A terrible thing has happened

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Malf said:
i dont care if id get thrown in jail, my pride is more important to me.

Wont have alot of pride when one of the neo nazis takes a close look to your bunghole.

Pyotr

It is my destiny to lead
windeline said:
A certain someone I know has been screwed twice, losing over a thousand dollars altogether.

It doesn't matter what amount of feed back a person can have. That account can always be hacked.

Yeah...That was me, and boy did it suck both times.

Griffith said:
As for ebay, it's never done me wrong as long as you're smart about it.

That's the thing, though. The first time I got ripped off, it was from some jerk who had hacked into another legitimate account that had a nice feedback. They even hacked the person's email address to reply to my questions. The second time, the person had a lot of positive feedback as well. Unfortunately, the second guy had sold a lot of things over time to raise his feedback just to prepare for his big ripoff. He was even Paypal Verified. I just hope they can do something to catch the bastard since they have a bank account of his on file...

It really sucks to get ripped off like that, I know. And its even worse when you think the person is trustworthy and that you're going to get something you really wanted. Personally, I really dont think Ill be using eBay for big purchases anymore, its just not worth the risk.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
roberto999 said:
Do you know her personally? If yes, fine, you know where to find her: If not, let me tell you, you were very rash to trust such amount of money to a nick on internet. Even if she was honest she could have died in a car accident for example.
Of course you can always take legal action against unknown persons, but I don't know what the probability is that they are able to find her and even if they do if you have no receipt about the money that you gave her...
She wasn't a nick. She had established solid connections with the owners of AOW as well as about 5000 positive feedback on ebay, which might not mean that much. The 'receipt' is the paypal transactions which specifically state how much money was spent and on what items. You can have items tracked for delivery from UPS and from Fedex. When a package was supposedly um... 'lost' in transit during one of my international transactions, all I did was call Fedex to prove that it HAD indeed been delivered to this person's home, and so they couldn't lie and say that I 'never delivered the goods.'

She has delivered half of what she said she did, why should I have disbelieved she wouldn't on the other half? With our communication skills and good business repoire, half the goods were delivered. It's actually the NEW statues that have been released from this January of 2004 and up to May 2004 that of course haven't been delivered, but I have heard not ONE word from her in the past few months, which is disturbing. I think something may have happened to her, as she came from a tumultuous sort of family.

Eddie said:
do you think that woul keep you from jail? vandalism and arson will get your ass thrown into prision for a long enough time to crack your pride.

I don't think I'm going to fly to Japan and break windows there. It would cost me too much and I don't feel like sitting in a jail cell eating sushi, which I hate with a passion ;)

Kakkoii_Guts said:
The one thing that really bothers me about it is the fact that this person has always been trustworthy. Why would a person you've always trusted suddenly run away with your money? I really wouldn't rule out the possibility of a sudden death.

Did you give them more money than usual?

Yes that's what I think may have happened. No, she delivered all the goods last year as promised, each statue and item showed up on time. I fear the worst because she was going through some tough times...but I'm beside myself that she wouldn't at least let me know there'd be a delay in communications. Someone so far up on the ladder with the AOW people and the owners....well, let's just say she would really be doing them a disservice if she did choose to up and leave me in the cold.

Miyu said:
If the case is she's dead, but you still want your money back or the merchandise, you can probably make a claim or bring a suit against her estate. Though depending how how much money you invested, the suit itself can end up being much more especially since you would be suing someone out of the country.

Thanks for keeping this on topic and not tempting me to go use paintballs and break windows LOLOL. I'm going to do everything through paypal when I get back from work and see what recourse I do have. I'm pretty confident there will at least be some sympathy for me from Paypal.

Starscream said:
It really sucks to get ripped off like that, I know. And its even worse when you think the person is trustworthy and that you're going to get something you really wanted. Personally, I really dont think Ill be using eBay for big purchases anymore, its just not worth the risk.

Well, I don't want to think the worst until I find out more from Paypal and perhaps from her family members... that she DID rip me off. Why would she go through the trouble of delivering the goods to me in the past and then suddenly stop? That makes no sense. I would have never trusted her with this amount of money had she not proven to me that she delivered things to me in the past in a timely and responsible manner. B

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
Thanks for keeping this on topic and not tempting me to go use paintballs and break windows LOLOL. I'm going to do everything through paypal when I get back from work and see what recourse I do have. I'm pretty confident there will at least be some sympathy for me from Paypal.

If it's a case of illness or death, I would think there would be. Let me know how it all turns out.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Miyu said:
If it's a case of illness or death, I would think there would be. Let me know how it all turns out.

My feelings have actually turned towards worrying about her because she's never failed to come through with items before, and because of her reputation in the professional toy world. Not hearing ANYTHING AT ALL is the scary part.I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Thanks for listening :)

LC

Top Bottom