Episode 239

Sparnage said:
His face while he was eating it could have fooled me. I thought Serpico was known for his cooking skills

He's lying means he doesn't feel anything in his mouth, not that Serpico's food tastes bad...

puella

Berserk forever
Graywords said:
or maybe even...

19) Puck is a familiar of the Elf King, and their combined powers, along with the power of Heart, will destroy God Hand forever. ^_-

Yeah, yeah! ;D

I like such a look of Guts. Well, what to say,he seems to grow more with his experience?
Ah it could make sense since I saw some people say why only Guts looks a lot older than before while Griffith or Casca look more beautiful and fresh day by day. :D ;D

*** Anyway, I was surprised to find how many locked threads we have in current chapter section. Why it always goes like that? ::)

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Griffith said:
So when Skull Knight confronts him in the next chapter about the side affects of the armor, Guts already has that experience to reference, adding real weight to Skully's words.​
Shit man, you can tell I've been out of it when I neglect to put two and two together :(

asmer said:
He's lying means he doesn't feel anything in his mouth, not that Serpico's food tastes bad...

Makes sense, but I hadnt realised he had already reached the point where he can no longer taste food at all though.

Sparnage said:
Makes sense, but I hadnt realised he had already reached the point where he can no longer taste food at all though.
That's the idea behind the whole scene. It's used to show that he already reached this point.

Edit :
1.I'm an dumbass sometimes (about the first part of my post)

2.Moved the other part to speculation nation (about the other part of my post)

chugoku sensei

Too good!
So does the berserk armor take away his sensations, or take control of his body? In that way, I guess that berserk armor itself could be the "familiar" in the title.

Crocodile-looking monsters attack Guts and the others. Schierke explains they're actual animals turned into "familiars".
She needs some time to summon the four kings. Meanwhile, Guts, Serpico and Isidro fight the familiars.
Next episode in three weeks.

nir085

Horse and Armor
Thank you!

Looks like we were all wrong on this one. Admittedly, this was the last thing I thought would happen. What I'm wondering is if this chapter is just about fighting possessed animals, or if this chapter is the first step in showing or explaining Ganishka's power (like his crocs)?
And forgive my ignorance, but Schierke summoned Windinu, one of the four kings in Enoch village right? So now she's going to summon all four of them? Are these aquatic fiend really that terrible ???

nir085 said:
And forgive my ignorance, but Schierke summoned Windinu, one of the four kings in Enoch village right?
No, Windinu isn't one of the four Kings, just some "spirit" that was worshipped in Enoch long time ago, before the Holy See's religion spread in the country.

nir085 said:
So now she's going to summon all four of them? Are these aquatic fiend really that terrible ???
I think the four Kings correspond to her first spell, when a strange Light appeared and burned down every troll that it touched.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
nir085 said:
Looks like we were all wrong on this one.

Graywords said:
or...

18) the alligator is a familiar of some wizard, possibly Ganishka.

Well, almost all of us, at least. ^_-

IN YO FACE, FLANDERS!

I wonder why Schierke will even need to do her heavy duty summon magic... I know Guts is still not even close to full health, but... *shrug* Or maybe there's just a whole shitload of gators ^_-

Maybe these "familiars" were sent by someone to hunt for the kid? I wouldn't assume Ganiskha at this point, though.

Graywords said:
I wonder why Schierke will even need to do her heavy duty summon magic... I know Guts is still not even close to full health, but... *shrug* Or maybe there's just a whole shitload of gators ^_-

I think their number must be the answer, since it's pretty much the same situation as it was in Enoch... The Trolls themselves weren't that strong but the fact they were flooding the Village endlessly made it impossible for Guts (and Serpico) to protect everybody at the same time.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Olivier Hague said:
Crocodile-looking monsters attack Guts and the others. Schierke explains they're actual animals turned into "familiars".
She needs some time to summon the four kings.

Summoning the 4 Kings again? Over a few croc-men? Overkill...
Those guys (and gal?) are going to get tired of her calling them up everytime..."there's something strange... in the neighborhood..."
gb3teaser.jpg

Wind Elemental = Egon = Void?

Mage said:
Maybe these "familiars" were sent by someone to hunt for the kid? I wouldn't assume Ganiskha at this point, though.
I don't know if it's relevant, but maybe I should mention the area is surrounded by mist...
(familiars = pishacha?)

Olivier Hague said:
I don't know if it's relevant, but maybe I should mention the area is surrounded by mist...
(familiars = pishacha?)
Was "pishacha" the term for those croc-men that Ganishka was using? If so, then I'd start leaning towards Ganiskha with the mist...

Olivier Hague said:
She needs some time to summon the four kings. Meanwhile, Guts, Serpico and Isidro fight the familiars.
Next episode in three weeks.
(familiars = pishacha?)

nir085 said:
Looks like we were all wrong on this one. Admittedly, this was the last thing I thought would happen. What I'm wondering is if this chapter is just about fighting possessed animals, or if this chapter is the first step in showing or explaining Ganishka's power (like his crocs)?

Well...

xechnao said:
Look at the last page of previous chapter. It is clouds-mist gathering and coming. Something like what Ganishka has created in Midland castle.
And then this crocodile too...
hehe, too much Ganishka
Is he going to spy on Vritannis?

8)

Top Bottom