Secret Project Episode IV: Universe

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Based on work Griffith pioneered back in the day, the new Universe section is now complete. The new design is from a prototype Griffith had been working on for a while now. I just blinged it up with some color and added a few paragraphs to the sides for elaboration. And while he's probably going to kick my ass for making it public without his permission, I don't think he'll notice if we keep it on the down low, ok? So Shhhhhhhhh...

The Berserk Universe

PS: The World section is now complete.

nir085

Horse and Armor
I have to admit that I did not understand half that stuff before you put it up, so thanks for enlightening me. And that was pretty quick too.

So aside from the finishing touches on the Merchandise section, is the Encyclopedia finished or are you going to do any of those "coming soon" sections?

I'd like to see Griffith's God Hand Guide go up in the encyclopedia when much, much more information is given about them, since the "characters" entries function as a basic guide and encyclopedias are meant to encompass everything.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
nir085 said:
I have to admit that I did not understand half that stuff before you put it up, so thanks for enlightening me. And that was pretty quick too.
Like I said, Griff has been working on it for a while. I just blinged it up.

So aside from the finishing touches on the Merchandise section, is the Encyclopedia finished or are you going to do any of those "coming soon" sections?
Next Im working on the Merchandise section *groans* :-\ (not looking forward to it ... )

I'd like to see Griffith's God Hand Guide go up in the encyclopedia when much, much more information is given about them, since the "characters" entries function as a basic guide and encyclopedias are meant to encompass everything.
Well that would depend on whether or not Griff or yourself wanted to pick up on it. I wouldn't mind expanding the Character section a little. But right now, that would have to come after all the other sections are done ... or when I get bored of doing the Merchandise section (inevitable).

Walter said:
PS: The World section is now complete.

About the Timeline, I have two new comments:

1) There was someone who posted this image sometime ago, about the DC Game. It's not a screenshot and it's ?probably? been drawn by Mr Miura himself, so maybe somebody with higher artistic skills than me can do something good with it:
DC.jpg

(http://nikoniko.3322.org/nikoniko/series/berserk/berserk.htm)

2) Did you dismiss the idea of the frames? I personally think that having 'GUTS' & 'THE WORLD' always displayed on screen can be a good thing.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
1) There was someone who posted this image sometime ago, about the DC Game. It's not a screenshot and it's ?probably? been drawn by Mr Miura himself, so maybe somebody with higher artistic skills than me can do something good with it:
That's what I was looking for, couldn't find it though. Thanks. I'll timelineize it tonight.

2) Did you dismiss the idea of the frames? I personally think that having 'GUTS' & 'THE WORLD' always displayed on screen can be a good thing.
I don't think frames are going to fit. If we have static frames, any user @ 800x600 res. will have to scroll up/down to view the entire height of the images.

Walter said:
I don't think frames are going to fit. If we have static frames, any user @ 800x600 res. will have to scroll up/down to view the entire height of the images.
Alright, it's true I hadn't think about this problem.

One last thing, I'm not trying to be nit-picky, but to be totally accurate, with the '1000 years' cycle, shouldn't the '100 years war' begin somewhere near (-102) - (-103) rather than in (-100)? Not that important but I was wondering... ::)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
Alright, it's true I hadn't think about this problem.

One last thing, I'm not trying to be nit-picky, but to be totally accurate, with the '1000 years' cycle, shouldn't the '100 years war' begin somewhere near (-102) - (-103) rather than in (-100)? Not that important but I was wondering... ::)
Yep! Thanks. Small errors like that are what I'm counting on you guys for.

asmer said:

It's easy in CSS to set text to be static relative to the browser window. That's certainly better than frames...

Top Bottom