Mood

jake

YO!
I am already familiar with the Berserk story line and all that, but I just wanna know what the overall mood of the manga is before I buy it. Is it depressing? If it is, is too depressing at times to enjoy? I just want to know what I'm gettin' myself into before I buy the mana.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I am already familiar with the Berserk story line and all that, but I just wanna know what the overall mood of the manga is before I buy it.  Is it depressing?  If it is, is too depressing at times to enjoy?  I just want to know what I'm gettin' myself into before I buy the mana.
Mood? Eh...Id say the mood "dark", but many of the underlying themes are "survival" and "dreams", things not necessarily associated at all with depression.

No...In summation, Berserk is far from a depressing story. Quite the opposite really.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
No...In summation, Berserk is far from a depressing story. Quite the opposite really.

well, it's would've been a different story if berserk stops at vol 13....but that only an IF, so i suppose i'll have to agree with walter, for Guts and most people (that are still alive that is)have become better people due to guts' travels

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
It's the best story of survival and perseverance through hardship that I can think of... sure, upsetting things happen but it's well worth it to get into and follow the manga. I'd agree with walter in that it's not depressing - so check it out! ;D

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Berserk is the story that changed my life for the better I believe...so it's really a must. Don't even bother with moods, it's got everything, but it's not depressing. I actully know very few manga that might be really depressing. but Berserk is strenght, hope and resolution.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
well, it's would've been a different story if berserk stops at vol 13....

it was really good to find out that there's "more berserk", after having watched the anime... i recall myself being quite depressed when i watched 24+25 back then...

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Berserk is the story that changed my life for the better I believe...so it's really a must. Don't even bother with moods, it's got everything, but it's not depressing. I actully know very few manga that might be really depressing. but Berserk is strenght, hope and resolution.

I wouldn't say Berserk realy could change anyones life for the better but i realy can't tell you mite look at things another way or so but that would be it, mood well i'd just say it's dark nothing else but it's not depreasing.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't say Berserk realy could change anyones life for the better...
Why couldnt it? It did several things for my life. Ive been extremely inspired by Griffith and Guts.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Why couldnt it? It did several things for my life. Ive been extremely inspired by Griffith and Guts.  

maybe it's just me then ??? havn't know anybody here or talked to anyone before the BBS was started so i wouldn't know how it could change anyone else, i'm probley wrong anyway so i'll shut my yap.

Top Bottom