The Propaganda Period: Devotion

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
devotion-final.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Are you prepared for the riveting and rewarding experience of becoming a Berserk scholar? Your community needs your skills and your techniques to help compile every facet of information regarding Berserk. The Encyclopedia will act as a universal reference point for information as well as a shrine to Miura's epic series.

If you are interested in helping the Cause, you can start by picking any of the following sections you are most skilled or interested in:

[*]Merchandise
. scans of artbooks/CD covers
. pictures of statues/toys/memorabilia
. Card game images/Rules
[*]Timeline Construction
. ability to summarize volumes in one, adequate sentence.
[*]Aesthetics/Design
. Expertise needed in html/php
. Advice on design always welcome
[*]Graphics/Coloring
. future projects include the coloring of large scenes
[*]TV/VCR Repair or get your degree!

The Encyclopedia is by no means an introduction to the series. For that purpose, we are also looking for:

[*]A written and graphical introduction to the series
[*]Post-Eclipse: a visual article summarizing events up to mid v.14

nir085

Horse and Armor
How about lists of all the Berserk merchandise available? You said that you needed that in the Secret Projects thread.

As for the timeline construction, shouldn't there be one sentence summaries of a particular character's journey over 1/2 volumes instead of entire volume summaries?

Also, will these tasks be delegated on a first-come, first-serve basis, experience, or do we just send you our work and you put it up based on your opinion of it?

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Hmm, I'd probably only be good at aesthetics (not the coding part though unfortunately.) Timeline stuff's probably not out of my reach either.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
nir085 said:
How about lists of all the Berserk merchandise available? You said that you needed that in the Secret Projects thread.
Indeed. I can always count on Nir to point out my shortcomings ;)
As for the timeline construction, shouldn't there be one sentence summaries of a particular character's journey over 1/2 volumes instead of entire volume summaries?
The shorter the entry, the better. If you look at the current timeline we're using in the FAQ, you'll realize it's a jumbled mess thanks to over-elaboration (Look at the "newest" entry at the bottom... such vital information!). I hope to simplify the new timeline, and turn it back into something relatively useful, rather than a log of Berserk events.

Also, will these tasks be delegated on a first-come, first-serve basis, experience, or do we just send you our work and you put it up based on your opinion of it?
The best entries will be used. That's just common sense for the efficiency of the Encyclopedia. And of course, the "best" is indeed determined by what will surely be use of trial and error and ultimately judgement from myself and Griffith.

I'd be happy to help out, too.

Walter said:
[*]Merchandise
. Card game images/Rules
I have a scanner, but not a lot of merchandise items. I'm not really into collecting these things, but I do have the postcard book, the music CD, and I ended up with five packs of the recent cards, all of which are scannable.

[*]Timeline Construction
Can't help you there. I'm a rambler...

[*]Aesthetics/Design
[*]Graphics/Coloring
I can help with html/php and graphics. I'm no expert, but I run a number of small sites. I use Paint Shop Pro 7, though, not Photo Shop. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Let's stop the talking, it's time for action! ;D

So, I know it wasn't asked at all in that list:

Merchandise
. Card game images/Rules

Timeline Construction

Aesthetics/Design

Graphics/Coloring

TV/VCR Repair or get your degree!

However, although I suck at coloring, I will propose two new entries for the Characters Section, Golden Age Arc:

Anna & Pazuso

Let's hope I will not be the first to be dismissed... :p

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
Walter said:
[*]Aesthetics/Design

I think I could help with the html/php. But what would I have to do? Build entire pages or just the structure so that someone else can fill in the details?

nir085

Horse and Armor
Timeline/Volume 22+ summaries sent.

Let me know if they need to be edited or if they are just plain unworthy.

I forgot the last two lines of Volume 27: The Lancer Division of the Hawks attack Ganishka's Daka warriors while Griffith flies away with Princess Charlotte. Rakshas shows Silatt and the Tapasa the devilish birth process of the Daka.

N

Nasferatu Zodd

Hell Walter, sign me up for coloring. I might not be as good as Uriel or some other people but its better than nothing I guess.

Grunbeld_Color.jpg

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Scarface said:
Hell Walter, sign me up for coloring. I might not be as good as Uriel or some other people but its better than nothing I guess.

Grunbeld_Color.jpg

WHOOAAHHHH!

That blew me away. Nice job. YOU SHOULD BE HIRED!

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Scarface said:

Grunbeld_Color.jpg
Yeah man...that was pretty good...

N

Nasferatu Zodd

New one, just eye candy.

grunbeld_Avatar.jpg

And here is that preview or whatever. I didn't color the flames because I know there are alot of other better people at that kind of stuff so I would appreciate it if someone with good skills at fire and a glow would finish it, which brings me to my next question. Can two people work on one Image Walter? As long as the final product looks good I'm guessing.

Preview2.jpg

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
You can color grun really REALLY good. But where did you get that scan where he says fuck? I found that pic, but it says "that armor". Is mine wrong or are you just fucking with us :p?

He just edited the text. You can do that in any paint program. Anyone who can host images, I've got this pic of Femto all colored and I wanted to get some thoughts? Can I send it to anyone to post on the boards?

Thanks for posting it. I've got a Guts one on the way. It's the one where the Knights of the Holy Iron Chain(not sure) are trying to capture him and he uses his sword for the first time to kill them while injured. It's where he's leaning over holding the sword out to the side. Anyway I can't take all the credit. I suck with photoshop so I have my brother color the pics. I just tell him which color goes where.

Allright well, to let you all know, both of the Grunbeld pictures are mine, and I don't know if my brother posted this but this Snake Baron is a really early project I did. Probably the second. Hope this can help some Walter.
SnakeBaron.JPG

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Hey Walter,

My free time lately is scarce, as evidenced by my lack of posts, but I'd be happy to help in the graphics department coloring stuff, or with photos and scans of merchandise. Let me know what you need done and I'll do my best to do it. Really. Make me do it; I've been around on and off for like 4 years and haven't made a big enough contribution.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
I think I may have a decent volume 2 and maybe 3 summary do whatever you want with 'em...

Vol. 2: Guts takes Vargas' behelit and kills Zondark, Vargas is captured and executed by the Count, and later Guts begins his battle with the Count.

Vol. 3: The Count, bleeding to death, summons the God Hand to make him live, but he dies because he refuses to sacrifice his daughter Theresia, and Guts begins a long flashback to when he was younger being raised by the mercenary Gambino.

Volume 3 is probably way too long. But like a say modify as much as you wish if you even use it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate the current art submissions, however at the moment I simply don't have a practical application for them.

What I'm really looking for is something in the vein of Episode 186's Apostles bowing to Griffith. Ultimately, images that condense the atmosphere of the series at that moment in time. The application of these colored images will be as large background pieces for the timeline, similar to how I currently have the Volumes in the background of the Characters section. Just something to give a little visual flavor to what's going on in the Timeline.

Nir and I have been working on the Timeline over the weekend and can probably have it up by this coming weekend. However, this simply means the content will be done. The layout and graphics are still far from being finalized.

Next up is the Merchandise section. Right now, what I need more than anything are layout concepts. For such an overwhelming ammount of merchandise, I don't even know where to begin with the layout... Am considering simply using something basic, such as the Manga section as a template for them. Thoughts?

Top Bottom