Episode 239

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
familiars... reminds me of ganks' elephants. This might be proof that there will be a showdown of the kushan and gutts in elfhelm ;D

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
DemonX said:
familiars... reminds me of ganks' elephants. This might be proof that there will be a showdown of the kushan and gutts in elfhelm ;D

DemonX Loses.

-Griffith

i think that the monster in the water at the end of chp. 238 was a kelpie, if so, gutz and co are in deep S**t, i mean they are by the sea.

familiar? im not sure what that means, it probably has some really unexpected meaning.

Griffith

Freddy C said:
i think that the monster in the water at the end of chp. 238 was a kelpie, if so, gutz and co are in deep S**t, i mean they are by the sea.

familiar? im not sure what that means, it probably has some really unexpected meaning.

Usually when Olivier tells us what happens in the chapter we stop speculating otherwise...

It's not Kelpies, it's crocodile (I guess alligator if you prefer) familiars. Familiars are usually demons that wizards and the like summon to do their bidding. In this case, and I'm assuming in the case of Ganishka, if there's even a difference, these were at one time real crocodiles that were transformed into demonic familiars using magic.

-Griffith

Tomorrow will be one of my best days ever. A Berserk chapter release and my last exam.

I have a question about the preview.. someone said it was fire by the window.. i think it's the mist Olivier told us about, am i right ?

Griffith

nir085 said:
Nah. Eventually perhaps, but he's already caught up in Ganishka and Griffith affairs.

Who is "he"? Silatt or Guts? =)

If these are indeed Ganishka's familiars, then it's just a hop, skip and a jump to conclude that Silatt is nearby. Perhaps even the intended target of these marauding reptiles. More points for Xechnao.

Anyway, what the hell is the deal with the familiars? We’ll explore this query and other possibilities in a segment I’m calling,

WHO LET THE CROCS OUT!?
There are two answers as I see it at this point:

I. Ganishka!

II. Not Ganishka.

Let's focus on number one first since it's actually tangible.

I. Okay, they're the same crocodile men as the one we saw in the Demon City chapter, belonging to Ganishka. If so, why? Why are they attacking Guts and company? Let's keep in mind while reading the possibilities below, that last we left the big foggy fella, he was short one princess, and nursing a huge pair of God-defying blue balls. So, he's probably super pissed, and possibly a little desperate.

1. Guts and Casca? Does Ganishka know about their connection to Griffith? Other Apostles know that they're Griffith's sacrifices, so he certainly could too. If so, what's he want with them? Does he think he can use them as some kind of leverage; hostages to replace his lost Princess? Or perhaps an alliance among enemies of God; just a friendly meeting at this point?

2. The Child. For some reason, Ganishka and his henchman are after the child. Does it have to do with the child’s strange Od? Does Ganishka think/know there is a connection to God? Or does the kid's spirit simply smell like Griffith's so the crocs are following it? ;D

3. Coincidence. Guts and the gang just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. They are near Vritannis, Ganishka is pissed, and we know he’s not a big fan of Midland’s native Griffith worshipping religion. So is he mounting a full assault, no holds barred, monsters and all, attack on the Holy See & it’s allies, and a few familiars took a wrong turn at Albuquerque and found lunch on the beach? Or, perhaps the Ganish is taking out his anger on Silatt and friends for the failure back in the Captial, and Prince S happens to have fled right near Guts and company with a slew of crocodile assassins on his tail.

There are many other possibilities of course, but let’s leave this for now, and focus on number two.

II. Okay, if it’s not Ganishka or Ganishka related, then I can only conclude that…

gb3teaser.jpg

"there's somethinn' strange... in the neighborhooood..."

Another wizard that utilzes mist and crocodiles, I guess? =)

-Griffith

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Xech is on the ball. The fact that recently educated Silatt is being persued is a good idea. Maybe we all overlooked how precognitive he really can be :)

or

II.

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
hm, there IS the (remote) possibility that the child is a Daka gone wrong, and Ganishka wants him back for observation.

That said, he could just as well be guts' malformed child as well.

Remember chapter 233? the process of making a Daka involved corrupting a human foetus with demonic SPIRITS. Assuming that Griffith "kicked out" the Demon Child's spirit out of its body and right into the spectral realm, it's not impossible that he got caught in the processes of the Daka factory in Windham. Thus he was reborn and promptly pulled a houdini, fully aware that being around a sorcerer like Ganishka would be hazardous to his health.

it's just an idea, so i guess time (and the Hague) will prove me wrong...or right?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Either that or maybe ganishka is testing Guts to see if he really is powerful enough to maybe form an alliance to kill their "common" enemy. Just my take, but things are getting good. Also, Uriel, good avatar! ;D

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Ok, I was already thinking about that one and Grif is just going my way: maybe the kid is indeed Guts and Caska child somehow, and killing it may be a (the?) way to kill Griffith... May explain why crocs are here rather than kelpies... (even if indeed, those really looked like kelpies...)

Wow... i havent been on board for quite a number of day, my internet was down :'(

But then thanks as usual Mr Hague... For your short and straightforward summary

And yes i have a feeling that Guts band is gonna meet with Ganishka soon

Griffith said:
3. Coincidence. Guts and the gang just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. They are near Vritannis, Ganishka is pissed, and we know he’s not a big fan of Midland’s native Griffith worshipping religion. So is he mounting a full assault, no holds barred, monsters and all, attack on the Holy See & it’s allies, and a few familiars took a wrong turn at Albuquerque and found lunch on the beach? Or, perhaps the Ganish is taking out his anger on Silatt and friends for the failure back in the Captial, and Prince S happens to have fled right near Guts and company with a slew of crocodile assassins on his tail.

If that was the Ganishka crocs we see in 230, then i guess this might be the most possible reason

Before i forget... did the boy show something special? ;D

Bakou

I RIDE a llama!
scannage

http://war3.dnsalias.com/berserk_vol28_ch239_RAW.zip.torrent

The Thirst Quencher, Gator... blood? :eek:

WHAT A FANTASTIC DEMONSTRATION OF THE NEW CHAPTER. IT MAKES ME LUCKY TO BE AROUND. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Sorry about second posting but the above is dedicated to expressing my enthusiasm.
What I wanted to say is... HOLY JESUS BABY!!!
Have you seen last pic??? :eek: :eek: Is this TRUE ASTRAL or what?
P.S. This is the bomb for the wild speculation that is coming

Do you have Bit Torrent to download it !?!?

I want that kind of familiar :p
The spell Shierke want to cast is the same she casted on top of the church (like asmer said on page 4 of thing thread) IF i take Graywords translation by the word... or maybe i dont understand right. She's casting "formation of the four kings" and what make me think it's the same as summoning the 4 spirits is that she mention about not being on holy ground or something..

Top Bottom