Secret Project Episode V: Merchandise

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really having trouble getting started here. Just no motivation to do this section because I have such little knowledge of it. I realize now that i can't possibly conquer this beast without your help.

needed:
- list of all statues and toys w/price estimation
- images of DVD covers (japan and american releases)
- art book covers
- Design layout (once the full list of content is up)
- Full list of content ;D

Ask not what The BERSERK Encyclopedia can do for you, but what you can do for your BERSERK Encyclopedia.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A new plan:

I'm ousting statues, figures and any merchandise that doesn't expand the World of Berserk. The new list includes:

Manga
Games
Artbooks
Card Game (...maybe)

nir085

Horse and Armor
Isn't there already manga/artbook listings/pics on this site ???

And I've actually started work on a merchandise list (4 pages so far :-\), so if you ever change your mind about that let me know

Walter said:
The new list includes:
-> Manga
I've done something about the BERSERK manga in France, I don't know if it can fit in your encyclopaedia, but anyway I've done it if you want to have a look: HERE.
I'm justnot sure for the release dates since I bought them all at the same time.

Walter said:
-> Card Game (...maybe)
I just put the link for the TCG's rules here, I've changed the bgcolor as you said: HERE.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, Asmer. Now I have most of the content ready for publishing. However, what I'm really looking for right now is a good design template to display the anime in. Right now it is quite ghetto... in my opinion.

I can't seem to think of anymore information to display about the Anime within the design I currently have. Thoughts?

Walter said:
Thanks, Asmer. Now I have most of the content ready for publishing. However, what I'm really looking for right now is a good design template to display the anime in. Right now it is quite ghetto... in my opinion.

I can't seem to think of anymore information to display about the Anime within the design I currently have. Thoughts?

In my opinion the design looks really well. But since you asked for it, I've found something you can add without changing anything with the design! ;D
These informations from the last FAQ seemed important to me, so I thought by putting a "alt=" in your HTML code, you can have them displayed when the mouse is over one of the images (I chose the Back Cover)... Now I won't say it is really necessary, but that way you are not losing any informations compared to the last FAQ.

I hope that can help!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm... Well I like the idea of incorporating the informaton in that table (I'd honestly forgotten about that stuff), however I don't think the "alt=" method is the best. I can probably throw in a smaller table somewhere... I'll get on it. Thanks!

Walter said:
Hmmm... Well I like the idea of incorporating the informaton in that table (I'd honestly forgotten about that stuff), however I don't think the "alt=" method is the best. I can probably throw in a smaller table somewhere... I'll get on it. Thanks!

You're welcome.
I must agree the "alt=" isn't the best thing, especially since I don't think the weird yellow backgroung can be changed, and it looks pretty bad...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Malf said:
I think it really is looking good.
Thanks. I've worked on it on and off the past few days. It's shaping up pretty well. However, I've had exams this whole week. I also have a busy weekend even after I'm finally "free" from school. So don't expect a helluva whole lot before the end of next week.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
I understand Walter. You have a life to live, take all the time you need to finish it.

You've done a great job with the entire Encyclopedia. I can't wait to see the finished project!

To be honest, I thought the old Encyclopedia was good, but I suppose it outgrows its greatness after a while...

Walter said:
Thanks. I've worked on it on and off the past few days. It's shaping up pretty well. However, I've had exams this whole week. I also have a busy weekend even after I'm finally "free" from school. So don't expect a helluva whole lot before the end of next week.

I don't know if there will be a place for the translations in the BERSERK Encyclopedia, but I picked up the un-HTMLized translations on the Board and converted them in this format. I used the design that was used for the other Episodes in the same Volume, and I took the liberty to redo Episode 116, because there were some mistakes in it.

I also redid the Episodes in Volumes 25 & 26 to put the actual pages numbers, and I added the BERSERK logo that was on the other Episodes.

And finally I did the Episodes of Volume 27 in HTML, if you're interested.

http://mapage.noos.fr/b.astier/berserk/SK/traductions/trans.htm

That's all, if you think that can be of any interest, I did the HTML source that fits these new Episodes, it's at the end of the link above. I just changed the background color to the new official one, #f3f4f4. :)

Well, just as a little something to help this section along, I devised a system so people can actually contribute content. Once it's in, it can all be migrated to a design Walter wants rather easily.

http://www.darktitan.net/bullshit/sk/merch.php

You can't submit anything yet, that will be up in the next day or so, once I get file uploading capability working right.

Any ideas for categories or other methods of organizing the data would be appreciated.

Top Bottom