Schierke's destiny

I know that.. what i mean is do we know what she mean by

"Schierke - We'll head to the treasure room. There is something their that we must give to Guts.
I understand master, if that is your wish. I do not know if that man is my destiny. But right now, the only person that can save him is I, a magic user."
I took that translation in the translation section for the chapter 224.
I'm pretty sure that her destiny is only Gut's journey... that's why I asked this question...

Thanks anyways..

nir085

Horse and Armor
Yeah, I think that's pretty much it.
If her destiny is something else, then I don't have a clue what it is, as there have been no plot hints [that I remember] pertaining to that destiny.

The reason why I think there's something else is because the way she's saying this and the plot they are when she's saying this... maybe there's nothing else but... by saying Guts is her destiny i think it's kind of a strange way to say that the journey she is now in is that destiny... maybe it's just because i'm hoping more.. like the relation Flora and Skullknight had (we don't know much about this one either..)

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
Well, with Flora suggesting that Guts is her destiny, you've also got her suggesting that fate isn't a circle, but a spiral. So whatever 'destiny' was for flora, doesn't mean it will be for Shelkie.

In other words, a lot of posibilities are open.

You've got the elf pointing towards innuendo, & Shelkie herself getting embarrased...so there, in itself, is one possibility.

If anything, I think their relationship will resemble that of Rickert & Casca.

Then there's the whole ordeal with her helping guts rescue his humanity. This already makes them somewhat closer (save for guts & Casca) at least as friends. Guts understands that Shelkie can & will help him, & Shelkie understands that Guts is indeed 'still alive' whatever that means =/

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
C'mon guys, this thread is supposed to be about Sheckie's destiny. :)

-Griffith

Demented Swordsman said:
Guts understands that Shelkie can & will help him, & Shelkie understands that Guts is indeed 'still alive' whatever that means =/

When Flora talks about Guts still being alive, I think she is referring to the fact he survived the Eclipse. While Schierke is having doubts about Guts' goal, his will to destroy the God Hand, beings that are far beyond what Humans can touch, can reach, Flora says that in the first place, as a Branded, he wasn't supposed to survive at all, but he did. So one's Fate can be fought, Guts should have died, but he is still alive!

But when Schierke says that Guts is her Destiny, for what I think, doesn't imply that she knows WHAT exactly is going to be her Destiny. That means that from now on, Guts' Destiny will be her Destiny as well. That the actions of Guts will have an impact on her own life. But also, I am not sure that the Journey to Elfhelm in itself is really a part of her Destiny, Destiny has for me the idea of long term, Schierke can't know for sure what will her future be, especially if she travels with a guy whose habit is to defy Fate. So saying Guts is her Destiny is a way to state that from the moment she met Guts ans his crew, her Destiny became very uncertain, that everything, Good or Bad, can happen. But whatever happens, she can't really control her Destiny anymore. At least that's what I understand... ;D

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
I wouldn't open a new thread for this and i used the search engine and found nothing about it. I am asking me where Schierke comes from.
Where and how did Flora found her?
Another thing i thought about are her abilities. Can everyone be a magic user or is it a rare gift. I mean Sonja for example has a special gift and is not educated in using magic. Perhaps Flora adopted Schierke, because she sensed in her that kind of gift and wanted her to be her successor. :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Feanor said:
Where and how did Flora found her?

We don't know. It might be revealed later on (or not).

Feanor said:
Another thing i thought about are her abilities. Can everyone be a magic user or is it a rare gift.

Apparently, everyone can be. Farnese is currently learning, that's a good indication. Some are probably better at it than others though, like for everything.

Feanor said:
I mean Sonja for example has a special gift and is not educated in using magic. Perhaps Flora adopted Schierke, because she sensed in her that kind of gift and wanted her to be her successor.

Sonia is a special case. She's able to foretell the future, something that Schierke (and probably other magic users) can't do. She can also use telepathy, but her gift seems different from conventional magic, and apart from it she seemingly doesn't have any magic ability or knowledge. Concerning Schierke, if anything she's skilled, but that could be because she had the best teacher one could possibly want. That doesn't mean she isn't naturally talended though, because she seems so, but that's not the same as being "gifted" like Sonia is. As for the reason Flora "adopted" her... Honestly there are too many possibilities to be able to tell for now.

Top Bottom