What is your favourite moment in the Anime?

W

waqas786uk

Hi people

Here's your chance to pick your favourite moment in the Berserk anime and share that moment with the rest of us. Remember it can be and entire scene or just on word said by your favourite character. And be sure to tell us why yo like it so much.

My favourite moment would have to be at the end of episode 24 right before griffith sacrifices the Hawks. He turns to see Gatts coming to save him and reflects on their relationship and how he was the only one who could ever make Griffith forget his dream. Truely touching. The only moment in the entire series that came close to making em cry, except for perhaps Judeau's death.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffiths sacrifice is also my favorite moment in the manga and the anime. Every second of that scene just sends goosebumps down my body.

Coming a close second is watching the entire Skully scene in volume 13, as he drops down from the sun and attempts to kill Void. Surely one of the most surreal and progressive scenes in the manga.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
my fav is when griffis speax to gattsu on the hilltop before they fight...i want u, gatts, that's legendary

Ahmed

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
my favorite scene is the 100 men fight it's really exciting  ;D and the scene where gurrifith talking with charlote after gattsu assassination mission  :)

highgrade_reefer

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Hey, hows it goin?

My favorite scene in the anime was the one on one Gattsu had with General Boscogne....but the scene right before the sacrifice had me goin too....

my favorite scene has to be when gats turded on griffith....no, j/k......actually, just before the sacrifice....when griffith finishes recalling his childhood and relationship with gats....('he always made me forget")...he silently says something like 'i make the sacrifice'......now thats some eerie shite!

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
The scene before the sacrfice is brilliant... but...

I also love the one when Griffith is lying in his cell, thinking about what Gatts meant to him.

But... I think this one has to be my favourite in both manga and anime:

Right after Griffith has recuperated from Zodds attack, when he meets up with Gatts who has been training. The silence after that comment: "Do I need a reason every time I save your life?"... as we pull away for a longshot, Gatts sitting on the railing, Griffith is leaning against it, the autumn leaves in the air, the soft music... that peaceful moment is just so... I don't know. It moves me so deeply.

My favorite moment is in ep 1, the fight against the Snake Apostle...Guts' shooting the arm-cannon, using the recoil to pick up the Dragonslayer, then swinging it 180 degrees into the snake and slicing through.

For some reason the sacrifice didn't surprise me at all.

my favorite moment of the anime is when Guts goes to assinate Yurius, and Adonis walks in. just by instinct guts turns and attacks Adonis, to hide who he was. but his face right after he finds out who he killed was absolutely brilliant. the emotion animated in those moments were absolutely believable, and i felt sorry for both Adonis and Guts.

o_O
I think you inversed the names, Adonis is Yurius' child... ^^;;
But anyway, I agree with you, this scene shows a vulnerable side of Guts, and that doesn't happen often... I still prefer the way it is depicted in the manga, which seems more intense, would I say (but now, this thread is about the anime)
The way Guts was drawn in the few pages (or scenes) between the escape through the sewer and Griffith's speech about his dream, is also great imho....

biggerthanzodd

mmm...banana
One of my favorite scenes is when Gatts and Judeau look at Griffith's face during the rescue mission. Gatts's emotion breaks free and he truly goes berserk, feeling both great loss and uncontrollable fury.

o_O
I think you inversed the names, Adonis is Yurius' child...

ah, thanks... i thought i had it wrong before, but i for some reason left it as is...its corrected now.
ugh, i need more sleep... this 4 hours a day is wearing on me...

Sofus

I serve the God Hand
I think I'd really have to go for the moment when Zodd changed into his larger demon-form in ep 6. Gatts' facial expression is of so utter and total terror and despair at that moment that it gave me goosebumps! :)

Isaac

"and when king alexander saw the breadth of h
Call me an old fashion hopeless romantic but my favorite part in the anime is when Gatts and Caska kiss for the first time. I was soo not expecting that when I saw the series for the first time, and when it happened I was squealing like a 13 year old girl at a Freddy Prince Jr. movie.

