Firefox incompatibilities

Not that this is a huge issue, but this site looks wack with Firefox (relatively new browser, pretty slick actually).

Some pics to illustrate:

709fire2.jpg

709fire1.jpg

I'm not expecting you (Walter) to make it Firefox compatible since it'd probably be a big hassle and no one is complaining (it's not my main browser anyways so I don't care, either) but just thought you might want to know.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've been using Firefox for quite some time now as my main browser, and though the broken code of the site makes it look different from what was intended, it doesn't bother me at all.

Actually I prefer the Firefox version :-[.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This has been a long, LONG debate between myself and Cronus, an older sk.net admin from days of yore. My standpoint is: Sure, IE has security bugs, but it at least displays content properly. Maybe it's not the most "correct" way to code a website, but it works if you're using IE. Firefox, Mozilla, Opera all this other jazz will display code "properly" (i.e. shittily) and thus be a huge mess.

Therefore, if IE is more leniant with its code and thus it wil always be preferable to me, who has better things to work on other than to learn the proper way to tell a portion of text to center.

However, if one of you more advanced CSS coders out there feel like re-doing the entire template code, you can download the code here:

http://skullknight.net/template.html

IE can't even display CSS margins and pixel widths properly. That's slackitude to the biggest degree.

Standards argument aside, making this board software compatible is only a pain because of the way it actually uses CSS, it doesn't use an external .css file for all of the rendering (monumentally stupid) and stores all of the values in the Admin area, which makes it harder to work with.

I'm looking at it now, though.

EDIT: I found the problem. When Walter gets back I will send him the fix.

Top Bottom