Episode 238

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olivier Hague said:
I believe one page is missing, between 11 and 12...
Page 12 is unavailable to see if we go with the html page link... page not found...
I also think there's a page missing, bcz at the beginning of the page 12 trans .... something's not fitting. Or maybe the link between page 11 and 12 is just shitty, but i don't think so, Miura's not used to do that kind of mistakes.

Caska is more beautyfull than she ever was...

Thanks for the scans !!

I hope that boy is not "evil", Caska being cured and Guts showing feelings about that boy, the boy not being evil, those 3 things would make an awesome plot in my opinion... but I think it's impossible to go that way... because i think Griffith is right about this :
Griffith said:
I have that glorious feeling of death too! ;D

But I wouldn’t go as far as to say the child and Griffith have separated yet. But, I also believe the demon child must have something to do with this; it’s not just Casca. Perhaps being God’s arbitrator gave Guts' and Casca’s child unexpected ethereal benefits. I mean, his interest in Guts and the whole scene that follows is almost like the kid was manipulating them; forcing them together. Anyway, whatever the ins and outs are, all this certainly isn’t coincidence.

-Griffith

xechnao said:
pheonixfenix said:
correct me if i'm wrong...Caska's only had one child right? And that WAS Gut's child too... right?
Yeah, but Caska is hating Guts. But, yes it could be Guts child. Anyway it seems identical to Caska. But the fact it's a boy could hint to Guts.
Don't know man. But at least it's kinda sure it's Caska's. This is what I was trying to say: it is Caska's. If it is also Guts' (it could be) , I don't know with the same certaince.

As long as i know, Caska had sex only one time and it was with Guts (she told him it was her first time) so it's kind of hard to have more then one child except for twins if you had sex only once...

Have you people noticed th elower part of the armor in page 17 ? looks like the lower part of The Beast's mouth ..

By the way, for the zip file, I had an error when only clicking on the link.. i had to right click the save as..

What is Ivarella is talking about with this line : "Ivarella - Hey Scherkie! You get in there too! Take some! It's strategic love!" ?

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
*looks at page 18*

aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... :)

hm, some kids get named after their grandfather, so if guts gets to pick a name, it just might be Gambino.

I had initially thought that the child was looking for the brand on Gats - seeing that he was climbing up his neck. Also, how he was close (maybe?) to Caska's as well when they were sleeping together...

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Interesting chapter.... Anyone notice Caska, who is usually having to be fed herself, is actully sane enough now to take care and feed someone else?

Saeki said:
I had initially thought that the child was looking for the brand on Gats - seeing that he was climbing up his neck. Also, how he was close (maybe?) to Caska's as well when they were sleeping together...

Yeah that was my impression also. As if the child knew where Guts brand was and was checking it. That child may be too good to be true.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
ZODDGUTS said:
Yeah that was my impression also. As if the child knew where Guts brand was and was checking it. That child may be too good to be true.
Ditto. Pag.17: or he is going for the mark or he is trying to tear away the armor (remember that it protects Guts from the spirits )

Also it can be a coincidence , but while Casca tears him away from Guts, in the last panel of the page, we see under him, Guts throwing knives. A omen perhaps ?

And the monster in the last page is shown like if he is waiting for something.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
roberto999 said:
Ditto. Pag.17: or he is going for the mark or he is trying to tear away the armor (remember that it protects Guts from the spirits )

The brand is on the other side and he showed no interest in it, he just grabbed on to the armor. I don’t think he intended to rip it off Guts body. ^^; Since armor was Isidro’s rationalization for why this strange child would be hanging on the big guy, I'm even more certain that the child’s interest was purely in Guts.

^Déjà vu, I totally had a dream of typing the above message months ago. I remember feeling confused because why the hell was I talking about a child hanging on Guts? Creepy. =)

roberto999 said:
Also it can be a coincidence , but while Casca tears him away from Guts, in the last panel of the page, we see under him, Guts throwing knives. A omen perhaps ?

Maybe so, but I think the omen at the time was dropping children on knives is bad parenting.

roberto999 said:
And the monster in the last page is shown like if he is waiting for something.

What’s the difference between being shown like you’re waiting for something and being shown like you’re not waiting for something? And I guess we’re all waiting for some kind of stimuli at any given moment. I think he’s reading the text box below him and waiting for the next chapter so he can do something.

I’m all for the kid being more sinister than he appears (which is pretty shady, despite he’s disarming cuteness), but I'm not really seeing it yet in the story itself. I think the kid/croc connection is a little weak sauce... but we'll see. =)

-Griffith

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Griffith said:
What’s the difference between being shown like you’re waiting for something and being shown like you’re not waiting for something? And I guess we’re all waiting for some kind of stimuli at any given moment. I think he’s reading the text box below him and waiting for the next chapter so he can do something.

I’m all for the kid being more sinister than he appears (which is pretty shady, despite he’s disarming cuteness), but I'm not really seeing it yet in the story itself. I think the kid/croc connection is a little weak sauce... but we'll see. =)

-Griffith
The difference is that the monster is shown on the sea,far away from the hut were our heroes sleep. So he is not a immediate menace. Simply Miura wanted to show that someone or something else was in the big picture.

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
This Chapter looks great...again those Crocodile Monsters...By the way...does someone have the translation for 237 or 238...my Japanese is not helping me much...Thanks ;D 8) 8)

lordofmasks

Shurikn said:
I also think there's a page missing, bcz at the beginning of the page 12 trans .... something's not fitting. Or maybe the link between page 11 and 12 is just shitty, but i don't think so, Miura's not used to do that kind of mistakes.
Actually, when I said "I believe", it was just to be polite. One page is missing between 11 and 12. ^^;

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Saeki said:
http://www.hotarubi.net/suavo/berserk/Berserk_vol28_ch238_RAW.zip

"Sharing is caring." - Care Bears

*grins* thank you very much!!!

*draws a little heart on your chest*

*grins* sorry for that, ain't awake yet... kind of silly

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
*looks at page 16-18*......... Well, I'll be damned ;D. Very nice to see, but cute as it is, one cannot help but wonder what that child may really be.. ^^;;. I think that of all possible events, plot twist and vice versa, this one must have been the most unexpected one.....

Griffith said:
I think he already has, Guts was practically gentler with the kid than Casca. Plus, he’s obviously feeling some guilt now about being a bad dad to his demon baby. =)

“It’s eleven o’clock, do you know where your demon child is?”Considering the journey began 7 volumes ago and they haven’t even hit the sea yet, I don’t think Miura was ever in a hurry to get them there.Or he’s hungry and he saw that kid with his feet in the water. ;D

Speaking of which… the child was standing on the shoreline, haven’t I heard this as a metaphor for something somewhere before? =)I have that glorious feeling of death too! ;D

But I wouldn’t go as far as to say the child and Griffith have separated yet. But, I also believe the demon child must have something to do with this; it’s not just Casca. Perhaps being God’s arbitrator gave Guts' and Casca’s child unexpected ethereal benefits. I mean, his interest in Guts and the whole scene that follows is almost like the kid was manipulating them; forcing them together. Anyway, whatever the ins and outs are, all this certainly isn’t coincidence.I can already hear my girlfriend "ooooo"ing and "awww"ing at this chapter. :)

-Griffith

Hey, child's don't have to be ethereal to do such a thing. Childs have the power to force people together (sometimes) ;)
Anyway, I believe it is ethereal indeed by what Shielke said and by the ocean thing and Caska's ominous looks in her eyes. Only I can't be sure it's the demon child or Gut's son or even having something to do with Griffith.

Shurikn said:
I hope that boy is not "evil", Caska being cured and Guts showing feelings about that boy, the boy not being evil, those 3 things would make an awesome plot in my opinion... but I think it's impossible to go that way... because i think Griffith is right about this
What do you mean by "evil"? Corrupted by GH or something?

Shurikn said:
As long as i know, Caska had sex only one time and it was with Guts (she told him it was her first time) so it's kind of hard to have more then one child except for twins if you had sex only once...

So what? The fact that this boy came to life as Caska's desire for her last son(the one he made with Guts') does'nt necessarily mean that this boy is Guts' son. It is a spirit that came to life by Caska's desire for her lost baby. That's the way I see it although I don't exclude it, to eventually be Guts' son -that would depend mostly how Caska's desire "ellabored" that part ;D.

Griffith

xechnao said:
It is a spirit that came to life by Caska's desire for her lost baby. That's the way I see it although I don't exclude it, to eventually be Guts' son -that would depend mostly how Caska's desire "ellabored" that part ;D.

Nah. Demon child. ;)

-Griffith

Griffith said:
Nah. Demon child. ;)

-Griffith

I can't give in for now. Besides the kid's traits seem just as if it has sprung off from Caska and that's it. Anyway the demon child got consumed in Griffith (feellings also: remember the heart pumping?).
Anyway, it could eventually be the demon child. But I don't believe we can say for now.
Anyway what does it matter if this boy could also be loved by Caska (and Guts ? ??? ?)and rise up like a real boy? But do you believe this is the case? Do you believe he has the potential growing up and mating with a human female and having his own children or is he more something spiritual, like an elf or spirit?
If the first case is true, I don't believe it matters if it is the demon child or not or whatever.

