Episode 238

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saiki said:
Elf = Piscies/Pixies
Elf = dwarves

They're all reffered to as elf
So why don't we just use the same word in every translations ? I'm not a translator and i know nothing about japanese (except 2-3 words..). Why don't translators from the board don't just do a convention about that term ??

jjmai said:
I always thought pixies are like Tinkerbell from Peterpan, while elves are like the ones in Lodoss War.
These are worlds created by their authors.. so they can illustrate pixies/elfs the way they want to..

Graywords said:
I believe that in Berserk, piskies are a wind-family type subgroup of elves.
So there will be subgroups for every elemental right ?

Thanks for the answers everyone !

Shurikn said:
So why don't we just use the same word in every translations ? I'm not a translator and i know nothing about japanese (except 2-3 words..). Why don't translators from the board don't just do a convention about that term

Bcuz that's how they're said/written in the original. Puck was originally called an elf. Same with dwarves. Only when Scherkie came, they finally started calling them Pixies/Piscies, dwarves.

Saiki said:
Bcuz that's how they're said/written in the original. Puck was originally called an elf. Same with dwarves. Only when Scherkie came, they finally started calling them Pixies/Piscies, dwarves.

Excuses accepted :p

naaa, i'm the one to be sorry for that... I thought about Miura saying it in different ways.. let's say the way they are called differ from where they are in the country.. like the Greek/Roman mythology.. the gods are the same but are not called the samed way..

dariop

Helping Hand.
Re:238.

Bakou said:
Miura has done it again! 8)

http://war3.dnsalias.com/berserk_vol28_ch238_RAW.zip.torrent

would someone post the pics? We are not enough ppl to make torrent useful...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re:238.

dariop said:
would someone post the pics? We are not enough ppl to make torrent useful...

My shareaza says i'm getting it 35 kb/second. And i'm on a 56k right now! 8)

Anyway, I'll put it up when I get it. And if one of our members with ftp access gets it up first, remember to lower the filesize in photoshop so it doesn't hose the site.

-Griffith

P.S. Thank once again, Bakou.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Brilliant chapter, especially page 18. The facial expressions were just great! I can't wait to see who or what this child is, and if it really is Guts and Caska's offspring..

Graywords said:
He really DOES look like a genetic crossbreed between Guts and Casca, doesn't he ^_-
Yeah. I wasn't convinced about his possibly being Guts & Casca's son until I saw how closely he resembled both of them...and with all the references to their demon child, I'm sure this is some manifestation of their child. I kind of wonder if he'll disappear just as easily as he appeared. He might be the only reason Casca would -want- to regain/retain sanity, and the nature of his existence will have an impact on that.

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
What interests me is the way in which the child goes for the armor.

Just as the demon child warned guts of evil, perhaps he saw this armor as something evil. Very interesting...

M

medievald00d

Demented Swordsman said:
What interests me is the way in which the child goes for the armor.

Just as the demon child warned guts of evil, perhaps he saw this armor as something evil. Very interesting...
Or, maybe he's actually Gut's child, and was climbing up Gut's back. Kids do that sometimes ya know?

Yeap, have seen it. No need to read the translation to figure out it has to do with Caska (most propably being her baby desire).
It seems though like a four year old boy.
Caska hates Guts but the boy seems to like him. Would this boy be a good omen?
Well, I just hope not a totally good one. In the case it really seems to make out for their son I am afraid I couldn't like it. Was the party of troll haters (a couple of years ago) actually right?

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Can somebody please host it normally?

here in sweden I get 1-5kb/s in download speed on torrent... it's basically a worthless download system for me *smiles*

would apprechiate a normal hosting from someone, I'm dead curious!

Griffith

xechnao said:
Was the party of troll haters (a couple of years ago) actually right?

Nope. If anything these last three chapters prove what ignorant dogs they are; fan-double-tastic. Fuck you Troll haters, learn how to understand structure, development and flow! ;D

Anyway, yeah, I'll get to work on linking this bitch.

-Griffith

pheonixfenix said:
Or, maybe he's actually Gut's child, and was climbing up Gut's back. Kids do that sometimes ya know?

Caska's more likely. Remember also how she was staring the ocean (the look in her eyes) in chapter 237 to get the hint. Something similar as that of the beginning of 238 (in 237 perhaps something even more ominous).

M

medievald00d

xechnao said:
Caska's more likely. Remember also how she was staring the ocean (the look in her eyes) in chapter 237 to get the hint. Something similar as that of the beginning of 238 (perhaps even something more omniment).

correct me if i'm wrong...Caska's only had one child right? And that WAS Gut's child too... right?

pheonixfenix said:
correct me if i'm wrong...Caska's only had one child right? And that WAS Gut's child too... right?

Yeah, but Caska is hating Guts. But, yes it could be Guts child. Anyway it seems identical to Caska. But the fact it's a boy could hint to Guts.
Don't know man. But at least it's kinda sure it's Caska's. This is what I was trying to say: it is Caska's. If it is also Guts' (it could be) , I don't know with the same certaince.

Griffith

Hopefully Miura will do a DNA test scene to settle this stimulating debate on whose kid it actually is. ::)

Whatever the technicalities, the child's function as far as Casca and Guts are concerned is blatantly obvious.

Other random thoughts on this chapter; in addition to the obvious resemblence to Guts and Casca, the kid also paralells Griffith a bit. That creepy "perfectness" that seems like it's out of a fairy tale. The kid just doesn't look human, also the moonlight, the nakedness, it's all pretty awesome work by Miura. Oh yeah, and look at that hair when we first see him, POOF! ;D

-Griffith

www.skullknight.net/griffith/23801.jpg

Smaller, lower quality, still good.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
First Reaction: Holy Shit.

On reflection: I'm wondering a.) Is this actually is their kid (with the features it couldn't be anyone elses), or a demon trap/lure and b.) Assuming the former (which is where I'm leaning), if Guts will actually show a paternal side.

Oh, and I'm leaning towards it actually being Guts and Caska's (possibly Griffith's as well?) because that will be a huge event, and when Miura surprises us, he tends to go all out. Other manga's would just have it be a demon in disguise or something, which could lead to some character development, but I think him being their actual child would open up a lot more possibilities, and be much more interesting.

Plus, with all the magic in the air, a plausible explanation by the rules of Berserk's universe, as they've been shown so far, can be made.

Oh, and the boy has Guts's lower face structure, and skin coloration (well, at least as far as one can tell in black and white).

nir085

Horse and Armor
I don't know why chapter 228 is listed on the main page under volume 28, but thanks Griffith/Bakou/Saiki.

Chapter was interesting, but I wonder how long it will take for the crew to reach Elfhelm at this rate. At least they have a great addition to their party, hopefully assuming that it is a permanent addition. As for the croc at the end of the chapter, maybe it's just a spy for Ganishka or possibly Griffith (though I doubt the latter). I'm not counting on that, but it is a possibility. A bird in Midland was Flora's spy after all.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I think I'm going to die from all these great plot twists. ;D

I'm not sure I have much to add that hasn't already been said. I think the idea of the child being a manifestation of Casca's desire is probably true (I can't really think of anything better.) Out of curiosity, do we know just how much of the child was 'lost' when Griffith was reborn (as in, was it only the body or body and soul)? I just wonder if maybe Femto's evil and the what the child would've been without him have finally been separated and come about here, at the ocean.

<fluff>
That kid is sooo adorable! And the scene on on page 18 is priceless, although it's still a little sad to see Casca still treating Guts like the plague, as usual.
</fluff>

Griffith

Woland said:
Assuming the former (which is where I'm leaning), if Guts will actually show a paternal side.

I think he already has, Guts was practically gentler with the kid than Casca. Plus, he’s obviously feeling some guilt now about being a bad dad to his demon baby. =)

“It’s eleven o’clock, do you know where your demon child is?”

nir085 said:
Chapter was interesting, but I wonder how long it will take for the crew to reach Elfhelm at this rate.

Considering the journey began 7 volumes ago and they haven’t even hit the sea yet, I don’t think Miura was ever in a hurry to get them there.

nir085 said:
As for the croc at the end of the chapter, maybe it's just a spy for Ganishka or possibly Griffith (though I doubt the latter). I'm not counting on that, but it is a possibility.

Or he’s hungry and he saw that kid with his feet in the water. ;D

Speaking of which… the child was standing on the shoreline, haven’t I heard this as a metaphor for something somewhere before? =)

kimchan said:
I think I'm going to die from all these great plot twists. ;D

I'm not sure I have much to add that hasn't already been said. I think the idea of the child being a manifestation of Casca's desire is probably true (I can't really think of anything better.) Out of curiosity, do we know just how much of the child was 'lost' when Griffith was reborn (as in, was it only the body or body and soul)? I just wonder if maybe Femto's evil and the what the child would've been without him have finally been separated and come about here, at the ocean.

I have that glorious feeling of death too! ;D

But I wouldn’t go as far as to say the child and Griffith have separated yet. But, I also believe the demon child must have something to do with this; it’s not just Casca. Perhaps being God’s arbitrator gave Guts' and Casca’s child unexpected ethereal benefits. I mean, his interest in Guts and the whole scene that follows is almost like the kid was manipulating them; forcing them together. Anyway, whatever the ins and outs are, all this certainly isn’t coincidence.

kimchan said:
<fluff>
That kid is sooo adorable! And the scene on on page 18 is priceless, although it's still a little sad to see Casca still treating Guts like the plague, as usual.
</fluff>

I can already hear my girlfriend "ooooo"ing and "awww"ing at this chapter. :)

-Griffith

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Griffith said:
I think he already has, Guts was practically gentler with the kid than Casca. Plus, he’s obviously feeling some guilt now about being a bad dad to his demon baby. =)

Yeesh, can you imagine Guts as the overprotective father? Kid cries, some one's dying.

But, I also believe the demon child must have something to do with this; it’s not just Casca. Perhaps being God’s arbitrator gave Guts' and Casca’s child unexpected ethereal benefits. I mean, his interest in Guts and the whole scene that follows is almost like the kid was manipulating them; forcing them together. Anyway, whatever the ins and outs are, all this certainly isn’t coincidence.

I like this idea. Ooh, I can't wait for this chapter to be translated. Anyone know if the boy was given a name?

*Guess I should have checked the translations section*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom