Episode 239

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sparnage said:
And I didnt realise he had graduated from badass school and was now in the same category as the other two. My bad, he isnt basically in the story for comic relief.

What?... where did I even come close to implying anything so obtuse? Your response only serves to highlight just how stupid you are to even compare Isidro to Guts & Serpico that way. It's like you're on my side, which would be an awesome trick play on your part since I'm right. ;)

When people make observations like, "Between Zodd and Puck, Zodd is still a much better fighter by far" they need to be slapped. And yes, Isidro is a funny character that supplies a majority of the comic relief along with Puck. But, people that don't see past that to the other aspects of his character that Miura has PAINFULLY highlighted in chapters past are morons. Are you a moron Sparnage?

Or would you prefer the term in-duh-vidual?

-Griffith

P.S. GUTZZ ES STRONGER THAN JILL!!!!

Just making sure I'm not the only one who knows it! 8)

I know what you meant, not exactly hard to figure out and it should be clear what I am implying, if not then ill be straight forward;

Unless you were being sarcastic which It didnt seem like, saying that "Isidro graduate student of badass school" is saying he is almost in the same league as them. Of course I didnt realise you would get so defensive otherwise I wouldnt have said anything.

Hmm, I guess you couldnt find any spelling errors to hold against me otherwise im sure you would point one out like for other members you argue with, but there is always the future, at least you managed to get in some good insults.
Moron? In-duh-vidual? Your hurting my feelings over here.

Griffith

Sparnage said:
Unless you were being sarcastic which It didnt seem like, saying that "Isidro graduate student of badass school" is saying he is almost in the same league as them.

Here's where you prove, yet again, you're a dumbass. My statement was an innocent comment on the fact that Isidro has come along way in his fighting abilities. It's another milestone in a sub-plot that's gotten quite bit of ink if you've been paying attention to the story at all for the last four volumes. Sorry you missed it.

Sparnage said:
Hmm, I guess you couldnt find any spelling errors to hold against me otherwise im sure you would point one out like for other members you argue with, but there is always the future, at least you managed to get in some good insults.
Moron? In-duh-vidual? Your hurting my feelings over here.

And you're calling me defensive? Was that a compliment?

Look, why should I point out spelling mistakes when your entire statement is stupid? And I actually asked you if you're a moron. So far you have not answered in the negative or said anything to suggest otherwise.

-Griffith

P.S. By request:

Hey Sparnage, have you heard of the apostrophe; it forms possessive nouns and indicates the omission of letters. Start using it. ;)

Griffith said:
Here's where you prove, yet again, you're a dumbass. My statement was an innocent comment on the fact that Isidro has come along way in his fighting abilities. It's another milestone in a sub-plot that's gotten quite bit of ink if you've been paying attention to the story at all for the last four volumes. Sorry you missed it.
Yes, I understand that but before things were blown way out of proportion, saying " he is well on his way" is not "he had graduated from badass school". Again even I didnt see this as worth arguing if i knew it would lead to this I wouldnt have bothered but oh well, nothing better to do, and clearly its the same for you.

And you're calling me defensive? Was that a compliment?
Look, why should I point out spelling mistakes when your entire statement is stupid? And I actually asked you if you're a moron. So far you have not answered in the negative or said anything to suggest otherwise.
It should be obvious that I am not going to even dignify that with an answer. What do you want me to say? "no im not, you are", "no, your a dumbass" or better yet "hey you poo head". in a position like this I wouldnt start such petty insults nor answer them. People here who argue with newbies do that, I expect higher from you.

Griffith

Sparnage said:
saying " he is well on his way" is not "he had graduated from badass school"

Sorry, I guess I should have known that fighting twenty foot crocodiles isn't "badass" or anything out of the ordinary in Australia.

-Griffith

P.S. I had a "classier" response, but I couldn't resist. ;D

Oh, and I called him a graduate student of badass school to be exact. Meaning he's well on his way. So shut up already, please.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Thanks for the scans Saeki... That guts... truly a bad mother fucker. But looks like all the gang is refining their fighting skills. That kid smells like trouble.

Well just look through the scans and i have to say... BADASS!!!!

Ok... but then are they going to break throught the croc armies? Is there anything else coming other than the cro-men? ::)

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Thanks for the scans Saeki... That guts... truly a bad mother fucker. But looks like all the gang is refining their fighting skills. That kid smells like trouble.

Thank Bakou. Not like it really matters who's credited for the scans - we should all thank Miura... Same goes for translations ;o Nevermind, I don't want to get into copyright law here =PpP

Ok, I've been observing the phases of the moon. Midland castle was attacked 2-3 days ago by Griffith. That means that Ganishka and its crocs can travel propably amazingly fast. If he is going against Vritannis I am afraid Guts and co will have a difficulty finding a boat for sailing to Elfhelm. Unless Ganishka (supposingly that it really is him around) he stops and interacts with Guts and co, things will be desperate for them. That is because if Ganishka's mist and crocs make it to the port, I see the crocs destroying every vessel in the sea plus all the people (I doupt Griffith's army could catch them any time now).
But I believe it could also be very propable what I said above, that is him interacting with Guts and co now, before reaching Vritannis. That is not only because of the brand that seems to attract the apostles-familiars (it seems that on the contrary with ghosts, apostles can locate it, even with the ward and talisman protection ) but also because of Shielke's spell that is going to cast. I then believe that Ganishka will surelly be very interested in our friends.

xechnao said:
That means that Ganishka and its crocs can travel propably amazingly fast. If he is going against Vritannis I am afraid Guts and co will have a difficulty finding a boat for sailing to Elfhelm.

I dun see the point as to why even Ganishka would even bother to leave Midland... it was still his and Griffith had not succeeded in getting back his country, so i think probably he will be still shaking his legs in his throne. Unless you are trying to say in his pursuit for the princess...

And your "amazingly fast" seem to give wrong impression that Ganishka was defeated and was fleeing "amazingly fast" from Griffith

nir085

Horse and Armor
Smith's got a point. It would be really weird for Ganishka to send out crocs after a few wanderers who are moving far away from Midland. Especially after the princess has been captured, a good percentage of his army has been decimated, and he has been humiliated so much. You would think that he would need the crocs anyways. Right now he needs all the freaks he can get. So I'm going to have to hop on the "child summoned the familiars somehow" bandwagon.

But then, if that were true, then it is also strange to note how inactive the child was in the last chapter.

Griffith

xechnao said:
Ok, I've been observing the phases of the moon. Midland castle was attacked 2-3 days ago by Griffith.

Or a month earlier? Or at the same time as what we're seeing now?

-Griffith

I doubt the kid summoned the crocs, spears and all, since as Schierke said they required a special process to be created to begin with. I still think they were sent to kill/retrieve him; Guts' party just happened to pick him up coincidentally. And if Schierke's going to cast the 4 kings for a bunch of crocs, I think we might be seeing something major come along...it'd be pretty anticlimactic otherwise. Or maybe it'll have some effect on the kid (or vice versa) and do something strange?

Griffith said:
Or a month earlier? Or at the same time as what we're seeing now?

-Griffith

If you pay close attention on the page where Zodd holds the bed with Charlotte and flies away you will see that the moon is not full but only 2-3 days before completion.
As far as a month goes I believe we can safelly reject this by judging the situation on Guts' team. Guts for example hasn't healed yet and Shielke has just now shed her tears about Flora.

Smith and nir085 I think you misunderstood me. I am not saying that Ganishka is leaving Midland, just propablly attacking Vritannis. Remember that forces are gathered there to begin a campaign against the Kushans. If Ganishka may attack Vritannis now with his crocs I believe he could ruin the plans of his enemies, there.

Griffith

xechnao said:
If you pay close attention on the page where Zodd holds the bed with Charlotte and flies away you will see that the moon is not full but only 2-3 days before completion.
As far as a month goes I believe we can safelly reject this by judging the situation on Guts' team. Guts for example hasn't healed yet and Shielke has just now shed her tears about Flora.

Yes, but the fact remains that we really have no way to be sure when Griffith attacked Ganishka.

Anyway, I agree that these events probably happened in close proximity together, but I don't see the point of speculating off lunar patterns, timing that's only inferred, and distances we don't know at all, especially when you consider travel by sea. What do we learn; crocs be fast?

-Griffith

Griffith said:
Yes, but the fact remains that we really have no way to be sure when Griffith attacked Ganishka.

Well, 2-3 days before present time story. Quite sure no more than 4 days at max I'ld say (judging always on the moon's phase).