Griffith

I don’t deny the plausibility that this boy has nothing directly to do with the demon child. But I think that it’s a weaker theory and should be considered second. Like the dictionary; =)

Moonlight Boy

1.   An ethereal projection of the demon child’s soul drawn
by Casca’s desire and the child's will.

2.   Casca can conjure children out of thin air. (WDT 1) ;D

Working with what we know, it just makes a little more sense when you throw in the demon child and the mysterious power of God and all that mucky ethereal goodness. Also, if you look at how he interacts with Guts, it’s almost as if they have history together. Combine this with the parallels of the moon, the rebirth… pages 20 and 21, and it all paints a more compelling picture than just the child simply being a manifestation of Casca’s desire alone. While that’s still a likely scenario, why give priority to it over a theory with more weight behind it?

-Griffith

Griffith said:
I don’t deny the plausibility that this boy has nothing directly to do with the demon child. But I think that it’s a weaker theory and should be considered second. Like the dictionary; =)

Moonlight Boy

1.   An ethereal projection of the demon child’s soul drawn
by Casca’s desire and the child's will.

2.   Casca can conjure children out of thin air. (WDT 1) ;D

Working with what we know, it just makes a little more sense when you throw in the demon child and the mysterious power of God and all that mucky ethereal goodness. Also, if you look at how he interacts with Guts, it’s almost as if they have history together. Combine this with the parallels of the moon, the rebirth… pages 20 and 21, and it all paints a more compelling picture than just the child simply being a manifestation of Casca’s desire alone. While that’s still a likely scenario, why give priority to it over a theory with more weight behind it?

-Griffith

Yeah, I hope you are right. I don't like the second option (hence I expressed a dislike about it before paralleling it to Troll haters: too much fantasy)
Anyway, this is mostly why I talked about it, kinda disturbed by the chance this might be the case.
I am with you Griffith ;)

But what I thought against this one is why right now and only at the ocean? Why not before, for example in the forest or at Godo's? Did Caska really not have the chance or case of strongly desiring her lost son before seeing the ocean? I mean, if there is an actual connection of both ends they could have met before, right (take for example Qlipoth where trolls and villagers around the forest met)?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
First thank you for this beautiful chapter.

I wonder if you have also noticed about this child, he reminds me a lot of little Kojiro Sasaki in Vagabond : he's been found near the ocean, naked, he has long pretty dark hair, he doesn't say a word...
Btw, is he mute or something ? Do you think - if it's the demon baby indeed - that he will keep on "talking" with his mind to his parents ? It seems he puts all his expression in his gaze.

Guil
ps : excuse me if you feel offended for the vagabond parallel ::)

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
xechnao said:
Hey, child's don't have to be ethereal to do such a thing. Childs have the power to force people together (sometimes) ;)
Anyway, I believe it is ethereal indeed by what Shielke said and by the ocean thing and Caska's ominous looks in her eyes. Only I can't be sure it's the demon child or Gut's son or even having something to do with Griffith.What do you mean by "evil"? Corrupted by GH or something?So what? The fact that this boy came to life as Caska's desire for her last son(the one he made with Guts') does'nt necessarily mean that this boy is Guts' son. It is a spirit that came to life by Caska's desire for her lost baby. That's the way I see it although I don't exclude it, to eventually be Guts' son -that would depend mostly how Caska's desire "ellabored" that part ;D.

The kid looks exactly like Kid Guts except with Caska's eyes and hair.

Woland said:
The kid looks exactly like Kid Guts except with Caska's eyes and hair.

Apart from the fact that both are boys I fail to see the resemblance. It has Caska's ears, Caska's eyes and hair, Caska's chin...practically Caska everything except from thr pee pee

Thats not totally true, his the color of Guts, and his eyebrows are pretty thick for a kids. The hair basically looks like Caska's though Guts and caska have fairly similar hair color (aside the white bit I suppose).

It seems these new facial scars/marks on Guts havent faded at all since he took off the berserker armor, must be part of the new appearance to go with the white spot of hair.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
Apart from the fact that both are boys I fail to see the resemblance. It has Caska's ears, Caska's eyes and hair, Caska's chin...practically Caska everything except from thr pee pee
No. Look at Guts as a child in Volume 4. The resemblance is uncanny.

Anyway, great chapter. I had a goofy, gaping smile when looking at p.15-18. 15 really does it for me though.

Guts' back does seem to be pretty popular lately..

709Untitled-3.jpg

CoiNciDeNce?!?!? I ThiNk NoT!!! :eek:

(Yes, I think it's a coincidence)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom