and i don't know own elf make babies but i don't think that the first thing they show to their babies is that there is a king on an "hidden" island...

nir085

Horse and Armor
There goes my Rickert theory...

Unless the child is Rickert :)

Olivier Hague said:
They all wonder who the kid may be (Schierke senses something strange about him, but... oh well... (oi)).

I wonder what all of this hints at... ::)

I think they could have done without the crocodile apostle/daka, because I can't possibly imagine why a random daka/apostle would have significance to the plot (that being Elfheim and the child). Hopefully it's not one of Ganishka's crocs because that is way too many plot hints for one chapter. Or maybe this croc apostle is like a distant cousin of the Kelpie, and this new child's powers will be demonstrated by making toast out of this "apostle".

Olivier Hague said:
Puck used to live there. We know that.
Ok thanks Olivier ! Maybe i'm just not where we are informed of this in my re-reading and i haven't read much about the speculation i was refering to..

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Strangely enough Schierke did know about the elf king and Evarella that is a elf too and Schierke's shadow didn't. I mean she could have given a little glance at what Schierke was reading ( she lives on her hat after all and she seems so well informed about eveything else). Also it should be common knowledge among the elves about who their kings is even if they happen to live far away from their motherland, and more so since he is a legendary figure mentioned in many books..

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
I HAD AN ORGASM UPON READING THIS!!! A NEW CHARACTER!!! Finally, a new character that might not be some whacked out monster from the middle east.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Ugh, it only took you guys 20 posts to run this into the ground.

Okay, is it actually their kid? Yes or no, then, justify your answer while acknowledging the likely alternatives. Like this…

1. Yes, it is. Casca’s and her child’s longing for each other has reunited them in this “perfect” world in this new form. The strange sense Schierke gets from the child is caused by the fact that the child is purely an ethereal being come to life. Like a Fairy or Troll.

2. No, it is not. It is an ethereal child brought on by Casca’s longing for her own, and is her’s in a sense, but it is not THEE child.

3. It’s a trap set by Griffith! The baby will explode on the way to Elfheim (thanks, Graywords).

See, is that so hard? There are no wrong answers at this point, just stupid one’s that don’t make any sense (but hey, they could down the road). =)

-Griffith

roberto999 said:
Strangely enough Schierke did know about the elf king and Evarella that is a elf too and Schierke's shadow didn't. I mean she could have given a little glance at what Schierke was reading ( she lives on her hat after all and she seems so well informed about eveything else).

Maybe elves can't read !?! ???

roberto999 said:
Also it should be common knowledge among the elves about who their kings is even if they happen to live far away from their motherland, and more so since he is a legendary figure mentioned in many books..

I think there must be different kind of elves, different races, so that Evarella may not be linked to Elfhelm and its King at all.

Even if it's true that Elfhelm's King seems to be called "King of Elves" by SK and Schierke... But maybe this means only King of Elfhelm's Elves, like Rochine was in a way the Queen of Misty Valley's "Elves".

Griffith said:
1. Yes, it is. Casca’s and her child’s longing for each other has reunited them in this “perfect” world in this new form. The strange sense Schierke gets from the child is caused by the fact that the child is purely an ethereal being come to life. Like a Fairy or Troll.

And also in the past the Demon Child used to appear before Guts when a danger was around, which is the case here, with this new Crocodile Ennemy approaching. Maybe another hint in this direction ?!?

Griffith said:
Ugh, it only took you guys 20 posts to run this into the ground.

Okay, is it actually their kid? Yes or no, then, justify your answer while acknowledging the likely alternatives. Like this…

2. No, it is not. It is an ethereal child brought on by Casca’s longing for her own, and is her’s in a sense, but it is not THEE child.

-Griffith

Spirits are born from a shared "idea" or belief of a mass of people, such as popular legends or myths.
And furthermore they could manifestate where the two worlds come together such as Qlipoth.
But maybe those in the interstice could be able to create their dreams and desires when in moonlight? We don't know about that but I can't exclude it.
Anyway ever heard that crocodiles cry as human babies to attract their prey? I have heard this before and maybe has to do something about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom