What do you think of the Hawks

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
I was just wondering what you all thought of the Hawks, since I recently learned that there is supposedly alot of hate between you guys and them. Anyway I'm not going to lie I am a regular poster on the hawks boards too (Bane), and I was just curious to see if this was unfounded BS or for whatever reason true. So anyway all you opinions (good or bad) are welcome. Thanks

BTW: Personally I all 'ya guys and both sites. ;D

Aconyro

REVENGE!
I went to the board and it seemed a little boring (not many recents posts at all). In addition, the boss seems like a complete FREAK. But the people, I don't have anything to say about the people I didn't investigate.

However, I would guess that from the amount here that are on both there a few really good members at the hawks.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
They took ar scans! (recent south park episdoe). Well as far as I understand they stole quite a few things from us, also the dickwad from the hawks came over here and wasted our time speaking about thehawks bieng noble.

Griffith said:
Actually, they do steal our translations, I don't know how you couldn't tell by reading volume 26. They even have our translators handles here listed in the front. This has been going on since about volume 23. Probably before that, but not as blatantly. Many chapters are basically word for word now. Anyway, I'm glad, because if you read thehawks stuff before that, you'd know why they got their crappy reputation, "Bank of the Hawk!" Especially since, as we've seen today, people quote their translations as if they are divine no matter what the source. So I'd rather they be ours than the total crap thehawks used to crank out. They've even stolen some of Walter's old Post Eclipse scans from here as well for some reason (not exactly awesome stuff by Wally's standards). But yeah, either way, it comes down to how much they suck. =)

-Griffith

Im not a member of the forums but i do read the hawk scans. People here are always complaining that they are inaccurate and shit but after going through "common misconceptions in translations" I really didnt see what the big deal was. At times they are a tad misleading but mostly it seems to be the same thing said differently.

I even saw a guy in one part of the translations saying Guts was "unrespectful" which I thought was pretty funny.

Anyway it comes down to reading clean scans with english words on the paper or not so clean low res scans and playing spot the speech bubble as you read through from a piece of paper, which I dont enjoy much and try to avoid.

Im sure people wont agree with me but I dont care, I have never regretted it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Kyosuke said:
Just curious, 'cause last time I checked aparently we all like the same thing.

Well, first off, all their management and mods are total creeps (anyone remember Genn, he's their Berserk mod and resident expert... yeah). With the exception of 7miles, Judeau, and also that Gattsu fellow seems pretty reasonable. He also looks like he does all the actual work while whitehawk acts like he's awesome (and a creepy shit). We should try to steal Gattsu away, I know he's a fan of our translations. ;)

Stay tuned, I'm going to toss up a thread that will paint a pretty picture of my hawks counterpart thewhitehawk (much like him, I don't do anything but boast either =).

But, that's no reason to be down on the whole place though, so here is one: unlike the members of thehawks board, I actually like to donate money to Kentarou Miura. I do this charity by actually purchasing his work. This novel concept is lost on thehawks board, as a matter of fact, most of them don't seem to realize Berserk is actually printed on paper in the first place. Some of them going as far, and I shit you not, as to actually print out the scans, page by page, to read them. Which brings me to the overall stupidity factor. If you think I don't like the trash we have here, then you should see what they have to offer (remember, Genn is a mod there, a MOD). Their garbage makes our garbage look like Olivier Hague.

Also, as has been mentioned already, they're just leechers. They steal scans. They steal translations. They wouldn't even exist as a community if not for the current information here. Therefore, there's no reason for their existance. They're the bizzarro world skullknight.net. ;)

-Griffith

P.S.

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=1740;start=0

There it is, thewhitehawk is out of his mind. I thought I was an asshole. Speaking of which, watch me and Walter have fun photoshopping the hilarity. ;D

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Wow I guess there really is alot of hate btween the two, anyway let me just set one thing straight, what drew me to sk.net and thehawks wasn't my love of either of the boards, it was love of the manga (which I do own Darkhorse's first and several import copies of, but I am a starving college student so I can only get so much) and the anime. Naturally this has drawn me as I imagine it has drawn so many others of you to this site along with others, and in finding out that the hawks are aparently stealing other work, I will agree with you and say its fucked up and wrong.

BUT I come to these boards not only for the great work done here but for what I though was a place for people who enjoy Berserk as much as me. It just kinda sucks to see people (even you Griffith) generalize and put down other fans who aparently love Berserk as much as you do AND have individually done you no harm for no real reason.

I mean seriously I haven't stolen anyones elses work or talked shit about anyone here yet by your own accusations I'm a loser who steals from Miura, knows absolutely nothing about Berserk and am a complete assclown. It really sucks to see a MOD (who I do respect for the work that he does) label people like that. But then again, thats your right and privilage so who am I to say anything otherwise.

All in all I like both boards and the people who inhabit them. I'm not flaming anyone or talking any shit, just trying to understand. Thanks

Kyosuke said:
Wow I guess there really is alot of hate btween the two, anyway let me just set one thing straight, what drew me to sk.net and thehawks wasn't my love of either of the boards, it was love of the manga

Kyosuke said:
Wow your really volitile aren't you? Oh boy i told you to shut up, wow my god that a reason to freak out. And by the way do you even know what angst means...? *sigh* I don't want to start a flame war, I dont care what you think. I support the hawks 'cause they were the reason I got the manga.

Contradiction much?

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
You agree, through your use of this YaBB forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. This is not only humorous, but legal actions can be taken against you.

I find the latter part of the paragraph from the hawks forum registration terms of agreement a tid-bit funny for some strange reason.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
thehawks board is a rotting cespool (spelled wrong I'm sure but the hawks aren't worth the effort of a spellcheck) of primordial, prebrained creatures.

Kyosuke said:
Wow I guess there really is alot of hate btween the two, anyway let me just set one thing straight, what drew me to sk.net and thehawks wasn't my love of either of the boards, it was love of the manga (which I do own Darkhorse's first and several import copies of, but I am a starving college student so I can only get so much) and the anime. Naturally this has drawn me as I imagine it has drawn so many others of you to this site along with others, and in finding out that the hawks are aparently stealing other work, I will agree with you and say its fucked up and wrong.

BUT I come to these boards not only for the great work done here but for what I though was a place for people who enjoy Berserk as much as me. It just kinda sucks to see people (even you Griffith) generalize and put down other fans who aparently love Berserk as much as you do AND have individually done you no harm for no real reason.

I mean seriously I haven't stolen anyones elses work or talked shit about anyone here yet by your own accusations I'm a loser who steals from Miura, knows absolutely nothing about Berserk and am a complete assclown. It really sucks to see a MOD (who I do respect for the work that he does) label people like that. But then again, thats your right and privilage so who am I to say anything otherwise.

All in all I like both boards and the people who inhabit them. I'm not flaming anyone or talking any shit, just trying to understand. Thanks

I've never given thehawks.org a second thought. It's not like there is a thread titled "WHy thehawks SUX0rs! THey GOT pWNED!!!" Though, this might become that thread, way to go buddy.

Thats why i dont see u there MAJIN! I had no idea about the hate going between the boards. Yeah, Im a mod, and its top poster there, but Im glad people around here know that Im not an asshole either. I only disrespect those who disrespect me. ;)

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Mage said:
Contradiction much?

God, this is the most hostile board Ive ever posted on. I've been very polite and careful not to insult anyone, but that doesn't really matter I guess its just a different style. Anyway I've had my question answered, obviously there is quite a bit of animosity between the two groups and though it doesn't make much sense to me i can accept its existance. So anyway I'll just post on both boards and hope for the best and maybe I'll change the opinions of some of the people here towards the folks that post over at the hawks forums (i can hope can't I)

Oh yeah and Mage, I do support the hawks 'cause stolen material or not THATS where i got the manga that really began my love of Berserk (I didn't even know SK.net existed at that point or I may have come here instead of there), , THATS where I had my questions answered AND THATS where I was welcomed as a fellow Berserk fan not as an outsider. So yes I do support the hawks and its members, and again if I fact they are stealing scans and translations like they are accused then THATS SOMETHING FUCKED AND I DONT SUPPORT IT.

BTW: Mage when you only post one smal tidbit of a much larger thread in order to give a false impression of something when taken out of context, its called slanted journalism and generally something to be avoided.

So again I really enjoy both sites and hopefully will be able to prove that what site I use doesn't really matter, and all that really counts is Berserk. Thanks

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
never been there... dont care... Im happy where Im at...SK.NET baby!!!
although I admit, I haved seen the scans... yet I still donate my money to the "Miura Funds" (as Griffith puts it)...

;D

Kyosuke said:
God, this is the most hostile board Ive ever posted on. I've been very polite and careful not to insult anyone, but that doesn't really matter I guess its just a different style.

Hostile? This has been very civil so far. But let me ask you about politeness. Calling me angsty, telling me to shut up, saying that I'm a "bipolar maniac freak," is being polite? Sure, you're polite here, only because you're a fucking newbie and you know nobody who'll blindly support you. Nothing I told you before has been contradicted here, and yet you changed your belligerent tune so quickly when other people corroborated what I said.

Kyosuke said:
So yes I do support the hawks and its members, and again if I fact they are stealing scans and translations like they are accused then THATS SOMETHING FUCKED AND I DONT SUPPORT IT.

Let's get things straight. FIRST, you acknowledged that they steal translations; THEN, you said you support the Hawks. You flamed me endlessly, every step of the way, as I explained to you how they plagiarized. EVERY SINGLE DAMN POST. And now you're backpeddling trying to pretend this is some huge revelation in a pathetic attempt to save face. You don't care that they stole shit; you only care about the h1gh qu4l1t7 sc4ns. You were welcomed there because you're nothing but a leecher, like most of them are. Did it ever occur to you that true fans actually, *gasp* BUY an author's work instead of pirating it? :eek:

Kyosuke said:
BTW: Mage when you only post one smal tidbit of a much larger thread in order to give a false impression of something when taken out of context, its called slanted journalism and generally something to be avoided.

