The dumbest excuse on Ebay

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
A long time ago I purchased my first AOW statue on ebay and got ripped off. Is that stupid or what? It was the Guts Hawk Soldier Toycom statue. I sent a check for the total amount, and hadn't heard from the guy on ebay. He supposedly owned a comic book store in Chicago called the Comic Box. I called Chicago info and there was no such listing.

Then he e mailed me saying that the reason he hadn't shipped the statue was because " his family was murdered and he was in the hospital with multiple stab wounds." I said, " Well, are you keeping the money I sent you for the bail? Are YOU the one who murdered your family?" He had about 200 other auctions on ebay and he's sitting in the hospital with stab wounds? Maybe the money was to pay for his 'medical bill.'

Sheesh. The excuses you hear sometimes.

LG

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
A long time ago I purchased my first AOW statue on ebay and got ripped off. Is that stupid or what? It was the Guts Hawk Soldier Toycom statue. I sent a check for the total amount, and hadn't heard from the guy on ebay. He supposedly owned a comic book store in Chicago called the Comic Box. I called Chicago info and there was no such listing.

Then he e mailed me saying that the reason he hadn't shipped the statue was because " his family was murdered and he was in the hospital with multiple stab wounds." I said, " Well, are you keeping the money I sent you for the bail? Are YOU the one who murdered your family?" He had about 200 other auctions on ebay and he's sitting in the hospital with stab wounds? Maybe the money was to pay for his 'medical bill.'

LG

Don't they have user ratings on the person who is auctioning off his stuff on EBay?

Anyhow, I'm naturally suspicious of internet transactions, so I rarely use Ebay or Amazon.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
I have to agree, that is the dumbest excuse I have heard. Sorry about your bad luck with jerks on ebay.

nir085

Horse and Armor
Maybe the guy thought it was such a dumb excuse that others wouldn't believe it was a false excuse.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Sorry if im wrong, i dont use ebay or anything like that too much, but cant you report them to the police/government/ebay or somthing? Dont flame me if im wrong plz ???.

Pyotr

It is my destiny to lead
Not to start an arguement or anything, but what happens when something extreme like that really happens (Don't get me wrong, I bet that guy was full of shit ;) )? I went to an English teacher once and told her I had not completed my English homework because my family had just found out my mom had cancer. She looked at me like I was insane for trying an excuse like that, but the crappy thing was, that the two days before that class I was at the hospital almost all day with my mom. Needless to say, that guys excuse was a bit more extreme, but you never know. Crazy stuff happens all the time these days.

BTW, if anyone cares, my mom's cancer has receded so that it can be removed if it ever comes back (barring any problems, *fingers always crossed* )

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Lady Sexy Charlotte said:

LG

UUUuuumm... u might think Im kiding, but I just went to that store a few weeks ago. Its on Pulaski Rd. and Grang Ave. And theres actually 2 other stores away from Down Town Chicago with the same name...

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
oooo I almost forgot..."U REALLY have bad luck ordering stuff on the net... Better get a chicken and some sea-shells. Ya' know...scare those demons u have with ya'" ;D

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
Wow thats sucks charlotte. You're too trusting methinks :)
I've heard about a lot of problems with Ebay. I've never had a problem with Amazon.com though.
Funny enough,I found this interent company that i bought some software from doesn't exist. (physical building or mailing address like they claim) Thier e-mail address is also provided from some free e-mail company like yahoo or hotmail. Anyways some other software company (that actually has a building!) is trying to track them down and press whatever relevant charges they can.

Top Bottom