Isaac

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
For me, The fight between Gatts and Boscogne. Where they take a small break to ponder their thoughts. Bosconge thinking he might die aganst the 100 man killer Gatts. Gatts thinking he needs to stay focused or its all over for him. Then Gatts remembers the fight with Zodd(perhaps even thinking that Boscogne is nothing compared to Zodd) and grins devishly. Classic!

I think I'd really have to go for the moment when Zodd changed into his larger demon-form in ep 6. Gatts' facial expression is of so utter and total terror and despair at that moment that it gave me goosebumps! :)

This supports my favorite moment!!!!

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
i'll have to go for the breaking of the eclipse, specifically when skull knight shatters the black sun, that just screamed mystical badassness (is that a word?).

like walter said, that was damn surreal.

i find words hard to describe what i felt throughout the scene, but i can say that it was one of the most satisfying scenes *ever*

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, one more scene that I really cant believe I forgot about. As Guts runs away from Godo's cave in volume 13, his bandages ripped from his body by the thorns and his own actions. He thinks of the Hawks and how they will never come back, and he thinks of the times that they had together his only family.

The panels that Miura chose to portray Corkas, Pippin, and Judeau are simply...tear-jerking.

This scene is by far the most emotional for me.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Well, if ya want tear jerking. The scene that did it for me was just after young Gutts killing the wolves, he blacks out and the mercanies pick him up off the road, Guts has that dream/memory of Gambino. In this scene Gambino is smiling at him. That meant ALOT to him.

Poor Adonis....

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
"A friend is someone who is on my level".
Griffith says that at the end of the Adonis episode during the dialogue with charlotte... he doesn't know Gattsu is listening to him.

"A friend is someone who's on my level"
and Gattsu is looking up to Griffith... i like that.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
"A friend is someone who is on my level".
Griffith says that at the end of the Adonis episode during the dialogue with charlotte... he doesn't know Gattsu is listening to him.

a fellow berserk fan that i know believes that this is the most CRITICAL point -- where the "happy days" ends and everything begins to go to hell.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
a fellow berserk fan that i know believes that this is the most CRITICAL point -- where the "happy days" ends and everything begins to go to hell.
i don't know... maybe... but i still think the point where everything begins to go to hell is right after Gattsu and Griffith's second duell...

just as Griffith sword is broken.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

Yeah I agree. The one truly pivotal moment in the relationship between Griffith and Gatts. Everything else resulted from that single moment, and had those words not be said... then things might have turned out very different.

Walther: Ah, I forgot! Can't believe I did not choose that scene! I have rarely seen such pain depicted before, that desperate running... to find your page after the anime, and then go inside and read THAT. I was totally blown away. Yes, almost in tears.

magoamoth

Please... my egg... don't do anything to it... pro
whoo, many moments are great: century men fight, Gatts&Griffith talking just before they fight for the second time, meeting with Zodd,sacrifice..... ans so more!

In this moment, I have a tought on two moments: when Gatts beats Griffith and get his freedom back just before he leaves the Hawks and one of the moment when I was the most depressed: when Judeau dies: we see him falling slowly in thinking Casca near him: "these are my last words? But there is another thing that I couldn't say to you"
I cried when I watched it because he was the character that anyone wanted to have as best friend (and dying without telling the one you love your feelings is so pathetic)

But in the manga, I agree with Walter: my favourite chapter (actually) is right after eclipse when Gatts run away from Judeau,Erica,Casca and ayone, especially him...
Can't find one word to describe my feelings the times I read it

My favorite moment has to be when the skullknight breaks throught the eclipse that is probably one of the most exciting moments in berserk. Another moment I like is when Griffith and Charlotte are talking and Guts over hears their conversation thats a very important moment that was the key to Griffiths downfall.

Top Bottom