BERSERK Demo to be release in Japan!!!

Here's the news from ign.com

"Sammy strings two titles together.

April 27, 2004 - Publisher Sammy will release Vampire Panic for PlayStation 2 on 6/24 in Japan. On that day, in addition to trying out one of the few vampire games set for release this year in Vampire Panic, you'll also get to try out Berserk as a demo will be included in the initial print run of the game.

So what can those who pick up Vampire Panic just for the demo look forward to outside of a few minutes with Berserk? In Vampire Panic, you play as a commander in ISLA (International Spirit Liberators Association) and attempt to take out vampires. This action-adventure title is being developed by Alpha System, who also worked on Shin Seiki Evangelion 2.
Stay tuned for coverage on both Berserk and Vampire Panic at E3 or, failing that, in late June."

Hmm the only way to get the Demo is to buy another game. :-\ So um will anyone buy it?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Berserk demo will likely be included along with one of the Playstation2 magazines in the US. Keep your eyes open on the newstands this summer, guys.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
Walter said:
The Berserk demo will likely be included along with one of the Playstation2 magazines in the US. Keep your eyes open on the newstands this summer, guys.

Hopefully, from what I've seen it looks like it'll be pretty sweet.

exhumethecorpse

I'm a llamer
Is the berserk game even coming to america? I doubt it, the sammy american website hasnt mentioned it in the least. Not to mention its not on their e3 list. And its not like it can capitalize off a tv showing like other anime games coming out. The only way it will make it is if the manga is selling like hot cakes (and even then...) or if sammy studios is crazy and take a chance. I hope if they do a dub they using the voice actors from the anime. But of course id play with jap language and english subs because dubs are for the un1337 ::)

exhumethecorpse said:
Is the berserk game even coming to america? I doubt it, the sammy american website hasnt mentioned it in the least. Not to mention its not on their e3 list. And its not like it can capitalize off a tv showing like other anime games coming out. The only way it will make it is if the manga is selling like hot cakes (and even then...) or if sammy studios is crazy and take a chance. I hope if they do a dub they using the voice actors from the anime. But of course id play with jap language and english subs because dubs are for the un1337 ::)

No I don't agree with you.It's very likely it WILL be release in the U.S. it's being made by a good developer (Yukes) and it's very likely the game will be kick ass which I'm sure Sammy knows.

Plus the anime was in fact in the top ten most bought anime DVD's last year and the manga has sold well also. Sammy must already know that Berserk has an audience here in America.Oh and Sammy studio's is not the developer of the game their likely to be the publisher for the game in the U.S. since they showed a trailer of the game last year at E3 expo at their Sammy booth. Sammy has published games that they did not make themselves like Guilty Gear X2 which was made by another studio.

nir085

Horse and Armor
Sorry if this question's been answered (I've looked though), but does anyone have any idea which arc this is going to deal with? Or if it is going to deal with an arc at all?

I had a short video in which Guts was fighting Trolls, and then an Ogre. So I would suppose it's about the Troll arc, but there are Screenshots of Griffith too, so...maybe it covers more arcs.

Judo

Midlands finest
There was also a screenshot where Casca was wearing the BotH-armour. I'm really curious about the story of the new game... and if there will be no PAL-version released, I guess i'll have to get a mod-Chip for my PS2.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Griffith and Casca pictures are from technology testing with the new engine. There's no obligation for Sammy to place those models in the actual game. However, as a hype machine, it certainly was a good move 8)

At this point, there really isn't any way to say with confidence what the game will be about. Even those bloody Troll animations could be technology demos. However, my bet is on it taking place in the relative future, just as the DreamCast game's chronology in relation to when it was released (~vol 20).

exhumethecorpse

I'm a llamer
okay given the news that the FMA game is states bound id definitely say that berserk will without a doubt show up here also. And im sooo going to order that game for the demo.

P

psymont

sold with another game huh? they pulled that shit with ff7 back in the day. it came with tobal. so yeah, i bought it and it was .... gooood

puella

Berserk forever
This is the trailer but many people say it doesn't look good. But how can we know that just by the trailer?

Vampire Panic Trailer

And the screenshots are....

vamp23.jpg

vep6.jpg

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
here are more shots of the Berserk ps2 game...
http://www.the-magicbox.com/game101003d.htm

Griffith looks kick ass... but I wonder...why is Caska wearing her old armor???

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
here are more shots of the Berserk ps2 game...
http://www.the-magicbox.com/game101003d.htm

Old news.

Nomad said:
Griffith looks kick ass... but I wonder...why is Caska wearing her old armor???

Because it was just a technogical demo of the game.

Top Bottom