Why not elaborate what the "false impression" is, to point how how I am wrongly depicting it? Maybe you aren't because you can't, since it's correct and you're just too delusional to accept it? Anyways, I'll just provide the direct link, Princess, since quoting your self-contradictions seems to frustrate you so much.

http://img.4chan.org/a/imgboard.php?res=37271

Mage said:
Let's get things straight. FIRST, you acknowledged that they steal translations; THEN, you said you support the Hawks. You flamed me endlessly, every step of the way, as I explained to you how they plagiarized. EVERY SINGLE DAMN POST. And now you're backpeddling trying to pretend this is some huge revelation in a pathetic attempt to save face. You don't care that they stole shit; you only care about the h1gh qu4l1t7 sc4ns. You were welcomed there because you're nothing but a leecher, like most of them are. Did it ever occur to you that true fans actually, *gasp* BUY an author's work instead of pirating it?

tehHWAKs SuX0rs!1! dey get pWNded. HaheROFLS. Kyosuke, its not like you are the entity known as thehawks.org so who cares? If someone on the internet doesn't like your FAVE message board who gives a flying fuck. And what is there to not understand about why some people don't like them? It's two different philosophies about how to read Berserk.

All you are doing is instigating. If someone came up to me who I didn't really give a shit about and kept asking me why I hate them, furthermore got people to explain to me why I should hate them, I'd end up hating them more than when they first started talking, so you should probably just give up and look at the rest of this board.

Oh, when you say you are being nice and polite, you're really being an "assclown."

If you don't like the hawks, fine but realize no one cares that you dont like the the hawks and NO ONE wants to hear you bitch about them.

NO ONE CARES that you feel like dogshit cuz thehawks.org clearly SUX0r!S!! Oh if no one cares, what are you doing on this message board starting a "Hey you shouldn't hate my translating group" thread.

You're clearly trying to convince this board that thehawks.org is a GREAT orginization. But who cares, honestly.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
I Probably would never have discovered the manga either if it wasnt for the hawks, so for that I am grateful.
So after the anime was over you clapped your hands together and said, "Well, that's that!"

Somehow I doubt it. In my time as a Berserk fan, I've seen the anime as the greatest method so far of drawing in fans of the manga, not the "noble" Hawks.

Reading all this trash has taken away minutes I could have been working on the Encyclopedia. Anyone want to help me fill in those lost minutes of work?

really if you want to know, i think the hawks is boring and stupid. no body really post there. its just a site that i think is there to steal ideas from other people to make them look good.

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
The Dark One said:
really if you want to know, i think the hawks is boring and stupid. no body really post there. its just a site that i think is there to steal ideas from other people to make them look good.

Fine what ever, like I stated several times before its not that big deal to me I was simply trying to understand, aparently that is very wrong so whatever I'm done. I got my answer so I guess this thread was a success, at any rate I don't hate anyone on either of the boards. To me I had just thought, "Ok how can people can hate each other when they have soo much in common" and didn't understand. I made this thread so Mage and I could finally finish our debate. So I am a big enough man to admit you were right Mage, I didn't believe that these sites full of people who aparently have much in common could dislike each other so, but they do. So hey its not that big of a deal one way or the other.

Oh yeah and Mage though you have proved that you were in fact right in your assumption of the animosity between the two groups. I do feel that I've been the more calm, rational and reasonable on both my boards. I didn't call anyone a; "dumb bitch", "pussy fanboy ass", "ignorant ass", "mindless dumbshit fanboy", "pussy", "mindless fanboy faggotry", "fucking retard", "fucking retarded" ect ect(need I go on?). Yet somehow when I called you "angsty" and told you to "shut up" that was worse than what your obvious atempt to provoke a response. That was why I called you a troll, and asked you to stop starting a flame war. But in the end I guess I've created one too *scratches* lol, strange how thing work out huh. But I don't really care about "he said" "she said", its pointless and ineffectual I was merely bringing to attention that your not blameless Mage.

So whatever thanks for everyones imput *seriously*it was really enlightening, good, bad it all helped answer my questions the only thing I'm sorry about is if I have somehow made things worse between the two sites. Maybe in the future I can change that. So um thats it Im done with this thread, thanks everyone.

missioncomplete.jpg

SKuLL LaRD

i AM nut skulLord.net!!!!!
Kyosuke said:
I do feel that I've been the more calm, rational and reasonable on both my boards.

IT TAKES AWAY ANY TRUTH THERE WAS IN THAT STATEMENT WHEN YOU START TO BRAG ABOUT IT!!!111

Top Bottom