Secret Project Episode III: Timeline

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Updated the timeline quite a bit with current events. It was about 3 years backlogged since the last update. Thinking about changing all the wacky, arbitrary colors of the images to grayscale, or maybe a sepia hue or something. Anything less jarring than HOT PINK or HOT GAY PURPLE. Thoughts?

http://skullknight.net/encyclopedia/world/timeline/timeline.html

Ok sorry if this is "by design," as I can hardly imagine someone hasn't pointed this out sooner, but I'm stumped if it was intentional as I can't figure out why it would be. Please help me understand.

1) The timeline shows that Slan was born 216 years and that Ubik was born 352 years before the reincarnation. Making them only 136 years apart. Isn't a new Godhand born every 216 years?

2) If a new god hand is born every 216 years, and griffith being born as femto is slated to happen 2 years before the reincarnation, shouldnt slan be born 216 years before that, putting her at 218 years before the reincarnation? And the same for the rest of the Godhand? Sorry to be nitpicky. In the event that someone had not said this before I wanted to mention it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
First off you're right about Ubik's date being too early in the timeline. But the reason it's so off here is because there's an 80-year discrepancy in the timeline if you do the 216 thing x5. It adds to 1080, which is 80 years off from what we know of Gaiseric's empire and the 1000-year reincarnation ceremony. Maybe in the astral world, it's 1000 years, give or take 100? :void:

But yeah, I'll "fix" the dates to make them more straightforward/correct.

As for the 2+ year thing, it's something I noticed just today and I've already begun implementing, by adding a few years to the Midland/Tudor 100 years war. I'll make sure the rest of the math pans out for others too. But thanks!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
First off you're right about Ubik's date being too early in the timeline. But the reason it's so off here is because there's an 80-year discrepancy in the timeline if you do the 216 thing x5. It adds to 1080, which is 80 years off from what we know of Gaiseric's empire and the 1000-year reincarnation ceremony. Maybe in the astral world, it's 1000 years, give or take 100? :void:

But only 4 members of the God Hand preceded Femto, so it should be 216 x 4 = 864. The downfall of Gaiseric's capital city isn't necessarily related to them. :void:

Anyway, I still think we should get rid of Griffith's age, especially for years "-12", "-10" and "-8(?)". In fact, I don't think it's wise to try to pinpoint when those events took place by grouping them with events in Guts' life, so I'd get rid of them or at least degroup them (make -12 and -10 standalone Griffith entries like -8) and add a (?) for all 3.

I was reading the timeline (it's been a few years since I last read it) and I noticed that between year -2 and year -1 there's an entry mentioning Wyald. It says:

Encounters the Apostle Wild. Is "rescued" by Zodd.

I just mention this for consistency's sake since the name in the glossary is Wyald.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
m said:
I was reading the timeline (it's been a few years since I last read it) and I noticed that between year -2 and year -1 there's an entry mentioning Wyald and Zodd's meeting. It says:

Encounters the Apostle Wild. Is "rescued" by Zodd.

I just mention this for consistency's sake since the name in the glossary is Wyald.

Ah yeah, good point, I forgot to mention that. There are a few other names that need to be changed as well, like "Godo" > "Godot".

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
einherjar said:
Whoah... I just noticed the DC game on the timeline... Did it really happen after Griffith's reincarnation?
Most definitely. Guts had Casca with him in the DC game, remember? He didn't find her before the events at Albion.

Furthermore, when the original ep was published, I think it was ep 184, there was a little text box near the front of the ep that said "events of the dream cast game occur during this portion" as it showed that city being invaded by the Kushans.

Top Bottom