Griffith said:
Anyway, I agree that these events probably happened in close proximity together, but I don't see the point of speculating off lunar patterns, timing that's only inferred, and distances we don't know at all, especially when you consider travel by sea. What do we learn; crocs be fast?

-Griffith

Not necessarily. Ganishka could have order his crocs forward before Griffith attacked the castle. We don't know about this for sure. But in the case he did sent them afterwards (which IMHO is the most plausible case since Miura didn't gave us a clue about it when Griffith was attacking him) -other than the crocs fast swim abilities which are obvious- we could have a clue of the geography of the area: Midland castle (hence by a river) should be very near the ocean coast and that point shouldn't be far from Vritannis, by boat at least.
Anyway, what we do learn more certainly is that Ganishka is a badass, able to sent his mist almost wherever he wishes, seeing and perceiving and also controlling his familiars from a distance. You' ve really got here a version of your legendary arabian style high-power wizard such as the egyptian king at the times of Alexander the Great or the jinn of the lamp and it's wizard master of the Aladin tale.

Griffith

xechnao said:
Well, 2-3 days before present time story. Quite sure no more than 4 days at max I'ld say (judging always on the moon's phase)

-Griffith

Griffith said:

-Griffith

What? English sucks? Anyway, here is the pic for your reference

http://skullknight.net/majin/c235/18.jpg

check out that is not full yet, just a couple of days to completion

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
ehh sorry, I didn't read this whole thread but, this chapter was F###ing awesome.

I got to agree with Griffith, Ishidoro is badass. His moves are just fucking sweet. Almost as good to to watch as Gatsu. Serpico too, hehe when he opens his evil eye under the full moon, its good stuff. He is getting way more badass all the time. I can't wait for him to get a solo battle with someone. Preferably the apostle archer. But I would like to see him and Griffith go at it by some chance, although this would be years away and probably mean Serpico's death. Still it would be an awesome fight. Somehow Gatsu and Griffith dont match up that well to me for fighting.

As always, much appreciation to those who scan/upload/translate these chapters so quickly.

I really enjoyed the chapter. I'm hoping it's Ganishka behind all this, because that'll mean he'll give Griffith a run for his money (I hope.)

Also enjoyed seeing Guts, Serpico, and Isidro fighting together. A mismatched group, but one that works well together.

Guts' cloak is looking like a big furry tail. Kinda creepy.

Agreeing with a few others that Isidro is maturing. He's sill mostly comic relief, but I've been liking him quite a lot in these past few books.

Good to see Serpico do something besides cook. An interesting look for him. He's picking up this magic stuff quickly. I wonder if it will have side-effects, since magic stuff can be tricky.

Sometimes Serpico reminds me of Griffith, beyond being just blond, slight, and pretty. Maybe it's the scariness under the surface. Or maybe it's because they both have a flying thing going on.

I'm very curious to see where this is all headed. It amazes me that Miura can write this story and these characters for so long and still keep the interest going, still spring surprises, and keep the characters growing and changing.

Sorry. Just had to do a little Miura gushing there...

Griffith

xechnao said:
What? English sucks?

It's not the language that left me speechless.

xechnao said:
Anyway, here is the pic for your reference

http://skullknight.net/majin/c235/18.jpg

check out that is not full yet, just a couple of days to completion

Obviously.

-Griffith

P.S. I hear wheels spinning but not going anywhere.

I wonder if those crocs men were sent to kill/capture the boy... Somehow they are here not because of Guts but it was for the boy...

And if those were Gank troop then i speculation he may have some interest on the boy as well...

Damn!!! There is still much to be uncovered

Strife

Forsaken Destiny
Great chapter but I am still waiting to see what Guts can do in his new armor when he is fully rested up. I definetly won't complain about all the great action lately though :)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Griffith said:
Once the barrier was up, the Trolls were done.
Even those in the church and those that climbed on the roof ?
Ogre couldn't pass, he just threw projectiles.
and that way he could have destroyed the church if Guts had not challenged him

Actually, Guts was responsible for all that. The Qliphoth wasn't sealed by Schierke, it was destroyed alltogether because of Slan's entry and then her exit, care of the big guy. Guts has TEH POWER!

Strange I was under the impression that it was Skully beherit-powered sword that did the deed

Top Bottom