Author Topic: Episode 239  (Read 50264 times)

Offline Sparnage

Re:Episode 239
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2004, 06:46:53 AM »
Except he's lying.

His face while he was eating it could have fooled me. I thought Serpico was known for his cooking skills

Offline asmer

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2004, 08:18:13 AM »
His face while he was eating it could have fooled me. I thought Serpico was known for his cooking skills

He's lying means he doesn't feel anything in his mouth, not that Serpico's food tastes bad...

Offline puella

• Gourmet Elf
  • Of the Abyss
  • Popopopopopopopo!
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2004, 08:42:22 AM »
or maybe even...

19) Puck is a familiar of the Elf King, and their combined powers, along with the power of Heart, will destroy God Hand forever. ^_-

Yeah, yeah! ;D

I like such a look of Guts. Well, what to say,he seems to grow more with his experience?
Ah it could make sense since I saw some people say why only Guts looks a lot older than before while Griffith or Casca look more beautiful and fresh day by day. :D ;D

*** Anyway, I was surprised to find how many locked threads we have in current chapter section. Why it always goes like that? ::)

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
  • This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2004, 01:06:03 PM »
So when Skull Knight confronts him in the next chapter about the side affects of the armor, Guts already has that experience to reference, adding real weight to Skully's words.
[/center]
Shit man, you can tell I've been out of it when I neglect to put two and two together  :(

Offline Sparnage

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2004, 01:55:49 PM »
He's lying means he doesn't feel anything in his mouth, not that Serpico's food tastes bad...

Makes sense, but I hadnt realised he had already reached the point where he can no longer taste food at all though.

Offline akikaze

« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2004, 02:15:32 PM »
Makes sense, but I hadnt realised he had already reached the point where he can no longer taste food at all though.
That's the idea behind the whole scene. It's used to show that he already reached this point.

Offline Shurikn

• Of the Interstice
  • Meiyo
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2004, 06:06:25 PM »

Edit :
1.I'm an dumbass sometimes (about the first part of my post)

2.Moved the other part to speculation nation (about the other part of my post)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 12:20:15 AM by Shurikn »
La culture c'est comme les confitures, moins t'en as, plus que tu l'étends...

Offline chugoku sensei

• Of the Interstice
  • Too good!
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2004, 04:51:44 AM »
So does the berserk armor take away his sensations, or take control of his body? In that way, I guess that berserk armor itself could be the "familiar" in the title.
Gnoh hai zong go si fu, WONG FEI HONG!

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2004, 05:14:14 AM »
Crocodile-looking monsters attack Guts and the others. Schierke explains they're actual animals turned into "familiars".
She needs some time to summon the four kings. Meanwhile, Guts, Serpico and Isidro fight the familiars.
Next episode in three weeks.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 05:16:36 AM by Olivier Hague »

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2004, 05:40:12 AM »
Thanks as usual, Mr. Hague.

-Griffith

Offline nir085

« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2004, 05:54:37 AM »
Thank you!

Looks like we were all wrong on this one. Admittedly, this was the last thing I thought would happen. What I'm wondering is if this chapter is just about fighting possessed animals, or if this chapter is the first step in showing or explaining Ganishka's power (like his crocs)?
And forgive my ignorance, but Schierke summoned Windinu, one of the four kings in Enoch village right? So now she's going to summon all four of them? Are these aquatic fiend really that terrible ???

Offline asmer

« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2004, 06:19:37 AM »
And forgive my ignorance, but Schierke summoned Windinu, one of the four kings in Enoch village right?
No, Windinu isn't one of the four Kings, just some "spirit" that was worshipped in Enoch long time ago, before the Holy See's religion spread in the country.

So now she's going to summon all four of them? Are these aquatic fiend really that terrible ???
I think the four Kings correspond to her first spell, when a strange Light appeared and burned down every troll that it touched.

Offline Graywords

• Of the Interstice
  • Bettychu, I choose YOU!
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2004, 08:07:17 AM »
Looks like we were all wrong on this one.

or...

18) the alligator is a familiar of some wizard, possibly Ganishka.

Well, almost all of us, at least. ^_-

IN YO FACE, FLANDERS!

I wonder why Schierke will even need to do her heavy duty summon magic... I know Guts is still not even close to full health, but... *shrug* Or maybe there's just a whole shitload of gators ^_-
*SPANKspankspankspankspankspankspankspank*  *hug*
-Luca

ゆだねろ~

Offline Mage

« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2004, 09:03:23 AM »
Maybe these "familiars" were sent by someone to hunt for the kid?  I wouldn't assume Ganiskha at this point, though.
-

Offline asmer

« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2004, 09:06:19 AM »
I wonder why Schierke will even need to do her heavy duty summon magic... I know Guts is still not even close to full health, but... *shrug* Or maybe there's just a whole shitload of gators ^_-

I think their number must be the answer, since it's pretty much the same situation as it was in Enoch... The Trolls themselves weren't that strong but the fact they were flooding the Village endlessly made it impossible for Guts (and Serpico) to protect everybody at the same time.

Offline iggy

• Of the World
  • Oh no! Not hagued again !
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2004, 10:15:07 AM »
Haguetan haa haa.

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2004, 12:47:53 PM »
Crocodile-looking monsters attack Guts and the others. Schierke explains they're actual animals turned into "familiars".
She needs some time to summon the four kings.

Summoning the 4 Kings again? Over a few croc-men? Overkill...
Those guys (and gal?) are going to get tired of her calling them up everytime..."there's something strange... in the neighborhood..."

Wind Elemental = Egon = Void?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 12:37:02 AM by Walter »
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2004, 01:16:59 PM »
Maybe these "familiars" were sent by someone to hunt for the kid?  I wouldn't assume Ganiskha at this point, though.
I don't know if it's relevant, but maybe I should mention the area is surrounded by mist...
(familiars = pishacha?)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 01:22:55 PM by Olivier Hague »

Offline Fletch

• Of the Interstice
  • Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2004, 01:34:55 PM »
Egon = Wind Elemental = Void

Does that make Dana Femto?

Offline Mage

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2004, 05:20:03 PM »
I don't know if it's relevant, but maybe I should mention the area is surrounded by mist...
(familiars = pishacha?)
Was "pishacha" the term for those croc-men that Ganishka was using?  If so, then I'd start leaning towards Ganiskha with the mist...
-

Offline Sparnage

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2004, 05:54:10 PM »
Awwww, we have to wait 3 weeks for chapter 239? That sucks.

Offline asmer

« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2004, 06:01:36 PM »
Awwww, we have to wait 3 weeks for chapter 239? That sucks.

If this Thread is about Episode 239, next Episode should be the 240 if I'm not wrong...

Offline dwarfkicker

« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2004, 06:20:28 PM »
I can't wait to see Guts in action again.  I want to see how well he handles himself in his current condition.

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2004, 07:02:42 PM »
She needs some time to summon the four kings. Meanwhile, Guts, Serpico and Isidro fight the familiars.
Next episode in three weeks.
(familiars = pishacha?)

Looks like we were all wrong on this one. Admittedly, this was the last thing I thought would happen. What I'm wondering is if this chapter is just about fighting possessed animals, or if this chapter is the first step in showing or explaining Ganishka's power (like his crocs)?

Well...

Look at the last page of previous chapter. It is clouds-mist gathering and coming. Something like what Ganishka has created in Midland castle.
And then this crocodile too...
hehe, too much Ganishka
Is he going to spy on Vritannis?

8)

And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.
Pay attention people. Watch your back!

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2004, 08:59:04 PM »
Xech wins. But Gray had you beat by a post. ;)

-Griffith
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 07:13:47 PM by Griffith »