If Guts is given a steed...

Does an extraordinary steed enhance Guts fighting capability?

• Yes

Votes: 36 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Doesn't matter, Guts is already strong enough

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So give me your opinion guys :D

Note: When i mean extraordinary... it has to be something special, like SK horse or maybe legendary unicorn as others mention... (I am really missing those moment with Guts fighting on horseback back in the good old days)

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
But why would he need a horse? He's trying to cross a large body of water and a horse isn't going to be much of an asset there. Right now in this point of the story, he doesn't need one.

Miyu said:
But why would he need a horse? He's trying to cross a large body of water and a horse isn't going to be much of an asset there. Right now in this point of the story, he doesn't need one.

Yes, that and the fact he isn't travelling alone anymore, so he would need to find a bunch of wild extraordinary animals... ::)

asmer said:
Yes, that and the fact he isn't travelling alone anymore, so he would need to find a bunch of wild extraordinary animals... ::)
Or maybe just one mutant Whale to go over the seas with everyone !! ;) you should disscus this with Shurikn ;D

Miyu said:

Well i know... but he cant be staying there permanently right? Furthermore i am not even sure when will they reach Elfhelm... If they can successful make it there first...

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Miyu said:
Magic steeds can fly

nir085

Horse and Armor
I see your point, but even so, many complications would arise:

1.) Five steeds/unicorns near a port town, not one Berserker armor. Unless you also include the rest of the gang's armor, but armor is easier to store than horses.
2.) The child and Caska can't fly magical horses. Hell, even Isidro and Schierke might have a hard time. The child and Caska could ride with someone else, but Farneze is the only person who would take care of them both; and it wouldn't be a good idea for 3 people to ride a possibly wild beast.
3.) Riding horses over a volatile ocean would not ensure their security. A magically protected ship could though (if you have read Death Gate Cycle, you'd understand)
4.) If they chose to avoid riding them directly over the ocean, they'd have to face high altitude, in which case one fall could mean any of their deaths (including Guts).

Anyways, getting back to the topic at hand, I think Guts will eventually get a cool horse, but not necessarily a magical one. Maybe one that lives in the Interstice somehow, who knows. Either way, my guess is that he's going to get new equipment/buddies/creature buddies at Elfhelm and not before his arrival there.

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
I doubt Guts even wants a damn enchanted pony.

your pipe dreams of Skully & Guts riding off together in the sunset should stay in your doujinshi fan-fiction ::)

i don't think he's getting a horse, or at least a permanent one. i think caska might have an aversion to horses considering her last dealings with one. they're probably going to boat it to the island. (i'm likin the death gate reference)

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Smith said:
But i still think having a steed is cool

Well just look at Griffith 8)

Just because it looks cool doesn't mean he should do it. Guts isn't going to go out searching for some "magical steed" because Griffith has one. Who cares?

Wow, that sounded like an argument for an anti-drug campaign.

Orlandu said:
Or maybe just one mutant Whale to go over the seas with everyone !! ;) you should disscus this with Shurikn ;D
??? kind of funny... i think you have a overgrown imagination ;D

I never said Guts should have a steed or something like that. What you guys don't understand in the word IF ? Is it spelled right ? ::) I'll put every "if" in bold for you from now on because you seem to have a problem reading them.

So my point was, IF Guts was about to get a steed it will be an extraordinary one.

If he ever get one, it will be after they get to Elfheim. And.. I'm not into fantasy that much so.. i don't know every possible extraordinary steed, the only one I know is the unicorn... Like Nomad said, it's hard to imagine Guts on one, especially if it's the Unicorn that everyone here have seen in their childhood. Like i said before, it always depend on how Miura design his unicorn. But we are going too far here so i'll limit my "speculation" to what i said previously. It can take years to see Guts and his crew to get to elfheim so.. i won't lose more time on this :)

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
nir085 said:
I see your point, but even so, many complications would arise:

1.) Five steeds/unicorns near a port town, not one Berserker armor. Unless you also include the rest of the gang's armor, but armor is easier to store than horses.
2.) The child and Caska can't fly magical horses. Hell, even Isidro and Schierke might have a hard time. The child and Caska could ride with someone else, but Farneze is the only person who would take care of them both; and it wouldn't be a good idea for 3 people to ride a possibly wild beast.
3.) Riding horses over a volatile ocean would not ensure their security. A magically protected ship could though (if you have read Death Gate Cycle, you'd understand)
4.) If they chose to avoid riding them directly over the ocean, they'd have to face high altitude, in which case one fall could mean any of their deaths (including Guts).

Anyways, getting back to the topic at hand, I think Guts will eventually get a cool horse, but not necessarily a magical one. Maybe one that lives in the Interstice somehow, who knows. Either way, my guess is that he's going to get new equipment/buddies/creature buddies at Elfhelm and not before his arrival there.
Woah! Hey now, I wasn't being serious...

I think Gut's getting any steed of great note at this point in the story would be kinda pointless, I could understand if after they crossed the ocean he got a normal horse.... though I don't see how the horse could support Guts his armor and the dragon slayer.

IgnusDei said:
could be a giant black wolf.

LOL Great Idea!!! So when he was in the beast mode he will merge with his pet like Locus transformation and become even more powerful :D

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
What has this thread come to? Isn't this the horrible thread "Sea Creatures"? Guts is probably not gonna have an animal to ride on. I like him better on foot anyways.

down.jpg

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
its a matter of style. Guts greatest moments have been sans horse. Changeing him to a mounted combatant would be like puting full armor on his arms. It just isn't done for long.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
off course we can allways trust Miura's "taste" in this matter... IIIFFF it get to that...

I could probrably see Griffith on a white unicorn leading the hawks. But never guts. He is just too damn masculine for a white horse with a horn on its head.

unicorn.jpg

7milesdown said:
I could probrably see Griffith on a white unicorn leading the hawks. But never guts. He is just too damn masculine for a white horse with a horn on its head.
unicorn.jpg

Well IgnusDei have already mention that Guts is not restricted to only unicorn

Top Bottom