Episode 238

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
asmer said:
I think there must be different kind of elves, different races, so that Evarella may not be linked to Elfhelm and its King at all.

Well, Puck is a... "Piskie", I think it was? Maybe Evarella is a different kind of elf, hailing from somewhere else... (I'm having trouble remembering the scene where she talked about Piskies) ^^;

As for the boy... I'm assuming he's not an apostle disguised as a boy... seeing as there was no mention of blood-gushing brands on our two eclipse survivors. So at least one thing is probably ruled out.

Graywords said:
As for the boy... I'm assuming he's not an apostle disguised as a boy... seeing as there was no mention of blood-gushing brands on our two eclipse survivors. So at least one thing is probably ruled out.

They have a talisman that weakens the effects of the brand. However I am not saying the baby is an apostle. It could very well be a human baby that has something to do with the apostle (something like using it for a trap). But then again Shielke said she sensed something strange about it. Guess we' ll have to wait for the chapter and trans to see better what happens.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
xechnao said:
But maybe those in the interstice could be able to create their dreams and desires when in moonlight? We don't know about that but I can't exclude it.

And don't forget what Schierke said about the ocean and the astral plane. ;)

xechnao said:
Anyway ever heard that crocodiles cry as human babies to attract their prey? I have heard this before and maybe has to do something about.

... Xech, sometimes I get this feeling you are some kind of brilliant genius.

-Griffith

Graywords said:
Well, Puck is a... "Piskie", I think it was? Maybe Evarella is a different kind of elf, hailing from somewhere else... (I'm having trouble remembering the scene where she talked about Piskies) ^^;

On the translation posted by Eirias on this Board, it says:

Little transparent winged things...

Dude, they're all small!

Ah, there are!

They are the wind elementals.
Or Shilfe.

Elemental?

The four states of energy in the real world -- solid, liquid, energy, and gas -- resonate in the shadow world as elementals, symbolized accordingly as earth, water, fire, and wind.
These little ones are the heart and soul of the ethereal sky, guiding it as it blows around the world.

You guys are the wind? Wow, thanks for all the help...

What are you talkin' about? They our ancestors, ain't they?

Hah?

You're a Pixie right? We and the wind spirits, all the same family.

I'm a wind spirit!? (The shocking relevation! I thought I was a sort of chestnut!)

(Please tell me I'm not related to him...)

So maybe, in fact, they are related, and I was wrong. I don't know what to think ?!?... ???

nir085

Horse and Armor
I think the child is the demon baby and isn't the demon baby.

He is more like a projection of the demon baby's conscience. The child is basically a magical manifestation of that child's will and is able to have that kind of magic power by being corporeally linked to a reincarnated Godhand.

That, or the demon baby's entire spirit somehow escaped and possessed a dying child in response to the yearning for his parents, since he is now unable to assume his previous form.

Or maybe since Griffith was reincarnated, and the child is Griffith's vessel, the child was able to be reincarnated too.

My question is that if he is indeed the Demon Baby, why didn't he show up earlier? Did it really take that many volumes to escape Griffith's body (one way or another)? Was he dealing with Godhand? Perhaps he even spent some time in Elfhelm and will later be the link between Elfhelm and Gutts party...somehow.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
nir085 said:
The child is basically a magical manifestation of that child's will and is able to have that kind of magic power by being corporeally linked to a reincarnated Godhand.
Stop trying to sound like that cool guy Idea. It might get angered.
My question is that if he is indeed the Demon Baby, why didn't he show up earlier? Did it really take that many volumes to escape Griffith's body (one way or another)?
The ocean.

nir085 said:
That, or the demon baby's entire spirit somehow escaped and possessed a dying child in response to the yearning for his parents, since he is now unable to assume his previous form.

Or maybe since Griffith was reincarnated, and the child is Griffith's vessel, the child was able to be reincarnated too.

My question is that if he is indeed the Demon Baby, why didn't he show up earlier? Did it really take that many volumes to escape Griffith's body (one way or another)? Was he dealing with Godhand? Perhaps he even spent some time in Elfhelm and will later be the link between Elfhelm and Gutts party...somehow.

Walter said:
The ocean.

Are you saying that it was in the ocean from the times of the second eclipse? :eek:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
Are you saying that it was in the ocean from the times of the second eclipse? :eek:
No. What I meant was that it might be that Guts and Casca had to come in contact with the ocean to "activate" so-to-speak the demon child's ego and bring it back to the Mortal world.

Ok, here is what Shielke said:

"Scherkie - My mentor said, that the sea is connected to the Astral world.

Scherkie - Beautiful and kind. Creepy and terrifying. A sight connected to thousands of people's heartstrings.

Scherkie - A place like that is always connected to the Astral world.

Scherkie - At that time, i could only image.....

Scherkie - But now that I stand on a beach, I finally understand what my mentor meant

Scherkie - I am in a unknown place now."

Well, this sounds to me as an attempt to a description of a wizards' aspect of the world, a bit similar to the one Caska made to Guts about Griffith, Hawks and their dreams.
I mean, what Shielke has described about the ocean it could very be the air or wind, the space or the stars or even maybe a forest with its trees (Qlipoth?).
So, maybe the case is that a spirit baby wanting to be found by a mother could be generated by Caska's will, if the ocean's sight to Caska provoked that will and feelling in her -much the way it made Shielke speak about herself.
But I don't believe that this child has anything to do with the demon child.
It could make sense to me that this is a new spirit, much as Griffith said before but I would take it rather as a new one ( I wonder if it would look like to Caska and Guts to its traits? nah Caska hates Guts :'( ) than the ex demon child.

On the other hand Caska has allready seen her demon child and perhaps she has been emotionally connected to it. So maybe she didn't dream of a random child seeing the ocean. But this new baby doesn't sound like they' ve seen the demon child.

Wtf this sounds like Solaris which IMHO it was an awful movie ;D

Then again this child reminds of Gutts himself (found by a copy among a team of mercenaries) so it would also be plausible that this baby desire was more fed by Guts' will, than Caska's. But then again, Miura has never showed us Guts having this kind of thoughts.

I am not sure this baby could be a spirit such as it has been speculated so far. But admittedly such idea has grounds. Anyway, I say let's wait and see.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Olivier Hague said:
Guts is happy to hear that Casca may be cured, but the Skull Knight reminds him that it won't be that easy... and that what Guts wants may not necessarily be what Casca wants (I wonder if Guts heard that one...?).

he he ;D

As for the child, I think it's a manifestation of Caska's subconscious desires.

Shurikn said:
I have a question that i feel is dumb but i have to ask it... what's the difference between Pixies/Piscies and elfs ?

Elf = Piscies/Pixies
Elf = dwarves

They're all reffered to as elf

jjmai

Where the hell am I?
Shurikn said:
I have a question that i feel is dumb but i have to ask it... what's the difference between Pixies/Piscies and elfs ?
I always thought pixies are like Tinkerbell from Peterpan, while elves are like the ones in Lodoss War.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Shurikn said:

I believe that in Berserk, piskies are a wind-family type subgroup of elves.

MY question is, will there be all sorts of elves at Elfheim, or is it limited to mostly piskies? I estimate 6 or so chapters before we know for sure. ^^

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Graywords said:
I believe that in Berserk, piskies are a wind-family type subgroup of elves.

MY question is, will there be all sorts of elves at Elfheim, or is it limited to mostly piskies? I estimate 6 or so chapters before we know for sure. ^^
Well, don't want to sound like an ass, but imho the passage in Brittanis could take some time/episodes... I think Elfhelm isn't for now yet, and as says Skull Knight : going there for curing Casca won't be that easy... so expect a few volumes, I'd say.

Guil

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Er, what I meant was, a minimum of 6 episodes. ^_^; Yeah, it could take a LOT longer. But well, they ARE at the coast... once they actually *get* on a boat, I don't think it'll be more than 5 or 6 chapters. I don't think Miura would make an entire volume of boat trip... ^^;; but that's just my own guess.

(All this is assuming they even USE a boat to get to Elfhelm. There are other... possibilities ;p)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
xechnao said:
But maybe those in the interstice could be able to create their dreams and desires when in moonlight? We don't know about that but I can't exclude it.
then they are gods
Anyway ever heard that crocodiles cry as human babies to attract their prey? I have heard this before and maybe has to do something about.
Naaahh... this one has a clock ticking in its belly

I don't think Miura would make an entire volume of boat trip.

I agree. But what I think will happen is when they board the boat, the action will switch back to Griffith for a little while. And then will switch back to Guts when they are reaching Elfhelm.

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
dwarfkicker said:
I agree. But what I think will happen is when they board the boat, the action will switch back to Griffith for a little while. And then will switch back to Guts when they are reaching Elfhelm.
Surely, I'll agree with that...by the way...did the Chapter appear already?? ;D ???

lordofmasks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom