Animal Rights and PETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ELEKTROFUNK

BOB said:
I'm vegan. want my address and set me aflame you pansy?

Second part of your statement was entertaining, tho.

The french and the vegans should join up and 0wn this people!

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
ELEKTROFUNK said:
It is true.
no, not really. While it is better for you then crappy 42g of fat (for fries!) fast food, it does have some downpoints. It seems to physically drain you. Also there are many vegans who do not really know where to get their protien from, and so that's another downside. It's not all good, but it does have upsides.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Vegans don't eat any products form animals including dairy. Dairy is a VITAL part of any diet and many people are incredibly lacking in the nutrients that come out of dairy food. Protein (Whey protein can't be found easily in most nuts and seeds, you need several protein sources for amino acids) and Calcium and Phosphorus are easily attainable in dairy, and in meat iron is especially important for women. You can take supplements but those are not always reliable. Vegan diets are just very unhealthy unless you spend your time doing nothing physical. Vegetarians are better off (vegans are different right? I get confused sometimes).

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
Im pretty sure it mentions it in the bible that eating animals is fine just dont kill and waste. if you are to hunt animals for food, shelter, clothing, and tings around those lines then its great. Come on vegetetarians you know you want a nice juicy piece of meat to sink your teeth into. What also makes me angry is say if your in the wild and you need food and water, these suberbian, rich, goody to shoes wont eat wild fruit or drink from a stream or eat meat from an animal because it hasnt been aproved and chemicaled up, then shipped to a super market. I know when i go hiking and i see fruit thats edible i eat it and if i am foolish and dont bring water i drink from streams and such. Man kind has survived long with out all these perservetives. what do you guys think?

M

medievald00d

i think that you're stupid for eating plants because you think their edible, and drinking stream water like that...

Stream water is highly polluted nowadays due to industrialism and mining
Most plants are poisonous in some form or way.

If you really do hike around eating plants, I'm surprised your still alive.

poor malf,

i still like you though,

you have potential :)

just not as rediculously handsome as c (thats me ;D)

anyways,

i was thinkin, someone early i think said somethin about

herbivores being more agile,

they have to be cause a razor tooth carnivore is tryin

to bite their ribs out for the barbecue!, :eek:

yes, i looooooveeeeeeeee ribs!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

iholla

- c

BOB

poruno sutâ
theblakeman said:
Vegans don't eat any products form animals including dairy. Dairy is a VITAL part of any diet and many people are incredibly lacking in the nutrients that come out of dairy food. Protein (Whey protein can't be found easily in most nuts and seeds, you need several protein sources for amino acids) and Calcium and Phosphorus are easily attainable in dairy, and in meat iron is especially important for women. You can take supplements but those are not always reliable. Vegan diets are just very unhealthy unless you spend your time doing nothing physical. Vegetarians are better off (vegans are different right? I get confused sometimes).

been vegetarian for almost 9 years and only recently dropped that dairy stuff. i'm not that strict tho, so from time to time for example when taking my girlfriend out for dinner i eat stuff with cheese in it or milk based dressings. physical activities have never been a problem so far. I was into bodybuilding for 7 years and recently turned to kung fu. no problems so far

Malf

i dont think im stupid because i eat wild berries or drink from streams. There are parts of america that are not poluted. The world did just dandy before grocery stores.

M

medievald00d

Malf said:
i dont think im stupid because i eat wild berries or drink from streams. There are parts of america that are not poluted. The world did just dandy before grocery stores.
well, since you're still alive i'll assume the wild berries you ate arent poisonous (many berries found in the wild have toxins in them to prevent animals from eating them)

However, no matter where you are, there will be some form of pollution in your stream...a product of the modern world. I believe there are hand filters that you can buy to filter stream water...Otherwise you are probably slowly accumilating toxins in your body...So i would suggest you not stoop down and drink stream water any time soon...

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
If animals taste good then its only logical too eat them.

Cow is obviously designed specifically as a food source, it eats grass, which other animals cannot eat, and stands around all day packing on tons of meat.

PETA sux

Rats like eating garbage and rotting filth, giving them juice is not cruel, and anyone who uses example of animal cruelty must be retarded.

ya, those are my thoughts.

also chimps do have feelings, they can talk in sign languauge for god sakes. Not good to eat or kill them. A few other animals too, but not many.

Malf

If i did it every day id proably get sick but I think far up places in the mountains have not been effected by that much polution. Soon in this industrual world there will be no beutiful places of mother nature.

Lauralana

That's Hot
PETA is fighting for a good cause.... but like Windeline said, there are some fanatics that take things too far and give the whole organization a bad name.

My diet exists of meat and veggies, and i have no problem with animals being bred to be killed. Animals eat other animals to survive...i think humans are just being the same.

What i do have a problem with is when animals are killed for sport and eventually driven to extinction due to human actions. A little hunting here and there is ok....but when poachers in africa kill elephants at will....and take only the tusks and don't put the rest of the dead animal's body to good use, i think that is a problem.

So in the end, i think the insanity within PETA matches the insanity of animal poachers. It's kinda like a form of checks and balances.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

theblakeman said:

What you dont know is that most people tend to be alergic to both Dairy products and wheat, which causes many problems including bowel problems, arthritis,synus. Cow Milk is for Cows, Cows methabolize it perfectly we dont.

BTW did you know that if you go to a hospital and you are a vegetarian you need to notify it because if they need to give you any kind of drugs, they need to give you a lower dose since your body is much more clean from toxins?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
BTW did you know that if you go to a hospital and you are a vegetarian you need to notify it because if they need to give you any kind of drugs, they need to give you a lower dose since your body is much more clean from toxins?

depends on what medication off course...

BOB

poruno sutâ
Lauralana said:
My diet exists of meat and veggies, and i have no problem with animals being bred to be killed. Animals eat other animals to survive...i think humans are just being the same.

Since millions people are being eaten by vicious sheep and cows within our cities every year you made a very much intelligent remark by including us human beings in any natural food chain. brilliant suggestion (for an irony free version please shout out DUH? loud and clear). BTW don't use words like "think" so carefree ;)

E

ELEKTROFUNK

BOB said:
Since millions people are being eaten by vicious sheep and cows within our cities every year you made a very much intelligent remark by including us human beings in any natural food chain. brilliant suggestion (for an irony free version please shout out DUH? loud and clear). BTW don't use words like "think" so carefree ;)

Well that sure was a waste of lines :p

Really, you can't down anyone because of their convictions not to eat meat or endorse that behavior. They have a god given right to that opinion and as long as they don't shove it in my face I'm ok with that. PETA however does whatever they can to shove idiot ideals in my face. Which is why I can't stand them. Did anyone ever see their Chirstmas Billboards "Santa won't be coming this year.... HE DRINKS MILK!"

Seriously how lame is that shit?

My friends and I have started our own group "Men And Women Against Peta." Otherwise known as WAWAP. Its really just an excuse for us to all get together and barbeque, but its a great time just the same!

BOB

poruno sutâ
maybe it's just me but sometimes i got these pictures of these "samaritans" in my head, where they are about to hit their wives, neglect their parents and leave them in nursing homes or forget their childrens names over the good cause they are fighting for. as i said i only comment on a vegetarian diet when comment insult the intellect of even a ten year old child.

(omg referring to the own meekness is such a bad habit ;D)

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Wheeew,
As I scrolled down this thread I thought I was the only "full of shit", "white suburban liberal asshole", vegan "motherfucker" that "doesn't appreciate damn good food" and deserves to "BURN IN HELL" here until I saw Bob's reply. Thanks Bob! =)

A few things:
Why are you guys getting so defensive and hostile even though for more than 3/4 of the thread you were in agreement with one another with little to no opposition from those that think differently? What's with all the bashing? Insecurity?

I'm not trying to get roped into some 10 pg. long debate about this, but some of you are seriously misinformed. You might want to do a little research before you make fools out of yourselves in a debate with a knowledgeable vegetarian.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
"Warning" "Warning" "Long Post Ahead" "Self-argument in progress"

Why should we 'not' eat meat?

Too much is bad for us right. -But we do a lot of things that are bad for us.

Plants are healthier and less fattening. -Humph. Sometimes you need fat.

Plants are easier to grow. -Well, Sometimes.

Animals are living creatures and should be treated as such. -So are plants and most of us are not going to starve completely are we.

It's just not right. -Tell that to a Cannibal.

Some plants taste better than meat. -Most meat contains fat; fat is the scientifically tastiest substance on the planet.

Why should we eat meat?

We are the top of the food chain, it is just logical. -What food chain? We're not on a food chain. We eat more things than any animal on the planet, yes. However, we even eat stuff we KNOW we shouldn't. It's weird.

It's normal to eat meat. -When are we ever normal? Back up take a good look at us. We are not even close are we? Abnormality is what we do. Some with more fervor than others.

God put animals here for us to eat. -Oh yeah like it makes the situation any better by bringing a deity into it. People know what kind of reactions they'll get when they say this. It is not pretty.

It tastes good. -Yeah, and Humans have named many other things that tastes good as well. Some are plants. And just because it tastes good does not mean it is. Ex. Anti-freeze.

All meat is good and edible. -Ever heard of poison.

"Discontinued for purposes of maintaining my sanity"

P.S. I hate half of PETA. The radical vigilante asshole half that simply do not know how much a little tact can actually work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom