Animal Rights and PETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
Today I got in an argument with this girl from work. She was saying i shouldn't drink Welchs juice products (which i was sipping from at the time) because they test thier products on animals. I was caught rather off guard by this because 1.) i didn't know, and 2.) i didn't really care. (they test thier products on lab rats btw)
On a similar note, earlier this week I watched Penn and Tellers "Bullshit" show. (its on showtime i believe) They illustrated just how full of shit organizations like PETA are which i had believed before that. So just curious as to what people here think about animal rights, animal testing, and PETA.

To be fair, I think:

1.) Steaks are tastey
2.) leather is sexy
3.) I love my dog :)
4.) PETA is out of thier mind
5.) Welchs tastes good

Well what do you guys think?

M

medievald00d

i totally agree. PETA is full of shit...so are people that are vegetarians because they dont want to eat the poor animals...

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
PETA: Why?? Why do you exist?

Here's my thought on animal rights, if you kill an animal you can't keep a pet for ___ years. If you beat your pet you get it taken away and can't have a pet for ___ years.
Cow flatulence destroys the ozone right? So I say MMmmm steak.
You need protien! and Legumes get boring.
Vegans don't apereciate damn good food.
AND MOST IMPORTANT:
Any dog that can maul a human should be chained or muzzled, trust me. You do not want a dog biting you in the ass/thighs.

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
pheonixfenix said:
i totally agree. PETA is full of shit...so are people that are vegetarians because they dont want to eat the poor animals...

omg pheonix we agree.. mark your calander. ;D

yea, i especially like the animal rights nuts that advocate violence and terrorist type activities as a way to "liberate" animals. what a joke.
its the same with abortion clinic bombers and fucked up christian fundamentalists. "All life is sacred" so lets kill a few doctors....or lab technicians that make rats drink soda.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
MY brother was biten by a huge germen shepard. If this thing stood on its legs it would be up there in the 5 foot 6 range. I think testing juice on animals is fine. I also love drinking the blood from a roast beef. I do not like animal cruilty meaning people beeting or starving animals. I will kill those fuking bastards. I think they test ice breaker gum on animals. It doesnt bother me just to test measly stuff on animals, but no beeting and starving. If you have a good reason to kill an animal for something such as food then great!

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Most animals would eat me, Therefore i have no qualms eating animals. And testing, well it matters what were testing.

The juice girl, shes looney. The rats probably like that stuff. You should have told her to think harder about the Big FAT HAPPY mice that get to drink this juice all day and lay around.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
God I hate people like this. Its always these white suburban libral assholes that piss me off. "Dont drink Welches, they test it on animal." Well who gives a fuck on what they tested it on? It tastes good, doesn't it? And hopfully its made from grapes...?

And Vegatarians deserve to BURN IN HELL. Why the fuck does it matter if you eat the poor basterd? Its dead isn't it? Whether or not you buy and eat the animal isn't gonna make a difference, will it? ITS ALREDY DEAD. You think one person eating meats gonna make a difference?

God damnit I hate these wide eye enviromentalists who talk about conserving animals... who also sort their trash before throwing it away...

M

medievald00d

DemonX said:
And Vegatarians deserve to BURN IN HELL. Why the fuck does it matter if you eat the poor basterd? Its dead isn't it? Whether or not you buy and eat the animal isn't gonna make a difference, will it? ITS ALREDY DEAD. You think one person eating meats gonna make a difference?
Well, i dunno about you, but i have nothing against people that are vegetarian for either religious or eating preferences.

One of my brother's friends is a vegetarian because his parents raised him that way, and he hates the taste of meat. Seriously.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

vegetarian diets are just more healthier. vegetarian aniamals tend to be much more active than carnivores.

M

medievald00d

ELEKTROFUNK said:
vegetarian diets are just more healthier. vegetarian aniamals tend to be much more active than carnivores.
not necessarily true.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
Think of it like this. My step mother is white (i know) and she has the normal white person fear of anything exotic, my one brother wont eat anything or hardly, loves sugar wont eat healthy, eats mayo like it's going out of production. Now me on the other hand, I eat almost anything, but I was raised around philipinos and my grandfather (who was white, but was one of those crazy old white guys god bless him) who took me out and fed me sea food, snails so fourth so I got a taste for exotic foods. but now that had nothing to do with my point I just felt the need to vent on how my grandfather rock and my step mom is white.

but certain foods are aquired tastes, i know some foods I almost don't like, I find myself drooling over thinking about..you develope a taste for something and being loving it. on the other hand alot of veggys can't stand the taste of meat, more power to them.

but people who think its ok to harm people and not animals need to rethink their philosophy because if it's ok to harm people it's ok to harm animals.

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
I can understand people who don't eat meat for either religious or health reasons, thats fine.

its just these motherfuckers who think cows, rats and chimps are on the same level as humans as far as medicinal testing goes. My feelings are: if i have to personally kill every fuckin monkey to cure one human I'll do it.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
i had a rat, he loved anything I'd feed him, he ate chocolate, juice, wasn't so crazy about fruit but loved junk food.

The_Fetus_Ninja said:
its just these motherfuckers who think cows, rats and chimps are on the same level as humans as far as medicinal testing goes. My feelings are: if i have to personally kill every fuckin monkey to cure one human I'll do it.

So it's okay to kill a living being because it's not on the same level as us why is that? Going by your logic if their was a higher being than us smarter,stronger it be right for that being to experiment on us to cure their illness or if they like to eat human food it be alright since their a surprior being compare to us.

Luckily for us humans their isn't a surprior being that we had to deal with.

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
ZODDGUTS said:
So it's okay to kill a living being because it's not on the same level as us why is that? Going by your logic if their was a higher being than us smarter,stronger it be right for that being to experiment on us to cure their illness or if they like to eat human food it be alright since their a surprior being compare to us.

Luckily for us humans their isn't a surprior being that we had to deal with.

no its ok to kill them because they're not conscious of themselves as humans are. they don't process thier thoughts on levels of happiness or sadness. they only remember what will hurt, kill or feed them. animals don't have a sense of past, present, and future, as humans do. they only have a sense of now and instinct. they don't have goals or aspirations. they don't have emotions. they don't have feelings. they have instinct. eat, sleep, shit, fuck. thats it.

::)

You just have to love the PETA. Generally their cause is 'noble' but their tactics and logic can be so wacky at times.

Kind of like this insanity here and there.

Their hearts are in the right place but I think they do more harm than good.

Winde

Kart

Resident /b/tard
thats bullshit, just because something is not aware of itself doesn't mean it should be killed off, I know alot of people who don't deserve to live just because they don't live up to their potientiel, they cannot grasp concepts of how to avoid conflict or even why they are total morons.

"holocaust on your plate"?, ???

thats a bunch of bullshit! >:(

GIMME A BIG-ASS RACK OF SWEET HONEY BARBECUE RIBS! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

the president of that animal raping for goodness group

must have a small PETA!!!!!!!!! :eek:

heheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ah, i feel better, :)

have a good night all,

iholla

- c

M

medievald00d

The_Fetus_Ninja said:
no its ok to kill them because they're not conscious of themselves as humans are. they don't process thier thoughts on levels of happiness or sadness. they only remember what will hurt, kill or feed them. animals don't have a sense of past, present, and future, as humans do. they only have a sense of now and instinct. they don't have goals or aspirations. they don't have emotions. they don't have feelings. they have instinct. eat, sleep, shit, fuck. thats it.

I dont completely agree with this. Chimps and dolphins are intellectually very advanced. They can recognize facial expressions, show signs of self awareness, and can think for the most part. Many pet owners would say that their pets are very smart, etc.

What I DO have against, are people that think it is morally wrong to kill something bred to be killed. I dont like people whining about cows that go to the slaughter, lab rats, pigs that go to the slaughter, etc.

I am against poaching however. If your gonna kill the animal, use the entire goddamn animal. Not just the fucking horns to make your "aphrodisiac"....(kind of hypocritical, because chinese people are the ones that value the horns as miracle cures...)

On a related note, I was watching cowboy bebop today (for like the 10th time..) and i was watching episode 4, with those crazy enviromentalists, and I was reminded of this thread...

thats bullshit, just because something is not aware of itself doesn't mean it should be killed off, I know alot of people who don't deserve to live just because they don't live up to their potientiel, they cannot grasp concepts of how to avoid conflict or even why they are total morons
http://www.darwinawards.com/

HMMmm.......................

Bebop...........................

if it had a taste it would be a really good slice of beef...................

;) :D ;D

BOB

poruno sutâ
DemonX said:

I'm vegan. want my address and set me aflame you pansy?

Second part of your statement was entertaining, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom